Senior Software Engineering Manager @ FactSet Research Systems
Principal Software Engineer @ Lockheed Martin
Director of Software Development @ Thomson Reuters
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) @
American University of Beirut
Accomplished technology leader with several years of experience managing global product development teams and providing effective technical project management. Skilled in all facets of product development life cycle from analysis and design through development, implementation, and product support. Excellent problem solving skills and effective communication of business requirements and complex technical information to diverse audiences. Established track
Accomplished technology leader with several years of experience managing global product development teams and providing effective technical project management. Skilled in all facets of product development life cycle from analysis and design through development, implementation, and product support. Excellent problem solving skills and effective communication of business requirements and complex technical information to diverse audiences. Established track record for creating a fast-paced high energy environment and delivering software solutions with new technologies and scalable architecture.
• Software Development Management
• Technical Project Management
• Product Management
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Market Data Charts
• Data Visualization
• Global Virtual Teams
• Internationalization & Localization
• Agile Methodologies
• Problem Solving Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Planning & Organizing
• Microsoft .NET, WPF
• Microsoft Project, Visio, & Office
• JIRA, Clarity, Sharepoint
Senior Software Engineering Manager @ From December 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaPrincipal Software Engineer @ Providing consulting services for the US Army Logistics Modernization Program. From June 2013 to December 2013 (7 months) Director of Software Development @ Led several global development teams of 3-5 developers in the design, development and implementation of leading edge financial charting components for both the desktop and the web. Analyzed business requirements, provided technical feasibility feedback and possible alternative approaches, and converted business requirements into technical specifications for the developers. Effectively managed technical projects using either the waterfall or Scrum Agile methodologies. Optimized and prioritized limited development resources.
• Drove the number of sold terminals using the Thomson ONE desktop product up to 250,000 by delivering a key advanced charting component (using C++ & COM).
• Improved the sales of the Thomson ONE web platform by delivering a web charting component (using Java and JQuery) and building the next generation web charting product (using HTML 5).
• Improved the sales of the Eikon desktop platform by building and delivering a highly interactive charting product (using .NET/ WPF).
• Improved product sales and customer satisfaction by proposing and specifying innovative market/customer centric features.
• Delivered intuitive user interfaces for charting and data visualization by working closely with the User Interface design teams and providing input that shaped the final designs.
• Ensured optimal response times for data requests by working closely with back end data services teams to define interfaces.
• Facilitated products implementation by specifying clear deployment instructions and working closely with technical operations on troubleshooting production issues.
• Assisted support teams in addressing uncommon product operations questions which Improved customer satisfaction with products.
• Reviewed quality assurance test scripts and provided improvement recommendations. From April 2001 to January 2013 (11 years 10 months) Greater New York City AreaManager of Software Development @ Development Manager – Thomson ONE Mobile (2008 – 2008)
Led a global development team of 4 in building the Thomson ONE Mobile companion product that runs on Blackberry devices and delivers mobile versions of a subset of components offered on the desktop product. Ensured delivery of robust and high quality product by guiding the design and implementation. Created clear and accurate project plans and kept stakeholders informed by performing development task breakdown and communicating estimates. Mitigated risk and eliminated roadblocks by coordinating all interactions with other involved development teams. Minimized deployment issues and delays by working closely with application support on deployment plans.
Development Manager – Next Generation Data Visualization Toolkit (2007 – 2008)
Led a development team of 6 in building a key data visualization toolkit for the Eikon desktop platform using .NET WPF. Drove the success of the proof of concept phase by providing guidance on desired business and technical requirements. Applied scrum agile project management to deliver features in a relatively short time interval.
Technical Project Manager – Asia Localization (2006 –2007)
Improved the sales of the Thomson ONE product in Asia by providing effective technical project management of a large scale company wide effort covering development projects in several front end components and back end services. The project involved general internationalization (i18n) and specific localization of all components for the Japanese market. Ensured compliance with i18n internationalization standands by providing technical guidance on the implementation approach and defining coding standards and the translation process. Coordinated development efforts across components. Closely tracked development progress to ensure adherence to project plan and removal of roadblocks. Ensured delivery of all components on time and per specifications. From April 2001 to June 2008 (7 years 3 months) Greater New York City AreaSoftware Development Team Leader @ • Led a development team of 3 in building an advanced standalone C++/COM based charting application (Magna Charter) that became the foundation of the highly used charting component of Thomson ONE.
• Helped in winning Merrill Lynch as a customer by leading a team of 2 developers in enhancing, customizing, and integrating the ILX workstation into Merrill Lynch’s “Trusted Global Advisor (TGA)” platform.
• Designed and developed in C & C++ several enhancements to the Windows ILX workstation. From November 1994 to April 2001 (6 years 6 months) Greater New York City Area
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension