Emm Pakdee is a senior level specialist in Information Architecture, User Experience Designs, and Usability Engineering with over 17 years progressive experience in designing, producing, managing, evangelizing, and delivering various type of digital media project engagements, including complex transactional web portal design/development, eCommerce apps, mCommerce (native apps, responsive web, and mobile optimized web) for clients from Media
Emm Pakdee is a senior level specialist in Information Architecture, User Experience Designs, and Usability Engineering with over 17 years progressive experience in designing, producing, managing, evangelizing, and delivering various type of digital media project engagements, including complex transactional web portal design/development, eCommerce apps, mCommerce (native apps, responsive web, and mobile optimized web) for clients from Media & Entertainment, Federal Government Agencies, Health Care, and Financial Banking Services.
Some of the Major Client Project Engagements Included:
Citigroup’s Citi Velocity, Wells Fargo's Derivatives Clearing/Collateral Portal, Barclays Bank's Responsive Design Marketing site, JP Morgan Chase's Mobile Trading, Morgan Stanley's Book of Business online tool for Wealth Management business division, Ann Taylor, Ice.com, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, Global Foundries, Ketchum Interactive, Razorfish, Merrill Lynch, Prudential, XM Radio, YesNetwork, SNY, CondeNast, FedEx, Clorox, Zoombak.com, US Department of Education, Frederick Community College, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Accenture, Henninger Media Services, National Institutes of Health, and American Society for Engineering Education
Lead UX Architect/Interaction Design Specialist @ Lead the UX architecture/interaction design activities and standardization efforts for overall user experience of all existing products and new initiatives. Provide UX leadership and direction by performing as the in-house UX authority/expert, facilitating, evangelizing, and incorporating Lean UX design process into all projects. Accountable for managing the project engagement's work efforts and UX deliverables being produced by a third party media agency on behalf of JP Morgan Asset Management's leadership executives. From August 2015 to Present (2 months) New York, NYLead UX Architect/Interaction Design Specialist @ Consult Product Management and UI Design teams on an on-going iterative interactive design process; Provide documentation support and guidance for sustainable UX Best Practices/Guide and Living Style Guide; Provide end-to-end UX support for new initiatives as well as accountable for producing overall site maps for key existing applications, including the Back Office, Register POS app, and Pocket app From July 2015 to Present (3 months) New York, NYUX Architect/Interaction Design Consultant @ Wireframing, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, and overall UX design for clients of the agency. From June 2015 to July 2015 (2 months) New York, NYGray Boxes Hired Gun (aka UX Architect/Interaction Design Consultant) @ Doodling, Sketching, Ideating, Wireframing, Annotating, Prototyping, and Facilitating the UX design efforts while incorporating Lean UX design process into the project. From September 2014 to March 2015 (7 months) New York, NYGray Boxes Monkey (aka Mgnt role, Information Architect/UX Interaction Design Specialist) @ Doodling, Sketching, Wireframing, Annotating, Conducting Contextual Researches: Ethnography, Interviewing Users, Analyzing Task Flows, Designing & Proposing Capabilities as Holistic Solutions (in the Aquarium with Stakeholders & High Priority Users), Collaborating with UI Dev Folks on Iterative Prototyping, Sharing & Presenting Research Findings with Key Stakeholders, Sticking to Overall Design Vision. From June 2012 to September 2014 (2 years 4 months) NYC and Charlotte, NCGray Boxes Monkey [aka Lead Information Architect/Usability Specialist] @ Doodling, sketching, acting as a "fly on the wall" on covert operations, observing, and researching how folks use, interact and respond to eCommerce site (desktop web version & mobile site/apps). Yeah...Check-in is nice, but getting people to Check-out is even nicer to the bottom line, huh? From December 2011 to June 2012 (7 months) New York, NYGray Boxes Monkey [aka Lead Information Architect/User Experiences Designer] @ Doodling in meetings then making gray boxes all day, all the time, in a code-free lifestyle. From August 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 5 months) New York, NYWeb Monkey in TPG of MLBAM @ ate bananas and made web sites From February 2009 to August 2010 (1 year 7 months) Web Monkey / Drupal Themes Developer @ Drupal theming all day all night From December 2008 to February 2009 (3 months) Web Monkey [aka Sr. Presentation Layers Developer] @ making web sites From November 2007 to November 2008 (1 year 1 month) Team Lead Web Front-End UI Engineer/Interactive Multimedia Designer @ * Accountable for all Web front-end development and UI engineering efforts in order to construct a Web-enabled Terms Life Insurance Acquisition system for Prudential’s customers and strategic partners in the banking industry.
* Configured and coded relevant JSF/JSP templates, including all form validation parameters with client-side validation for all user-input form validations.
* Tested and validated all JSP pages of the Acquisition Modules as required by Prudential’s Business Requirements Documents, focusing on accessibility, usability, section 508, and browsers compatibility.
* Corrected and debugged any defects discovered, and served as the Web team’s Subject Matter Expert on all interactive multimedia development projects, utilizing Flash, Premiere, and AfterEffects throughout the phases of the SDLC. From June 2007 to November 2007 (6 months) Roseland, NJSenior Web Application Developer/Lead UI Engineer @ * Responsible for managing a wide variety of Web projects from concept through completion in support of corporate and marketing initiatives.
* Led all aspects of architecture and design of Web client application portals for new wireless consumer service initiatives, including analyzing business and technical application requirements, architecting and designing solutions around those requirements, and directing the development, test and integration of Web applications, as well as overall application software release management, schedule commitments and evaluating new and emerging technologies.
* Worked closely with the Marketing, Product Development, and Business Development teams as well as partner/vendor software, hardware and integration teams to design and develop Web applications.
* Oversaw the integration with platform API’s, middleware and back-end databases along with managing the content management systems for the external-facing eCommerce sites. From April 2007 to June 2007 (3 months) New York, NYTeam Lead Web Graphic User Interface Developer/User Experiences Designer @ * Managed and led a team of 4 front-end GUI developers to convert several legacy Dept. of Education's external-facing Web applications that were originally constructed in ASP and SQL Server into one consolidated DOE Web portal that is now reconstructed in JSP, within J2EE and Oracle framework.
* Oversaw the full software development life cycle of the presentation tier for all the Web applications, using the latest W3C Recommended Web Coding Standards in JAVA's Struts & Tiles Model View Controllers architecture.
* Served as the liaison between the GUI developers, the requirements team, the back-end JAVA developers, DBAs, and the SQA testers to ensure successful integration of all the SDLC phases.
* Recommended and generated new look and feel enhancements to standardize overall visual aesthetics of all the Web sites for this DOE's Common Services for Borrowers Web portal.
* Developed and designed static GUI prototypes for client review, utilizing Photoshop, Fireworks, CSS and XHTML, then constructed the production codes for the approved prototypes based on the outlined Use Cases and Detailed Design Documents in JSP/J2EE architecture using JAVA's struts & tiles MVC development framework.
* Configured and coded relevant struts configuration XML files, including all form beans, servlet actions, and set form validation parameters with struts validator for all user-input form validations.
* Corrected and debugged any defects discovered, and participated in authoring various detailed design and use cases documents throughout the phases and releases within the SDLC. From February 2004 to March 2007 (3 years 2 months) Germantown, MDFreelance Interactive Multimedia Web Designer @ * Developed a B2C database-driven eCommerce Web site for an independent record label on a freelance basis that strategically promote brand recognition and products through an on-line direct marketing plan.
* Designed relational database tables [SQL Server], integrating SQL coding with Cold Fusion programming, and constructed interactive multimedia user interfaces using Flash 5.0.
* Generated all graphic elements utilizing Photoshop, Fireworks, CSS, and DHTML for easy navigational purposes.
* Session management and Cold Fusion templates were used throughout the site in order to intuitively maintain and construct the visual aesthetics for different dynamic page categories.
* Administered the Web site and monitored web traffics with WebTrends Log Analyzer and produced sales reports for the company.
* Designed monthly advertisement graphics needed for musical magazine advertisement placements. Acted as the liaison to external musical magazine advertising managers. From August 2002 to August 2006 (4 years 1 month) Washington D.C.Team Lead Interactive Web Graphic Interface Designer @ * Performed overall usability analysis of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau (CGB) Web site to determine the relative ease-of-use of the site to ensure that design and information placement is optimized.
* Recommended and executed changes and enhancements to the overall site design that resulted in improved visual appeal and usability.
* Developed and designed an interactive educational sub-site for children on telecommunications issues, utilizing Flash, Photoshop, Fireworks, and Streamline for all relevant Web interface designs.
* Designed new logos for the Interagency Advisory Committee (IAC) and enhanced the visual aesthetics of the IAC Web pages to reflect the new dynamics of the state and local intergovernmental activities of the Commission.
* Developed interactive maps highlighting national outreach activities and constructed a CGB e-bulletin application and database to capture contact names and addresses for future outreach efforts.
* Tested all pages and applications as necessary, focusing on usability testing, acceptance testing, Section 508, and security assurance.
* Optimized and tuned application to improve stability, security, functionality, and corrected any anomalies discovered.
* Performed acceptance testing and re-executed all tests to ensure that all issues discovered in the first round of tests have been addressed and corrected. Acceptance Testing involved FCC staff and stakeholders prior to implementation. From November 2003 to February 2004 (4 months) Washington, D.C.Web Projects Senior Manager/Webmaster @ * Accountable for budgeting, planning, managing, and Web-related product service delivery for the organization.
* Oversaw Web activities, specifically aimed at enterprise level content management system and site administration.
* Assessed institutional needs, developed Web priorities, and implemented best practices methodology.
* Formulated and defined Web site scope and led in the development of specification documents for project plans, then programmed, tested, and modified relational database-driven Web applications.
* Designed Web user interfaces using DHTML and CSS and created fully functional interactive Web sites with user input, Flash animation along with graphic design as well as editing and managing streaming video/audio content.
* Managed and maintained eLearning course authoring software [BlackBoard], and administered validity and reliability of Web architecture / infrastructure technologies.
* Provided overall direction and knowledge to other staff members.
* Collaborated with key personnel in Instruction, Continuing Education, Student Services, and Marketing department, and acted as the liaison to external vendors. From January 2002 to August 2002 (8 months) Frederick, MDTechnology Consultant, Solutions Engineering Division @ * Developed Web Service portals for both internal projects and external clients.
* Supervised and trained other technology analysts within the projects team environment and performed as the Lead User Experiences web portal developer/designer, utilizing JAVA, JSP, XML, and iPlanet's LDAP directory-based server for eServices development.
* Served as the Creative Subject Matter Expert on an eLearning Performance Simulation project, utilizing post production non-linear video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and authored all interactive multimedia CD-Rom and web-DVD products with Director and DVDit.
* Provided technical consulting services to clients in the communications and media and entertainment market. From November 2000 to July 2001 (9 months) Reston, VAInteractive Web Developer/UI Designer @ * Worked closely with the Director of Marketing to conceptualize, plan, and develop database driven web sites, including full life cycle personalized e-commerce applications in Cold Fusion as well as interactive multimedia development using Flash.
* Performed as the Lead Developer in determining programming solutions for external clients based on project objectives, budget, and platform architecture.
* Designed relational database tables, integrating SQL coding with Cold Fusion programming, and created interactive multimedia user interfaces using Flash 4.0 and DHTML menus for both Internal and External clients.
* Evaluated, tested, and proposed latest web technologies to ensure that projects are deploying the most appropriate tools and functionality.
* Administered Windows 2000 Server, Internet Information Server, Access/SQL Server, and Cold Fusion Application Server on a daily basis.
* Trained clients on the administration of their respective interactive web applications as well as advised other designers in Flash development techniques. From July 2000 to November 2000 (5 months) Arlington, VASenior Web Developer/Webmaster @ * Developed, designed, and created strategic solutions and web-based applications for all corporate web development projects, including Internet and Intranet system applications.
* Managed and oversaw a team of developers and multimedia producers for daily operations.
* Evaluated, tested, and determined the development platform structure to construct Web applications for both Internal and External clients, from conceptualization to full-fledge e-commerce site development.
* Built dynamic applications and set up systems for testing and proofing all multimedia streaming solutions and strategically branding the company’s web presence in the webcasting for business-to-business Industry.
* Dynamic web applications were constructed using Cold Fusion Studio 4.5 with Enterprise Server 4.0 for Solaris and Professional Server 4.0 for NT.
* Personalization via cookies and Session Management functionalities were developed using Cold Fusion with Access as RDBMS.
* Front end User Interfaces were developed via Flash 4.0, integrating DHTML and CSS for navigational menus.
* A webcasted eLearning courses were being developed using Cold Fusion as the middleware that include integration of ActiveX Objects, including SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language) embedded into Cold Fusion Templates for the Legal Communities. From December 1999 to July 2000 (8 months) Washington, D.C.Web Administrator/Designer, Division of Engineering Services @ * Developed and administered Internet and Intranet sites for the Division of Engineering Services at National Institutes of Health.
* Created graphics for web sites, updated contents, and ensured easy navigability of sites that enforce web design standards.
* Worked closely with back-end programmers to deploy new technical features and functions requested by clients, including integration between internal databases (SQL server 7 with ASP) and web sites.
* Identified latest Web development technologies to improve the sites and enhance daily operations.
* Evaluated, tested, and proposed COTS product for Enterprise knowledge management applications (LiveLink 8.0). From February 1999 to December 1999 (11 months) Bethesda, MDWeb Interface Designer, Conferences/MIS @ * Designed, coordinated, and managed the overall Web site development process, from implementing new features to ongoing content updates and maintenance.
* Converted printed materials into Web-enabled documents and produced Web sites of varying complexity that promote the society's meetings, expositions, and annual conferences.
* Constructed and designed a dynamic Web-based annual awards nomination processing systems for the society's yearly award nomination program using Cold Fusion 4.0 with Access as RDBMS. From October 1997 to February 1999 (1 year 5 months) Washington, D.C.Electronic Commerce Sales Consultant Intern @ * Marketed the QuickBid Value Added Network services and software to federal trading partners that enabled them to search, compete, and bid government requests for quotation on the Internet.
* Provided consultative financial analysis for various organizations through cost budgeting of different software packages. Performed light accounting duties and assembled daily sales reports. From May 1997 to August 1997 (4 months) Arlington, VA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension