Assistant Professor @ University of Illinois at Chicago
Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dentistry @
Medicinski universitet - Sofia
Dr. Emily Taneva is a Board Certified Orthodontist, also known as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). She has completed her post-doctoral specialty training in orthodontics at the University of Illinois at Chicago, a program known for producing leaders in orthodontics. Dr. Taneva has twelve years of experience (experimental and theoretical) in the fields
Dr. Emily Taneva is a Board Certified Orthodontist, also known as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). She has completed her post-doctoral specialty training in orthodontics at the University of Illinois at Chicago, a program known for producing leaders in orthodontics. Dr. Taneva has twelve years of experience (experimental and theoretical) in the fields of dental education research, occupational hazards in dentistry, biometrics, orthodontics, 3D imaging, and 3D printing. Applications of her work include improvement of the dental teaching environment, student and staff mobility between universities, human verification and identification based on palatal rugae, management of congenitally missing teeth in adolescents, and implementation of the most recent digital technologies in orthodontics.
Dr. Taneva is experienced in early diagnosis and treatment planning; adult treatment; interdisciplinary dentistry; Invisalign; Incognito™ Hidden Braces; temporary anchorage devices (TADs); craniofacial anomalies; orthognathic surgery cases. As part of her clinical training, Dr. Taneva completed Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Oral Sciences. Her thesis project involved a 3D evaluation of the palatal rugae pattern for human identification.
Dr. Taneva professional affiliations, which include the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), and the Chicago Dental Society (CDS), afford her to stay current with the latest advancements in orthodontic treatment planning and technology. Dr. Emily Taneva is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. She is among a small percentage of orthodontists in the US to earn this distinction of recognized excellence in her specialty.
Dr. Taneva is grateful to have the opportunity to help patients achieve a beautiful smile and improve lives through the art and science of orthodontics.
Assistant Professor @ From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Training Manager, Pierre Fabre Oral Care @ - Planned, organized, and directed training activities for the Medical and Sales Representatives, Pharmacists and Dentists;
- Identified training and development needs for employees;
- Presented oral care and hygiene products at seminars organized by the Bulgarian Dental Union throughout the country;
- Created, designed and managed marketing and promotion materials and press files;
- Developed and maintained the corporate website. From February 2009 to August 2011 (2 years 7 months) Associate Dentist @ - Provided comprehensive and continuing dental care.
- Treated interceptive orthodontic cases.
- Established PR and improved practice management. Introduced social media presence.
- Built and developed entirely the website graphic design layout, structure, and content: www.SanOralDental.com From May 2008 to August 2011 (3 years 4 months) President @ - Served as principal official representative of the Association in its relations with governments, dental professional organizations, schools, and companies.
- Directed the work of the Executive Committee. From September 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 2 months) General Secretary @ - Served as a primary liaison between the Executive Committee and General Assembly.
- Coordinated the activities of all standing committees.
- Prepared all official minutes and documents. From September 2007 to September 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics, Master of Science in Oral Sciences @ University of Illinois at Chicago From 2011 to 2014 Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dentistry @ Medicinski universitet - Sofia From 2002 to 2008 Emily MS is skilled in: Graphic Design, Marketing Strategy, Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Customer Presentations, Public Relations, Dentistry, Orthodontics, Aesthetics, Invisalign, Healthcare, Adolescents, Research, Treatment, Clinical Research
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension