Business Development Manager - APAC-EMEA @ INEX Innovations Exchange Pte Ltd
Senior Scientist. Animal Health, Food Safety and Environment. Next Generation Sequencing @ Thermo Fisher Scientific (Life Technologies)
Scientific Project Manager @ Sprim
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). Biotechnology @
Universidad de Almería
As an expert in genetics and molecular biology, I identify opportunities for innovation in the marketplace and connect them with emerging technologies in academic and research laboratories. My prior experience involved conception, design and planning of experimentation related to product development of molecular assays, from conceptual design to product launch, being my areas of expertise Next Generation
As an expert in genetics and molecular biology, I identify opportunities for innovation in the marketplace and connect them with emerging technologies in academic and research laboratories. My prior experience involved conception, design and planning of experimentation related to product development of molecular assays, from conceptual design to product launch, being my areas of expertise Next Generation Sequencing and Real Time PCR. Broad working experience in the Life Science industry in America, Europe and during the last 4 years in Asia and Australia
Business Development Manager - APAC-EMEA @ INEX started as a small molecular diagnostics company over seven years ago. Today, INEX holds numerous patents and licenses in key areas serving women’s health, including ovarian cancer diagnosis and screening, non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) and same-day prenatal diagnosis.
- Oversee all matters of clinical and technical business development, responsible for fostering partnerships with lab and healthcare distributors and biotechnological companies for women health product penetration.
- Develop and drive global insight-based strategies and action plans that provide a sustainable competitive advantage for our product brands
- Build strong relationships with key influencers including industry partners, KOLs, governments and institutions to build brand loyalty and increase sales.
- Implement annual plans to achieve business development targets via distributor appointment and samples targets locally and globally for products identified.
- Gather market intelligence, trends, competitive analysis and strategic operations in order to ensure accelerated growth in identified markets.
- Conduct CMEs and product presentations at key events to communicate the clinical value and unique proposition of our products.
- Develop and implement overall market positioning for each product, which includes identification of target segments, content creation i.e. white papers, studies etc. and technical communication kits From August 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) SingaporeSenior Scientist. Animal Health, Food Safety and Environment. Next Generation Sequencing @ - Conception, design and planning of experimentation related to product development, new diagnostic assays, from conceptual design to product launch. Market research. Shrimp, Swine and Poultry industry.
- Continuous contact with customers and sales and regulatory teams to develop solutions to problems that the customers face in their business.
- Analyzing, compiling and presenting sequencing data.
- Developing more effective protocols / methods for analysis.
- Presenting results including background and a comprehensive set of complex experimental results, analyses and conclusions to other scientists and clients.
- Ensuring that systems and procedures are in compliance with ISO9001 requirements From July 2013 to December 2013 (6 months) SingaporeScientific Project Manager @ - Market Research: Researching, analyzing, and monitoring factors relevant to life science industry and that inform our recommendations to clients. Nestlé, Coca Cola, Abbott.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses to aid development of recommendations; exercise informed business judgment in identifying and evaluating issues and possibilities.
- Business development. Visiting clients with new ideas to develop or improve their performance.
- Interact with both internal and external scientists to develop and investigate protocols for projects under development. Nutritional clinical trials, scientific and regulatory affairs.
- Creating and presenting to client audiences via teleconference or in face-to-face meetings. From May 2013 to June 2013 (2 months) IndonesiaAgri-Food Consultant @ - Training for properly food and beverage handling in the FMCG/restaurant/hotel industry. Food handling / hygiene, GMP, HACCP and ISO. Physical, chemical and microbiological control.
- Technical direction of projects. Scale-up for the launching of new products.
- International regulatory affairs. Internal and external audits. Preparation of internal dossiers. Nutrition and health reports. From September 2009 to April 2013 (3 years 8 months) Researcher @ - Molecular biology of viruses and discovery of new viruses.
- Protein expression using plant viral vectors, virus resistant transgenic plants.
- Study of virus replication and translation mechanisms, virus novel gene functions. RNA interference. Structural biology and bioinformatics of viruses.
- Plant breeding. Cross protection studies.
- Constant transmission of technology and application developments to the stakeholders. From September 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 2 months) SingaporeLecturer and Product Developer @ - Director of the new studies of pharmacy and nursing in the centre. Design of the pharmacology, physiology and marketing programs.
- Professor of pharmacology, nutrition and bromatology, physiology and pathology (infectious diseases) subjects.
- Design and perform, for first time in the centre, an exchange program to send students to different companies in the EU to continue their training as well as enhancement of laboratory experience.
- Product specialist of the pharmacy and nursing courses. Sales. From September 2009 to August 2011 (2 years) SpainProject Manager @ - New varieties of cultivated plants, international regulatory affairs, technology transfer from R&D to commercialization. Plant breeding and food processing.
- Direct sales/marketing of molecular diagnostic assays.
- Lead scientist for the phytosanitary regulation (EU and SPS legislations) of 15.000 ha of greenhouses in Almería, Spain, developing methods for a better control, diagnosis and prophylaxis of diseases as well as conducting regular and close contact with Governmental Institutions, Farmers, Seed and Food Multinational Companies. Monsanto, Syngenta, Bayer, Rijk Zwaan.
- Biotechnology applied to control and improvement of food. Quality and food security. Market trends and new products development (improving or new formula). Nutrition and health.
- Promotion of fresh vegetables and olive oil in the international markets.
- Conference Speaker across America, Europe and Asia for a better and more sustainable agriculture and food. Broad networking all around the world. From February 2004 to September 2009 (5 years 8 months) SpainResearcher @ - Identification of signaling pathways involved in infectious disease development.
- Elucidation of movement and virus replication essential mechanisms.
- Use of RNA plant viruses as templates of novel nanomaterials. From February 2008 to June 2008 (5 months) USAResearcher @ - Study of molecular virus-vector interactions to prevent damage in cucurbits crops.
- Epidemiology of diseases caused by viruses.
- Development of new procedures to control diseases caused by viruses. From February 2006 to July 2006 (6 months) United KingdomResearcher @ - Design, molecular modeling and synthesis of new antineoplastic and antiviral drugs.
- New synthesis methodologies in solid phase.
- Peptidomimetics. From September 2000 to December 2003 (3 years 4 months) SpainPharmacist @ - Sales and dispensing of drugs. Pharmacovigilance.
- Control of stocks and embodiment of orders.
- Monitoring of public health plans. From February 2000 to August 2000 (7 months) Spain
Postdoctoral Research Fellow @ National University of Singapore From 2011 to 2012 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). Biotechnology @ Universidad de Almería From 2005 to 2009 Master of Science (M.Sc.). Organic and Medicinal Chemistry @ Universidad de Granada From 2000 to 2002 Master of Education (M.Ed.) @ Universidad de Granada From 2000 to 2001 Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) @ Universidad de Granada From 1995 to 2000 Francisco M. Gil-Salas, PhD is skilled in: Nutrition, Food Safety, Clinical Trials, Business Development, Market Research, Regulatory Affairs, Molecular Biology, Crop Protection, Genetics, Sales, Presentations, Team Leadership, Product quality..., Process implementation, Process and quality..., Conference speaker, Training and management..., Project management, Leadership and team..., Improved productivity, Technology Transfer..., RT-PCR, PCR, qPCR, Molecular Cloning, Protein Expression, Bioinformatics, Tissue Culture, Process design and..., Biotechnology, Biotecnología, Desarrollo empresarial, Ensayos clínicos, Investigación de..., Biología molecular, Ventas, Expresión proteínica, Bioinformática, Gestión de proyectos
Looking for a different
Francisco M. Gil-Salas, PhD?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension