Associate Professor of Marketing @ Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Global Marketing & Digital Sales Director @ BBVA
IE Business School
I am passionate about marketing.
I have worked in all the functions and areas possible with a wide marketing outlook, from strategy to publicity, from digital marketing to offline marketing, from research to cost controlling. I have worked in the residential and business market, in national and international positions in companies like Deutsche Telekom, Microsoft, Terra, Canal+,
I am passionate about marketing.
I have worked in all the functions and areas possible with a wide marketing outlook, from strategy to publicity, from digital marketing to offline marketing, from research to cost controlling. I have worked in the residential and business market, in national and international positions in companies like Deutsche Telekom, Microsoft, Terra, Canal+, Telefonica and BBVA.
My marketing differentiation is to be able to develop an integral marketing vision, focusing in the client with the aim of generating value through all marketing tools and processes.
I know how to build and manage a high performance team. I care about people.
Digital Payments and Mobile Payments. Marketing Manager
Digital Banking. Marketing Manager
BBVA Group.Global Senior Marketing Manager.
BBVA Spain & Portugal. Marketing Manager.
CANAL+. (2007-2009). Marketing Strategy and Digital Business Manager.
TELEFONICA GROUP. (1999 a 2002 / 2004 a 2007)
Telefónica Móviles España. MVO and MNVO Marketing Manager.
Terra Networks. Digital Marketing SVA Director.
Telefónica Móviles Corporación. Marketing Strategy Manager
Telefónica Móviles España. Business Product Manager
MICROSOFT. (2002 a 2004). Marketing Product Manager Microsoft Office 2003
UNISOURCE CARRIER SERVICES. (1996-1998). Switzerland. Marketing Intelligence Specialist
DEUSTSCHE TELEKOM. (1994 a 1995). Germany.Marketing Cost Controller trainee
UNIVERSIDAD COMPLUTENSE. (2007-Current). Marketing Professor.
- ISDI. Digital Marketing Executive Program. 2014
- B.S. in Economics and Business Administration. Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM).
- ERASMUS Scholarship, University of Vienna, Austria. 1993.
- Executive MBA. Instituto de Empresa (IE) 2002
- Master in Marketing and Sales Management (ESIC). 1998
- On going PHD in Marketing by UCM. Outstanding DEA (June 2008)
Global Digital Marketing Manager @ Helping drive BBVA’s digital transformation into a digital business model, to better adapt to new customer demands market by the digital transformation, the increase in mobile usage and the entrance of new competitors.
Focusing on advancing digital marketing strategy, product development tactics, capabilities and partnerships in key markets.
Leading de Global Marketing team for Digital Payments and Mobile Payments (Wallet &Mobile APP)
- Definition of the Digital Strategy and Digital Marketing Plans of BBVA Digital Banking.
- Digital marketing for Digital Payments (BBVA Wallet) and Mobile Banking applications.
- To define global strategy and to assure local implementation alignment.
- Go-to market approach and Marketing Orchestration, covering all stages of Marketing, from strategy to execution
- Digital Marketing Plan From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Madrid Area, SpainAssociate Professor of Marketing @ Marketing Professor at Universidad Complutense de Madrid of Marketing, Publicity, Promotions, Digital Marketing, Marketing Plan, Research... From October 2005 to September 2015 (10 years) SpainGlobal Marketing Manager @ After years of developing a local competitive strategy, BBVA has decided to compete with a Glo-Cal" approach (Global strategy with Local execution). The global marketing department is responsible for providing the global Marketing strategic definition within the global business areas, leveraging on the capabilities and competitive advantages that create differentiation in the market
Responsible for 4 business lines in the group: BBVA Consumer Finance (a B2B specialized unit), Basic Mass Market Segment (8 millions clients), BBVA Commercial (B2B) and Payment Systems with functional responsibility in the all the marketing departments to alignment the strategy
• Management of strategic projects from the Corporate Agenda and reporting to Marketing Committee.
• Definition and Execution of the Global Marketing Strategy and the Marketing plan.
• Develop Global “Go to Market” to facilitate global and local strategy alignment.
• Validation of Local Marketing plans and main campaigns.
• Design of global communication plans.
• Management of the Global and Local marketing budget. From October 2011 to March 2014 (2 years 6 months) Professor of Digital Marketing & CRM @ - CRM Strategy
- Digital CRM, Social CRM, Digital Marketing and customer knowledge.
- Data modelling to drive decision-making in customer relationships such as loyalty, upgrading and churn management
- Integration of datamarts and customer intelligence models with the online and offline relational channels
- Creation of advanced predictive models of churn, upselling, crosseling, next best activity... From 2009 to 2012 (3 years) Marketing Manager @ Marketing Manager for the mass market segment (from 29 to 59 years old) and Soho Segment in charge of the definition and execution of the strategic and marketing activities related with the full residential portfolio (Payroll, Mortgages, Insurance, Securities Means of Payment, etc.).
Working with creative and mass media agencies in order to implement Marketing campaigns (ATL, BTL, online, and internal communication) I had to integrate them with cross-selling campaigns and direct marketing loyalty programs.
• Marketing department re-organization.
• Redefinition of marketing and publicity processes.
• Definition of the segment strategy and the Marketing plan
• Marketing, Publicity and Communications actions. Execution of more than 800 marketing activities, and more than 9000 pieces of advertising (TV, Radio, print, online, direct mkg, etc) and Marketing sales support (3500 branches)
• Digital Marketing Strategy.
• Campaign analysis to improve results and meet business objectives
• Retention and fidelity plans
• BBVA Budget Management From January 2009 to October 2011 (2 years 10 months) Madrid Area, SpainStrategic and Digital Business Development Marketing Manager @ CANAL+ wanted to change the strategic approach to the customer, changing from product-centric vision to a customer-centric vision. That was the main objective of my department as well as all the activity related with client’s retention and loyalty programs.
We transformed the way of doing marketing in CANAL + by the redefining customer management, analyzing and redesigning all the marketing campaigns of sales, retention, loyalty and customer recovery in any channel, as well as adapting all processes, marketing tool and systems.
Develop the new customer segmentation, scorecard, etc and implement Digital tools in order to maximize the customer value for CANAL+
Leading a team of 10 people.
Main Activities os Marketing Strategy area:
• Marketing plan and Marketing actions
• Digital Marketing Strategy
• Loyalty and retention plan.
• Measurement of satisfaction.
• Digital Marketing
Main activities of Business Development area:
• Industry trends analysis (Mobile, Internet, IT, Consumer electronics, TV, …)
• Defining the value proposition of Canal+ Multiplaform YOMVI (Mobile TV + Internet TV )
• Defining value proposition and commercial launch of PVR (i-plus)
• Defining and the Canal + Mobile and Digital value proposition From October 2007 to January 2009 (1 year 4 months) MVNO & MVO Marketing Manager @ When a the Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) and the Virtual Mobile Operators (VMO) appears in the mobile market in Spain, Telefonica had the imperative need to understand how to manage these new players and ensure their leadership in this market.
A group of 10 managers of different areas was as assign directly to the CEO to establish the long term strategy and launch all the incentives that could be need to maintain the competitive position of Telefonica
•Strategy recommendation and definition of the competitive model for MVNO and VMO Market
•Review all the possibilities to manage the market, from a second brand strategy, to capture the most successful candidates to become a VMO in Spain (ECI, BBVA, etc) or block alternative sales channels that could be use by MVO (Tabacalera, Correos, etc)
•Definition of the positioning, value proposition, marketing plan, new brand, portfolio and communication strategy needed to launch a second mobile brand of Telefonica to compete in the “no frills” market if necessary. From September 2005 to September 2007 (2 years 1 month) Madrid Area, SpainMarketing AVS and Mobile Marketing Manager @ Telefonica and Terra was looking to differentiate their ADSL offer, avoid competing just on price, using the added value services bases in content (Music, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona etc) for the mass market and launch a platform of business and professional services for the business market.
With a team of 4 people I was responsible to lead and implement this vision, redefining the business model and developing a multiplatform solution for Internet & Mobile.
•Defining the Marketing Strategy and the value proposition to sale trough the Terra ADSL with the differentiation of the SVA proposition.
•Develop Digital Strategy and Digital Marketing actions
•Redefining Business model, portfolio and pricing definition, as well as lead the negotiations for the acquisition of content for Terra (Music, Mobile content, Real Madrid & FC Barcelona content).
•Defining the business model and portfolio to sell SVA´s to the business markets as promotions to their business (for example to BBVA to sell to young segment)
•Marketing plan and launch campaigns (TV campaing, direct Marketing and Marketing Materiales to the Terra sales force)
•Competitive benchmarking (Commercial, operational and financial) From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) International Product Marketing Manager @ My responsibilities as Product Manager was defining, implementing and monitoring corporate strategy for Microsoft Office and coordinating all the Marketing actions in Spain, managing the P&L (40% of the total P&L of Microsoft Spain in 2003) in all the segments of clients and markets
Managing a local and International team.
• Strategy and Marketing Plan definition.
• Manager of the relationship with Microsoft Corporation. Alignment the corporate Go To Markets in the Spanish market.
• Launch Campaign of Microsoft Office 2003 (best launch campaigns in Spain since Windows 95).
• Communication Plan.
• Ditital Strategy
• Web Relaunch of Microsoft Office website. From 2002 to October 2004 (2 years) Madrid Area, SpainMarketing Strategy Manager @ Deep knowledge and understanding of Telefonica businesses and markets around the World
Responsible of the definition, execution, coordination and follow up of global marketing strategy and Marketing Plans for the Telefónica Móviles group as wel as marketing Manager responsible for the global campaigns and actions.
Leading a team of 4 people in Spain and coordination of 12 Marketing departments in Europe and Latam.
•Global Marketing Strategy and Plan definition.
•PreUMTS MVNO launch in 4 European countries
•International leader in special projects related with costumer loyalty and segmentation.
•Launch of Telefonica Movistar in Mexico
oDue diligence for Pegaso acquisition in Mexico (1.400M€)
oStrategy and marketing Plan, market segmentation and value proposition, product Portfolio and pricing for enterprise segment (Institutional, enterprise, SME and Soho).
oMultimedia launch Campaign Launch of Telefonica Movistar in Italy
oStrategy and Marketing Plan for the residential market.
oPositioning and Brand definition. Quam brand development
• Launch Campaign. Rebranding of Telefónica Movistar (all countries)
o Positioning and development of marketing offer for the unification and rebranding of all brands of Telefonica in Telefonica Movistar
•Global Strategy and Business Development Plan for the introduction of SMS model in LATAM.
•Development of the Telefonica Moviles Group Marketing Corporate Information System From March 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 8 months) Marketing Prodcut Manager @ In charge of the marketing strategy and marketing actions in the business market (Institutional, Corporate, SME, and Soho). Product Manager for corporate products and services (Movistar corporativo 2000, Movistar Enlance), SME Product and Services (MoviStar Plus Empresas) and fix and mobile product (Movistar Combi)
Lead projects with internal departments such research, corporate, innovation & lab and legal advice, identify business opportunities and provide ideas and solutions in both proactive and reactive way.
•Value proposition and definition of business portfolio
•Market segmentation and establishment of sales plans for the business market.
•Responsible Business Market communication actions
•Launch Plus MoviStar Plus Empresas.
•Launch of MoviStar Corporativo 2000
•Launch MoviStar Combi (integrated fixed and Mobile offer for business costumers) From 1998 to March 2001 (3 years) Madrid Area, SpainMarket Intelligence specialist @ UCS was an alliance between Telefónica (Spain), Telia (Sueden), KPNG (Holand) and SwissCom (Switzerland) for compete in the international long distance telecommunication market.
+ Develop the intelligence information marketing system
+ Management de market research
+ Market Segmentation From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Marketing controller @ Main projects:
+ Budget Elaboration
+ Budget Control From October 1993 to October 1995 (2 years 1 month)
Executive program, Digital Marketing @ ISDIEXMBA, Excutive Management, EXMBA @ IE Business School From 2001 to 2002 MAster, Marketing & COmercial, Master EX MBA @ ESIC: Business & Marketing School From 1997 to 1998 Graduate, Bussiness Administration @ Universidad Complutense de Madrid From 1989 to 1992 Profesor, Marketing @ Universidad Complutense de Madridon going PhD, Marketing @ Universidad Complutense de Madrid Francisco Martinez is skilled in: Leadership, Team Worker, Strategic Vision, Objective oriented, Analytical, Analytical Skills, Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship, People Management, Learning potential, Communication capabilities, Marketing, Management, Client Orientation, Advertising
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension