These days life finds me putting all of my blood, sweat, and tears in to starting up FINSECTECH. Cybersecurity has been my passion for the last 20 years and I am trying to give back to the community by building a application to managed companies deployment of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework as a Service (FaaS). So I
These days life finds me putting all of my blood, sweat, and tears in to starting up FINSECTECH. Cybersecurity has been my passion for the last 20 years and I am trying to give back to the community by building a application to managed companies deployment of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework as a Service (FaaS). So I guess you can say I am spending a bunch of time turning drawings on napkins in to security discussions in your boardroom.
Before diving head first into the entrepreneurial ocean I spent a couple of years working in startups and some large enterprise networks (read below). And before that I was a US Marine Field Radio Operator.
Co Founder @ As many of you know a friend and I are launching into the world of building a software startup. This is something that has been something pulling at me for a very long time. Finsectech is building products to help manage your company's overall cybersecurity posture. From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Chief Information Security Officer @ I begin a new chapter in my career as the CISO at Cor Clearing. I will provide more updates as time progresses. From January 2015 to July 2015 (7 months) Orange County, California AreaPrincipal Information Security @ Handling the day-to-day security concerns of a promising start-up in the EHR space. Providing value with updating the current infrastructure and planning the future security posture of the organization. I am currently taking strides in improving my overall security management expertise by researching HITRUST Common Security Framework.
All the while deploying cutting edge security infrastructure using next generation firewall technologies like Palo Alto Networks or Cisco ASA X series platforms with newest code and feature set.
Still researching new types of Malware and Advanced Persistent Threats to keep an eye on how attackers are penetrating networks. I believe with products like FireEye and Wildfire from PAN we will be seeing a shift in the way attackers are penetrating networks in the near future. From December 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 1 month) Information Security Principal @ As a senior member of KP Information Security team, the is the point of contact and technical subject matter leader for how KP protects it's data center and facility network. Proven Enterprise Strategist with years of developing security architecture strategies for the third largest health insurance provider in America. Support over 9.1 million members and over 200,000 employees.
Developed relationships with the business to understand business roadmaps and bring the thinking back into the Security Services and input into the security strategy. Excellent at ensuring the successful implementation of technology solutions within projects/programs by leading and developing agreed Security Architectures. From March 2006 to October 2013 (7 years 8 months) Manager Security Infrastructure @ Led Companies SAS-70 efforts to assure SOX compatibility with banking/brokerage customers. Managed the day-to-day security issues of nation wide network and systems. Provided security guidance and direction for corporate physical and computer security to assure no issues during SAS-70 audit. Maintained close relationship with business partners to assure all security issues where handled in a quickly. Instrumental in establishing formal HR policies, job descriptions, and annual SAS-70 reviews. From January 2005 to January 2006 (1 year 1 month) Network Security Engineer @ • Supervise the designed and deployment of Kaiser Permanente’s enterprise Internet firewall environment. These firewalls supported 80,000+ daily users and 100s of applications.
• Achieved goals of increased Internet response times and levels of availability for web applications.
• Responsible for monitoring user traffic and reporting on possible foreseen network traffic issues.
• Coordinated the implementation of enterprise Network Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS). Implemented NetForensics for use in event correlation and incident management.
• Developed and published network security/acceptable usage policy for enterprise network users.
• Very experienced in maintaining team integrity in crisis control situations. From October 1999 to January 2005 (5 years 4 months) Network Engineer @ • Member of a high level network consulting services group for mainly large enterprise and carrier class networks which included: network design, implementation, problem isolation, maintenance and optimization of multi-vendor network infrastructures.
• Designed, implemented and provided support on multi-vendor network solutions to include: Microsoft, Solaris, Linux, and Cisco. From 1997 to 1998 (1 year) Field Radio Operator @ • Member of a high level network consulting services group for mainly large enterprise and carrier class networks which included: network design, implementation, problem isolation, maintenance and optimization of multi-vendor network infrastructures.
• Designed, implemented and provided support on multi-vendor network solutions to include: Microsoft, Solaris, Linux, and Cisco.
• Directly managed the garrison and deployed networks supporting 3,500 Marines of Marine Forces Pacific.
• Supervised the efforts of 15 plus Marines responsible for maintaining hundreds of deployed PC's, servers, and networks.
• Daily tasks included the management of directory services, file and print services, PC maintenance, and access to the IBM mainframe via 3270 emulation services.
• Duties include the set up and tuning of radio equipment including antennas and power sources; establishing contact with distant stations; processing and logging of messages; making changes to frequencies or cryptographic codes; and maintaining equipment at the first echelon.
• Supervised in the installation, testing, monitoring, and maintenance of up to 30 deployed LAN/WAN and Radio networks to support remote operations in Korea, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, and domestic training areas. From 1992 to 1997 (5 years)
USMC From 1992 to 1997 San Gorgonio High School From 1989 to 1992 Eric McWilliams is skilled in: Firewalls, VPN, Security Architecture Design, Information Security, PCI DSS, Security, Network Security, Cisco Technologies, Data Center, Computer Security, Networking, Routing, Linux, IDS, Network Design