Director of Engineering, Cloud Delivery Automation @
Senior Software Development Manager, Cloud Delivery Automation @
Software development and Dev-Ops Leader with an extraordinary record of success in people and technical management, service development and delivery, software architecture and CI/CD. Highly successful in creating vision, identifying opportunities and effectively directing all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC). Core competencies include: Effective people management, architecture and Design solutions, Process and productivity improvements,
Software development and Dev-Ops Leader with an extraordinary record of success in people and technical management, service development and delivery, software architecture and CI/CD. Highly successful in creating vision, identifying opportunities and effectively directing all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC). Core competencies include: Effective people management, architecture and Design solutions, Process and productivity improvements, Technology and software quality Strategy, Direction and Road Map, Technical Team Building and leadership, Conflict resolution and Cost Reduction and Efficiency
Senior Software Development Manager @ - Drive 33% Increase of Service Provider adoption of vCloudAir hybrid cloud.
- Lead the design and development of an elegant, CI/CD framework based on container technology (Docker), working closely with Mesos, Marathon and Console.
- Lead multiple scrum teams and manage the SDLC of two vCloudAir services including design, implementation and continues delivery.
- Slashed 15% of operational costs, identify and automate Operation pains and challenges.
- Own, Lead and orchestrate SRE and Dev-Ops activities to meet a 99.9% uptime SLA for vCloudAir
- Define scalable web architecture, utilizing patterns such as messaging broker ,ReST and technologies such as ROR, J2EE etc.
- Address customer escalations, evaluate and mitigate problems in a highly distributed environment, while maintaining a service triple 9 SLA.
- Partner and cooperate with stakeholders to help transform the vCA engineering culture from product-release driven to a service-CI/CD.
- Lead by example and technical leadership of local and offshore software teams to coherently deliver valuable deliveries in an Agile/CD environment on time and in quality.
- Hire, manage and retain talent. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Senior Engineering manager @ - Design, developed and maintain Big data solutions over Hadoop and EMR.
- Increase business alignment by turning the Socialcast App to a VMWare Workspace social platform.
- Drive the definition of a plug-in based architecture social platform across the Horizon portfolio.
- Lead the development of cloud migration solutions to support easy migration to VMWare vCloudAir.
- Service mobility - Implement an IOS app to track and play audio notifications on platform infrastructure changes. From January 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 10 months) Sr R&D Manager @ - Lead the development of HP CDA's first Commercial release, an innovative HP brand continues delivery platform.
- Close and effective people management of 10 engineers.
- Drive and improve agile development processes.
- Design and development of a flexible application and infrastructure modeling system which supports version and configuration control.
- Partner with other stakeholders to provide an effective business value proposition and executive buy-in. From April 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 10 months) Platform Section Manager @ - Direct the ITSM Engineering team, hired mentor and managed 35 people.
- Effective second level managers mentoring and career development.
- Proactively identify customer's pains and define technical agenda to effectively address them.
- Partner with product, QA and PSO to manage and orchestrate three major ITSM releases and multiple minor releases.
- Build up a local engineering support tier to handle and manage customers escalation and ease customer pains.
- Managed vendor selection and contract negotiations.
- Build and mentor a strong and competent off-shore engineering team. From February 2010 to March 2011 (1 year 2 months) R&D Manager @ - Design and develop the SiteScope SAP monitors using J2EE, spring while utilizing WEB API over HTTP/S
- Slashed engineering costs by 25% across the engineering organization and increase productivity.
- Design and develop an infrastructure framework to increase the usage of reusable code and streamline development processes.
- Design and develop Test suite that help streamline and standardize QA procedures and practices. From January 2007 to February 2010 (3 years 2 months) Sr Java/J2EE Developer @ From May 2005 to January 2007 (1 year 9 months) Java/J2EE Developer @ From January 2003 to May 2005 (2 years 5 months) Java/J2EE Developer and system implementor @ From March 2001 to January 2003 (1 year 11 months)
Certificate, ITIL Certificate @ InterBit From 2010 to 2010 B.SC, Computer Science @ Ben Gurion University From 1999 to 2002 Eitan Doron is skilled in: Cloud Computing, J2EE Application Development, Java, Flash, Scrum, Agile Methodologies, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Software Design, Software Development, Enterprise Software, Java Enterprise Edition, Software Project Management, SaaS, Architecture
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension