Data Warehouse Architect and owner @ DWLOGIC.com a sub of MyIdea.com - Data Warehouse Company.
A data warehouse architect with 20 years of experience, specializing in data warehousing architecture, data modeling, analysis, design, development, problem solving, performance tuning and technical support of major Data Warehouses with very large transaction volume at major companies. Eran has worked in diverse environments and different industries including mortgage lenders, banking, financial institutions, radio communications
A data warehouse architect with 20 years of experience, specializing in data warehousing architecture, data modeling, analysis, design, development, problem solving, performance tuning and technical support of major Data Warehouses with very large transaction volume at major companies. Eran has worked in diverse environments and different industries including mortgage lenders, banking, financial institutions, radio communications services, retail, health care and the hospitality industry.
Eran is the founder and the manager of the Data Warehouse Architects LinkedIn group
Mortgage, Financial, Media (Arbitron, OSI, Wide Orbit), Healthcare, Hospitality/Hotels, Inventory, Human Resource (Kronos)
Products:IBM banking data models, DWL / WCC, Deltek, FinArch’s Financial Studio (Basel II), Netik InterView data warehouse
Data Warehouse Architect Consultant @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Greater Milwaukee AreaMerging and Integration Architect @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicData Warehouse Architect and owner @ For IBM at Wal*Mart please see description
On-schedule indicator (OSI) reverse engineering and remodeling
Capitol Advantage, Fairfax, VA
Data Warehouse Architect
Environment: RDBMS: Oracle 9i. Modeling tool: Erwin 7.2
•Trained the data warehouse and OLTP teams on modeling concepts.
•Defined standards for the OLTP and the data warehouse.
•Designed the physical model for the current and future election/research application.
Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), Chicago, IL
Data Warehouse Data Modeler
Environment: RDBMS: DB2 8. Modeling tool: Erwin 7.2. ETL: Data Integrator (DI)
•Responsible for integrating and mapping of the 40 RRS data sources into an Optimized 3NF Database.
•Designed the logical and physical RRB Optimized Database model From September 2007 to Present (8 years 2 months) Data Warehouse Architect @ • Performing data profiling, reverse engineering and remodeling on verity of undocumented data marts and OLTP systems
• Designing the model for PPL Write-Off / Restatement billing process From March 2014 to July 2014 (5 months) Allentown, Pennsylvania AreaLogical Data Modeler @ Target Corp @ • Performed conceptual and logical data modeling for the new marketing campaign management project
• Performed reverse engineering and remodeling on the Kronos HR source system and designed a HR logical data mart integrated with Target’s Enterprise Data Warehouse From January 2013 to June 2013 (6 months) Minneapolis, MNData Warehouse Architect @ Environment: RDBMS: Teradata and Oracle 9i. Modeling tool: ER/Studio Data Architect 9
Responsible for the Media Service and Campaign Management data architecture and data modeling
Performed data modeling for the Print Media Service reports system From May 2012 to December 2012 (8 months) Greater Milwaukee AreaInformation Architect / Data Architect @ First Horizon National (FHN) / First Tennessee Bank (FTB), Memphis TN
• Responsible for the Commercial Work Flow (CWF) data architecture and data modeling
• Responsible for data integration with data sourcing and targets including BDW, ODS etc
• Performing data profiling, identifying potential and partial hidden FKs within data sources and across them. Building missing flat files data dictionary and identifying missing data dictionary elements. From March 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 2 months) Memphis TNSenior Project Manager @ Senior project manager at the Corporate Data Warehouse departmernt From January 2010 to December 2010 (1 year) Data Warehouse Architect @ Bank Hapoalim – Basel II data analyst: Analyzed and mapped the on balance and off balance Bank Hapoalim transactions from the data warehouse into FinArch’s Financial Studio in order to meet the Bank of Israel Basel II regulations and capital adequacy.
Bank Leumi – Data warehouse architect and team lead: Responsible for the analyzing, mapping and ETL development from Bank Leumi’s custody services system into Netik InterView data warehouse. From December 2008 to December 2009 (1 year 1 month) Data Warehouse Architect/Principal Consultant @ • Defined the architecture and standards for the BAE corporate data warehouse pilot.
• Designed dimensional model for the BAE corporate data warehouse pilot.
• Guided the ETL and the reports developers how to load and to use the star schema. From November 2006 to September 2007 (11 months) Owner - Data Warehouse Architect @ Consulting/Contract work at:
July 2006 to October 2006
Northrop Grumman / CMS (Consulting), Woodlawn, MD
November 2005 to March 2006
Fannie Mae, Washington, DC From June 2003 to October 2006 (3 years 5 months) DA @ The data modeling was done to match the requirements of Microstrategy.
• Served as a data warehouse architect at Freddie Mac, a leading secondary mortgage company.
• Led the effort to create conformed dimensions for the CDW project (15 terabyte DWH with thirty dimensions. some of them contain hundreds of millions of records).
• Led the effort to create new modeling concepts to improve the OLAP performance.
• Led the benchmark effort for the new concepts.
• Served as the data modeler of Data Mart Integration (DMI). The DMI was the first project that defined and used conformed dimension and was used as a pilot project for new DWH concepts for the entire CDW.
• Designed dimensional model (Snow Flake) for the corporate tax data mart. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Data Warehouse Architect @ • Led the ETL redesigning effort in order to use bulk and direct loading
• Responsible for tuning the corporate data warehouse including database, query, ETL and remodeling.
• Responsible for defining the new data warehouse standards and techniques.
• Trained the current data warehouse team how to design and implement their data warehouse based on their own unique necessities.
• Defined the dimensions and the fact tables for their current report’s data elements From 2005 to 2005 (less than a year) Data Warehouse Architect @ • Worked on CapCure project as a lead designer and data warehouse architect. CapCure is a multiple sites data warehouse based on clinical studies. The DWH was developed parallel to the development of the source application.
• Analyzed, designed and developed the star schema for the Data Warehouse using Oracle Designer6.0.
• Created the SQL scripts to load the aggregate tables. Some of them were based on multiple queries and sub queries.
• Analyzed, designed and developed the security system for the data warehouse to manipulate the data accessed by the sites base on viewing privilege on the record level. Since the extract data statistic calculation for each report was based on a data source from more than one site and the privilege to view records was based on a flag values,each user would view different results on the report. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year)
B.Sc @ Technion-Machon Technologi Le' Israel From 1988 to 1992 Eran Cypris is skilled in: Data Warehouse..., Data Profiling, Data Integration, SQL Tuning, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Finance, Teradata, Erwin, ER/Studio, Oracle RAC, ETL, Oracle, Dimensional Modeling, Business Intelligence, OLAP, Data Quality, Enterprise Architecture, Informatica, Architecture, Database Design, Cognos, Business Intelligence..., SDLC, Business Objects, Databases, Data Governance, Master Data Management, Performance Tuning, Business Analysis, Microsoft SQL Server, Requirements Analysis, Analytics, SSIS, Dashboard, Business Analytics, Solution Architecture, Data Mining, Data Marts, Reverse Engineering, PL/SQL, Systems Analysis, Integration, DB2, SQL, Data Migration