Global Category Manager - HR Services @ AstraZeneca
Global Sourcing Manager @ AstraZeneca
CIPS LEVEL 6 (in progress) @
A determined and dependable Procurement Professional adding value, improving efficiencies and reducing costs in complex global supply chains in pharmaceutical, engineering and manufacturing environments. A business – minded and forward-thinking individual translating customer requirements into commercially viable solutions with expertise in category management, sourcing, negotiating and contracting. Conversant with the procurement lifecycle focusing on delivering customer requirements
A determined and dependable Procurement Professional adding value, improving efficiencies and reducing costs in complex global supply chains in pharmaceutical, engineering and manufacturing environments. A business – minded and forward-thinking individual translating customer requirements into commercially viable solutions with expertise in category management, sourcing, negotiating and contracting. Conversant with the procurement lifecycle focusing on delivering customer requirements operationally and strategically to contribute to corporate goals across direct and indirect categories.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: combines CIPS studies with 8 years of post-graduate experience covering all aspects of Supply Chain and Procurement to deliver value to the business
STRATEGIC THINKING: Evaluates immediate and long term requirements, planning, sourcing and executing plans to deliver effective solutions
MANAGING SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS: Builds relationships with suppliers and negotiates contracts, pricing and service levels, thereafter maximising relationships based on partnership to continuously improve performance
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Manages expectations of multiple global cross-functional stakeholders, influencing parties to appreciate the benefits of procurement, tailoring approach to meet the needs of a variety of cross functional, global stakeholders
MANAGING RISK: Manages and mitigates financial, commercial and supply risk by ensuring that robust sourcing processes and agreement are in place.
Global Category Manager - HR Services @ Global Procurement Manager responsible for the Learning & Development and Relocation Services categories. From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Global Sourcing Manager @ Managed 2 categories in the Study Enablement team; Event Adjudication and Investigator Training.
Owned the global category strategy, led sourcing projects, managed supplier relationships and negotiated agreements, whilst working closely with the international Business Tool Owners, developing business partnering skills and ensuring an understanding of end users needs.
• Improved leverage and strategic direction through enterprise-wide alignment of a category delivering improved performance and cost savings
• Challenged and re-shaped the existing relationship with a consultancy/flexible resource provider to ensure compliance and deliver cost savings of 20%
• Sourced Business Process Re-engineering support to review AstraZeneca’s Trial Master File process which involved securing approval from the Clinical Board, followed by sourcing a technology solution to support this new process and address critical findings from an external audit From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Global Category Manager @ Seconded as a Global Category Manager for a key product, managed spend of c $150m;
• Collaborated with 4 strategic suppliers to ensure security of supply, manage risk and deliver value in an immature complex supply chain
• Applied strategic thinking to ensure solutions are future proof with commercially sound and flexible agreements in place to facilitate this. From May 2015 to October 2015 (6 months) Strategic Supplier Manager - Logistics @ Strategic Supplier Manager for Logistics and warehousing providers for BAE’s aerospace programmes; developed, negotiated, implemented and managed multi million pound contracts, ensuring the complex needs of numerous customers were met by engaging cross functional stakeholders at all levels in a global supply chain.
• Led a strategic initiative to reduce the number of logistics service providers across the Military Air business; developing the strategy and the subsequent tendering, assessment, due diligence and transition to a single service provider including price & contract negotiation to deliver multi-million pound savings and drive efficiencies
• Responsible for budgets of c. £20m, and subsequently managing risks and driving affordability from a large supply base
• Led and coached a team of Buyers managing supplier reports and balanced scorecards, driving and embedding continuous improvement, and ensuring optimum supplier performance from warehousing and transport providers across 6 sites From September 2009 to August 2014 (5 years) Preston, United KingdomGraduate Scheme @ 4 x 6 Month Placements across the BAE Systems Military Air business supporting procurement teams throughout the procurement and product lifecycle. Highlights included;
Supporting a working group to implement a consistent approach to supplier management across BAE’s global procurement teams
Facilitating a Procurement Directors workshop creating the 2009 Procurement strategic plan
Chairing and managing the Shortage Management weekly meeting, dealing with urgent requirements in very tight timescales, working with the Customer and Suppliers
Preparing and assisting in the presentation of a 5S workshop and also working with local management to design new Lean team boards, which involved transferring best practice from other companies
Moving from the MMS MRP system to SAP. I was responsible for managing the data cleanse of the information on MMS, motivating Buyers to cleanse their own purchase orders and arranging and facilitating SAP training. From September 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 1 month)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Business and IT, 2:1 @ The Manchester Metropolitan University From 2003 to 2007 CIPS LEVEL 6 (in progress) @ CIPS Emma Ashcroft is skilled in: Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Management, Negotiation, Category Management, Global Sourcing, Contract Negotiation, People Skills, Teamwork, Networking, Pharmaceutical Industry, Contract Management, Contractual Agreements, Outsourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension