VP of Software Engineering Talent Acquisition @ CareerBuilder
VP Product Management @ SumTotal Systems, LLC
Vice President, Cloud Strategy & Transformation Services @ SumTotal Systems
B.S. E.E. @
Results proven business leader with over 20+ years in technology building and managing diverse global technology oriented organizations delivering innovative solutions to customers in all market segments from financial, government, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and transportation successfully achieving business objectives. Tactical planner with hands on management of large teams maximizing the benefits of multi-million dollar P&L’s delivering complex projects
Results proven business leader with over 20+ years in technology building and managing diverse global technology oriented organizations delivering innovative solutions to customers in all market segments from financial, government, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and transportation successfully achieving business objectives. Tactical planner with hands on management of large teams maximizing the benefits of multi-million dollar P&L’s delivering complex projects on time.
Areas of expertise:
- Managing global cloud operations: NOC, DBA’s, infrastructure/networking, system administrators, etc.
- Business transformation & strategy working with Fortune 100 companies on technically challenging solutions
- Strong focus and experience with data privacy policies and information security
- Management of DevOps from roadmap to deployment & integration of products.
- Customer satisfaction focused
- Acquisitions and integrations
- Sales and business development experience
- Vendor and contract management
Vice President, Cloud Strategy & Transformation Services @ As part of the Global Business Transformation team, I am responsible for the long term SumTotal cloud strategy and managing the DevOps roadmap to support future growth. I also work with large customers and prospects in a business development capacity to develop their cloud-based strategy with migration of business critical HCM & ERP class applications to the SumTotal cloud in addition to consultng on data privacy and information security considerations when using cloud technologies. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) VP, Cloud Operations & Information Security @ As part of the executive team reporting to the CEO, I was responsible for building and managing a high performance global cloud operations team of over 100 supporting public cloud (SaaS), and private cloud for thousands of customers in multiple verticals including government (ITAR compliant), Pharma (CFR part 11), retail, etc. Responsibilities included infrastructure, DBA, NOC, sales support, vendor management, and information security. Led merger & integration activities during four acquisitions.
Lead the team achieving the following results:
Managed acquisitions and growth resulting in 300%+ increase in customers supported in the SumTotal cloud with corresponding revenue growth of while increasing margins through increased efficiencies and driving down costs. The number of active users in the cloud managed by the SumTotal team surpassed 17M while supporting several of the fortune 50 in the cloud. Successfully passed NIST and SSAE-16 audits and deployed government customers in compliance with the ITAR regulations. Completed multiple data center consolidations while moving to virtualized ecosystem with increased SLA’s for uptime availability and reduced DR RTO/RPO. From July 2010 to April 2014 (3 years 10 months) Director, Product Manager @ Product Manager for a portfolio of software products with full responsibility for market definition, product roadmap, marketing and communication, sales support, operational services, etc.
Sole responsibility for product management of a portfolio of products generating over $15M in yearly renewals and team member supporting additional product portfolios generating another $60M in revenue. Managed the product roadmap process and SDLC for both the core products and add-on modules, from feature identification, through development/release, and end-of life planning. Responsible for marketing campaigns, customer communications, and pricing. Worked closely with product Support and Professional Services organizations to ensure they were successful supporting our products. Led effort to define a new smart phone product offering for the BlackBerry, iPhone, and Windows Mobile by integrating an OEM solution. Responsible for solution definition, development, sales process, support services, and package definition for Professional Services. From November 2008 to September 2010 (1 year 11 months) Practice Director, Professional Services @ Managed a Professional Services team that delivered complex customizations and deployments for fortune 100 companies. Responsibilities included P&L responsibility for the team as well as recruiting, on-boarding, performance reviews, resource scheduling, project oversight, and escalation management. Provided operational support to the VP of Professional Services in the management of the Professional Services team. Provided leadership for the Professional Services readiness team for the roll-out of SumTotal’s new integrated suite & updated processes.
* Responsible day to day management operations of a Professional Services team with a multi-million dollar P&L generating 35% gross margin and exceeding revenue targets by 149%.
* Demonstrated sales support consistently exceeding booking goals, both individually and for the team.
* Managed large projects (1M+) for critical accounts (fortune 100 customers) ensuring delivery on-time & on-budget.
* Primary owner of customer satisfaction for Professional Services WW. Integral member of a cross functional team redesigning Customer Satisfaction program.
* Track and manage project metrics (e.g., on-time, on-budget) for Professional Services WW. Reports to Senior Management on metrics and strategies to improve.
* Core team member of PMO working to revise and grow SUMT TotalMethodology (project implementation methodology) and SDLC.
* Member of Operation team driving groups P&L and strategies. Developed revised on-boarding process and integral team member of skills/training plan for PS&T. From March 2004 to November 2008 (4 years 9 months) Director Professional Services Worldwide @ Managed operations for a large international cross functional Professional Services group consisting of over 60 employees in Project Management, Technical Leads, Development, and Quality Assurance producing yearly revenue in excess of $8 million.
* Supported process definition and team development for new off shore development model.
* Established the Professional Services team in the United Kingdom office for support of EMEA customers. Supported the partner’s Professional Services team in Australia.
* Led effort to revise process and metrics for both Development and Implementations.
* Supported integration efforts and process definition during merger of Click2learn, Inc with Docent. From February 2003 to March 2004 (1 year 2 months) Project Manager/Project Director @ Managed North American operations for a Professional Services team consisting of Project Managers, Implementation Consultants, Developers, and Quality Assurance. Defined processes and best practices that was the basis for the methodology of all projects. Consistently exceeded revenue and margin targets for the group.
* Founding member of team that developed implementation methodology to be used on all Click2learn projects.
* Supported end to end life cycle from sales, implementation, development, and support.
* Directly managed the largest implementations performed by Click2learn. The project included supporting the change management of the customer’s processes. The project established new processes for a distributive team. From September 1998 to February 2003 (4 years 6 months) Manufacturing Engineer/Synchronous Improvement Engineer @ Identified new opportunities, evaluated, and executed projects to reduce costs through automation or new processes. Includes the financial analysis of the project, budgeting expenditures, and coordinating support groups. Performed Information Systems Coordinator function for engineering and manufacturing groups.
* Completed nine cost improvements in 1997 with annual savings of $1,250,256. Led quality team to remove ITT Rochester from GM's worst supplier list. Saved $355,000 in containment labor while increasing quality. Achieved a reduction of defective material by two thousand parts per million with the use of a vision system. Earned the 1997 ITT Quality Award.
* Supervised manufacturing departments with up to 57 operators consistently meeting daily production goals. From January 1995 to September 1998 (3 years 9 months)
B.S. E.E. @ Clarkson University From 1993 to 1995 M.B.A. @ University of Rochester - Simon Business School Eric Theobald is skilled in: Information Security, Managed Hosting, Hosting Services, Cloud Computing, Product Management, Professional Services, Computer Network..., Executive Management, SSAE16, Product Marketing, Customer Oriented, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Leadership, Management, Data Center, Security, Integration, Disaster Recovery, Vendor Management, Cross-functional Team..., Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension