Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Managerial Economics @
University of California, Davis
My name is Eugene Katz and I am a technology business leader skilled in building renewal-sales teams and customer retention programs. As a member of leadership teams, I serve as a trusted advisor on strategic initiatives related to customer adoption, retention, and growth. I have a proud history of minimizing customer churn (ARR, MRR, Logo) and maximizing
My name is Eugene Katz and I am a technology business leader skilled in building renewal-sales teams and customer retention programs. As a member of leadership teams, I serve as a trusted advisor on strategic initiatives related to customer adoption, retention, and growth. I have a proud history of minimizing customer churn (ARR, MRR, Logo) and maximizing recurring revenue (Renewal rate, Growth, LTV) for leading Enterprise and SAAS companies.
I believe that while not everything in business can be automated, everything should be measured and optimized. I lean on my analytical nature and quantitative approach to make data informed decisions in a highly competitive, sales driven environment.
Traditional methods of selling Enterprise software are becoming obsolete. Today’s successful software vendors are selling based on new, try-before-you-buy, LTV-focused, customer driven sales cycles. I help companies that accept this market dynamic and understand the importance of aligning with the way customers want to evaluate, purchase, and use software. In my experience, success is achieved by combining healthy dose of automation with targeted proactive sales efforts. Want proof? “Ask me how I sold over $60M of enterprise software to 10K customers with a team of 6 people.”
Specialties & Interests:
★ Building international, high-performance, multi-million dollar Enterprise and Velocity (high volume / low touch) renewals, customer advocacy, customer success, and inside sales teams.
★ Driving enterprise software renewals, closing large licensing deals and growing high value accounts.
★ Reducing ARR churn and customer logo churn via customer adoption, retention, and loyalty programs.
★ Working with numbers, A/B testing, and leaning on data analysis to launch automation initiatives and improve business processes.
★ Building customer-focused product companies with like-minded and like-hearted people.
Sr. Director of Renewals @ Okta is an enterprise-grade identity management service, designed to address the challenges of a cloud, mobile and interconnected business world. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud-based and mobile applications, to enable IT to securely manage access anywhere, anytime and from any device.
• Responsible for building and maintaining a world-class customer retention practice
• Accountable for global renewals and growth at the time of the renewal
• Hiring, training, management of a global renewals team From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) San Francisco, CADirector, SAAS Sales & Renewals @ Ran Sales for a cloud division of an international enterprise software company. Challenged the way traditional enterprise software is sold, while transforming how developers code, collaborate, and deploy in the cloud.
• Lead a team responsible for $3M+ SaaS sales and renewals of CloudForge - development PaaS.
• Drove renewals pipeline of $5M+ for an Agile Enterprise ALM platform, TeamForge.
• Responsible for Loyalty Marketing and efforts associated with improvements to customer retention.
• Consulted the executive team on best practices and strategies of a world-class velocity business. From October 2012 to April 2014 (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector, Worldwide Sales & Renewals @ Promoted to lead worldwide sales, renewals, and customer advocacy teams as part of a reorg.
• Accountable for retention of 20,000+ paying (SAAS and on-prem) customers. Responsible for increasing Customer Lifetime Value by minimizing churn, and maximizing renewals and cross-sell bookings.
• Responsible for outbound efforts (internally referred to as Customer Advocacy) to increase evaluator conversion from trial to paid.
• Hired, trained, mentored, and oversaw performance of 4 managers / team-leads and approximately 30 staff in San Francisco, Amsterdam, and Sydney.
• Championed a reorganization of Customer Service team into a responsive, specialized, committed Customer Advocacy team. Brought the initial response time down from 24+ hours to 4-hour response time, and increase the customer satisfaction score.
• Built a sales-innovation team responsible for automating repetitive tasks, fixing operational inefficiencies, and built real-time reports. Live reports and on-demand dashboards increased staff accountability resulting in productivity gains. Accomplished a predictable, non-linear recruitment pipeline.
• Consolidated and presented quarterly board/CEO state of the union reports to create short From July 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco, Sydney, AmsterdamDirector, Renewals Sales @ Promoted to lead global customer retention efforts for an international software development company. Responsible for Renewals of 15,000 global customers. Managed P&L and department operations with a team of 12 sales reps and business analysts.
• Responsible for growing and maintaining renewals business at Atlassian.
• Accountable for renewals and customer satisfaction of 15,000 + customers in over 135 countries.
• Managed renewals and customer service department with staff in San Francisco, Amsterdam and Sydney.
• Partnered with Product Marketing and Product Management teams on pricing changes, product end-of-life campaigns, and product launches. From July 2010 to July 2011 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco, Amsterdam, SydneyCustomer Advocacy Manager @ Built and managed inside sales and customer service teams for an international software development company. Fifth hire in San Francisco and 30th Worldwide. Hired as a Team-lead in San Francisco, promoted to Manager with staff in San Francisco and Sydney.
• Built Atlassian software renewals program from concept to fully-staffed team. Started with a renewal rate in the low 60% and brought it to over 80%.
• Championed new internal systems, tools, reporting, email response management system.
• Wore many hats at an early stage start-up and helped Atlassian grow from $6M to over $50M. From December 2005 to July 2010 (4 years 8 months) San Francisco, SydneySales and Operations Manager @ Managed wholesale and field sales for a prepaid telecommunications distributor.
• Increased monthly field sales from $700K to over $1.5M in the first 12 months.
• Managed 10 wholesale distributors with $6M+ annual sales, and 6 field sales executives responsible for over 1000 accounts across California, Oregon and Nevada.
• Negotiated vendor/partner agreements, and oversaw contract execution and compliance.
• Streamlined and automated inventory control processes and introduced new reconciliation systems. From April 2003 to December 2005 (2 years 9 months) San Jose, CAMarketing Specialist @ Marketed and sold integration software and professional services for an international software development company.
• Created marketing collateral, sales presentations, product documentation and demos.
• Interviewed and collaborated on projects with advertising and PR agencies.
• Improved product and services distribution by implementing go-to-market strategies with Domestic and International VAR’s and Partners. From June 2000 to April 2003 (2 years 11 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @ University of San Francisco From 2008 to 2010 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Managerial Economics @ University of California, Davis From 1996 to 2001 Certificate of Completion, Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies @ Sacramento Entrepreneurship Academy, Sacramento CA From 1998 to 1999 Network for Teaching Entrepreneurs, Stanford University, Palo Alto CA From 1996 to 1996 Eugene Katz is skilled in: SaaS, Enterprise Software, Product Management, Strategic Partnerships, Cloud Computing, Salesforce.com, Product Marketing, Business Development, Team Leadership, Start-ups, Cross-functional Team..., Sales Operations, Integration, Sales, Business Analysis, Sales Management, Management, Renewals, Business Strategy, Project Management, Pre-sales, Early-stage Startups, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension