Data Engineering and Machine Learning Consultant (Remote) @ 6irdview
Bachelor of Business Administration @
City University of New York-Baruch College - Zicklin School of Business
Analytics Engineer @ From 2014 to 2015 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaBusiness Intelligence Analyst @ From December 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 1 month) Greater New York City AreaBusiness Data Analyst @ Pervasive Software (NASDAQ: PVSW) helps companies get the most out of their data investments through embeddable data management, agile data integration software
Analytics Engineer @ From 2014 to 2015 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaBusiness Intelligence Analyst @ From December 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 1 month) Greater New York City AreaBusiness Data Analyst @ Pervasive Software (NASDAQ: PVSW) helps companies get the most out of their data investments through embeddable data management, agile data integration software and by enabling revolutionary next generation analytics. Pervasive Software specializes in Database, Data Integration, On-demand Data Services and Multi-core Enabled Application Development
Business Data Analyst
- Developed a complete business intelligence solution for Pervasive’s call data that include an ETL process, a data mart, SSAS cube and SSRS/Excel reports. Is responsible for the continuous support and maintenance of Pervasive’s CRM and BI systems.
- Create and manage ETL processes to integrate multiple platforms, including ETL jobs that integrate Salesforce with a SQL Server databases; Salesforce with Zuora (SaaS) and Zuora with a SQL Server.
- Work with business users, application developers and production teams across functional units to identify business data requirements and implement solutions. Also conduct quality assurance and testing of existing ETL jobs, data marts, reports and applications.
- Plan, design and implement stored procedures, views and SQL jobs to generate on-demand reports and to perform mass data operations. Further, build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Serve as a Salesforce Administrator, frequently dealing with business users to gather requirements and translate them into Salesforce dashboards, reports and features. From May 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 4 months) Austin, Texas AreaProduction Support Engineer @ On Deck Capital, a privately-held venture-backed company, based in New York City, provides small business loan financing and financial services. It offers short term business loans, such as dental and restaurant loans, and medical and restaurant financing; and working capital financing, including retail capital, loans for chiropractors, and grocery store loans. On Deck uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small businesses and to efficiently deliver capital to small businesses.
Production Support Engineer
- Served as the first responder on all platform issues and batch job failures, to ensure the smooth execution of applications and timely processing of the jobs and associated inbound/outbound data feeds.
- Responsible for the continuous enhancement and maintenance of an enterprise data warehouse by developing SQL Server maintenance plans, ETL jobs and reports.
- Frequently interfaced with business users to prepare and analyze business requirements; generate on-demand Excel and SQL reports; create advanced SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate and maintain production data quality.
- Experienced working in an agile environment as a QA Engineer, developing and executing test cases, capturing user stories and defects as well as automating test cases. From March 2010 to April 2011 (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaOGX - Salaam @ AIESEC is a global youth organization that develops leadership capabilities through their internal leadership programs and engaging students and graduates in international student exchange and internship programs for profit and non-profit organizations.
As a member of the Outgoing exchange team in AIESEC Baruch, I helped students find suitable internships abroad. From September 2008 to July 2009 (11 months) Business Analyst Intern @ Founded in 2003, Vastardis Capital Services is an independent fund administration firm serving institutional investors and alternative investment managers. It provides full-service, outsourced investment administration, portfolio accounting and performance measurement services. It is a global organization with offices in New York City, Toronto and Singapore administering over USD 25 billion of net assets.
Business Analyst Intern
Worked in the back office operations of the company as Business Analyst Intern. Responsibilities included software testing; business analysis and requirement documentation and generating project plans. Also was responsible for creating views, stored procedures and SQL scripts to test portfolio performance reports. From June 2008 to January 2009 (8 months)
Master of Science (M.S.), Data Science @ Columbia University in the City of New York From 2014 to 2016 Bachelor of Business Administration, Computer Information Systems @ City University of New York-Baruch College - Zicklin School of Business From 2007 to 2009 Associates Degree, Business Information Systems @ Addis Ababa University From 2000 to 2002 Elias Hussen is skilled in: SQL, Python, Business Intelligence, ETL, Data Science, hadoop, Data Integration, Apache Pig, Oracle, SQL Server, Agile Methodologies, Data Modeling, R, PL/SQL, Salesforce.com, Advanced SQL, Talend Open Studio, Hive, Data Warehousing, Hadoop
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension