Bachelor of Science @
University of Southern California
Member @ The LA CTO Forum is a vibrant, private, invite-only network of software CTOs who exchange ideas, share experiences, and help each other when needed. We conduct monthly meetings, quarterly roundtables, and discuss different business and technology topics. At over 250 members, this is the largest CTO group in the US. The group is led by
Member @ The LA CTO Forum is a vibrant, private, invite-only network of software CTOs who exchange ideas, share experiences, and help each other when needed. We conduct monthly meetings, quarterly roundtables, and discuss different business and technology topics. At over 250 members, this is the largest CTO group in the US. The group is led by Tony Karrer and has an amazing roster of the best technical minds in Los Angeles. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Chief Technology Officer @ Reporting to the CEO, manage the technology teams, strategy, architecture, development, operation, and budget for the next generation "FinTech" finance acceleration platform combining proprietary Finance and Big Data Technologies with industry experience to provide workflow and liquidity solutions to the global digital media industry. From December 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Senior Director, Engineering (Big Data) @ Reported to the CTO, managed the technology teams, architecture, strategy, infrastructure and budget for all aspects of Big Data, including Grid Computing using Hadoop, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence using Vertica, Data Sciences and Analytics, Performance Metrics, and Traffic Quality, as well as DevOps, Training, Project Management and Quality Assurance, for the world's leading independent provider of digital advertising technology. From November 2012 to November 2013 (1 year 1 month) Chief Technology Officer @ Reported to the President, managed the architecture, product and technology teams responsible for the prototype development of the first true cloud-based Multichannel Video Programming Distributor that securely incorporates unlimited linear, live and on-demand content, dynamic and targeted advertising, language internationalization, pervasive analytics, integrated second-screen experience, and finally, the most advanced set top box to date. From June 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 6 months) Chief Technology Officer @ Reported to the CEO, managed the technology teams, technical architecture and strategy, operational infrastructure, technology budget and customer support providing content, services, and workflow products and solutions to enhance workflow efficiency and reduce risk for the Legal Industry. From March 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 4 months) Chief Technology Officer @ Reported to the CEO, managed the technology teams, technical strategy, operational infrastructure and technology budget for the preeminent provider of movie and television industry information to the world's leading entertainment and media brands. From March 2005 to March 2010 (5 years 1 month) Senior Director of Software Development @ Reported to the CTO, managed the technology teams responsible for the development of an international music service that seamlessly integrates personalized and dynamic content, media distribution, web services, DRM technologies, subscription services, electronic commerce, and portable devices. From November 2002 to February 2005 (2 years 4 months) Director of Engineering @ Reported to the CEO, managed the technology teams, technical strategy, operational infrastructure and technology budget for a peer-to-peer based content delivery network, including a scalable server complex, transparent browser-based client, web-service based customer interfaces, customer extranet, and internal reporting, administration, and monitoring interfaces. From April 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 7 months) Director of Software Development @ Reported to the VP of Engineering, managed the teams responsible for the design, development and testing of core services for a large-scale, multi-customer, multi-site hosting platform including: dynamic and personalized content management system, electronic commerce, integrated fulfillment services, internal management interfaces, and financial reporting services with ERP integration. From October 1998 to March 2001 (2 years 6 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Designed and developed software solutions simultaneously for a variety of clients, including:
- A large-scale inventory system for the world’s leading truck manufacturer, integrating geographically distributed and heterogeneous systems into a unified and extensible framework.
- A deferred compensation processing system for a major financial securities company.
- An extensible framework for the world’s largest airline reservation system. From June 1998 to October 1998 (5 months) Research and Programmer Analyst @ Designed and developed software solutions simultaneously for a variety of academic research and development projects, including:
- A distributed, extensible, collaborative data mining system of geo-scientific data across a network of heterogeneous systems, and extensions for run-time dynamic reconfiguration, an optimizing compiler and GUI client.
- A fully interactive, implicitly scalable, next-generation multimedia server running on a cluster of commodity computers and its clients for a variety of applications, including video, 3-D virtual reality and scientific visualization. From December 1995 to May 1998 (2 years 6 months) Operations Analyst @ Maintained source code for and managed the processing of jobs on large-scale computing system for manufacturing plant’s material, scheduling and personnel systems, including monitoring and maintaining computing, networking, printing and tertiary storage systems; Designed and developed a just-in-time inventory control system for managing and ordering data processing materials and supplies; Revamped usage of large-scale laser publishing system to improve output quality, facilitate distribution, and eliminate operator error. From May 1990 to September 1992 (2 years 5 months)
Master of Science, Computer Science, 3.78 (Magna Cum Laude) @ University of California, Los Angeles From 1996 to 1997 Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, 3.81 (Magna Cum Laude) @ University of Southern California From 1993 to 1995
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension