Highly experienced technology sales professional with a proven track record in account management, territory management, running successful sales campaigns, strategic relationship building, and exceeding sales goals for SMB, mid-size commercial and Fortune 1,000 businesses. Demonstrated success in both channel and direct sales, within storage, server, and networking industries. Proficient in sales presentations, developing client relationships, and building
Highly experienced technology sales professional with a proven track record in account management, territory management, running successful sales campaigns, strategic relationship building, and exceeding sales goals for SMB, mid-size commercial and Fortune 1,000 businesses. Demonstrated success in both channel and direct sales, within storage, server, and networking industries. Proficient in sales presentations, developing client relationships, and building rapport with customers at all levels of the enterprise.
Account Executive @ Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, SoftNet Solutions specializes in enterprise solutions for Big Data technologies, high performance computing, and storage. We are focused on providing effective IT solutions customized for your business needs, enabling us to apply a collaborative approach to understanding and actualizing your business goals. SoftNet is a Hewlett-Packard Elite Channel Partner, revered as one of the top "Value-Added Resellers" in California, and a leading Bay Area VAR with a vast global presence. We deliver strategic solutions to improve end-user productivity, enhance security, and gain an industry-wide competitive edge, while providing you with peace of mind from expert IT support you can depend on. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Sunnyvale, CATerritory Sales Manager @ * Responsible for the sale of all enterprise servers, storage, and networking products in SF bay area.
* Developed and implemented sales strategies for the territory and for penetrating targeted accounts.
* Finished FY2010 at 153% of goal ($10M on a quota of $6.5M).
* Worked closely with HP's channel partners to achieve sales objectives and marketing objectives.
* Closed new opportunities at Linkedin, Cypress Semiconductor, ARM, Axcient, Blue Coat, Vocera, Monolithic Power Systems, and Agilone. From December 2008 to March 2013 (4 years 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaNorthern California Territory Manager @ * Sold Lefthand SAN products in Northern California.
* Personally closed new opportunities with Grocery Outlet, Equinix, Mindjet, Stanford University, Foster Farms, Vmware, Oak Hill Capital, and eSignal.
* Recruited new channel partners, prospected for new accounts, and managed the var partnership.
* Contacted new and existing customers to discuss how their needs could be met through specific products and services. From August 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 5 months) Northern CaliforniaPacific NorthWest Territory Manager @ Responsible for the sales of IP SAN appliance products into the Pacific Northwest Territory. From June 2005 to April 2007 (1 year 11 months) San Mateo, CANorthern California Territory Manager @ Responsible for the sale of Infoblox products in the Northern California Territory. Introduced Infoblox technology and closed deals with National Semiconductor, PeopleSoft, Network General, Foundry Networks, and the University of California at Berkeley. From May 2004 to June 2005 (1 year 2 months) Western Area Sales Manager @ Hired as the second territory manager for Intransa. Responsible for the sale of Intransa SAN products directly to end-user customers and through channel partners. From April 2003 to December 2003 (9 months) San Jose, CASales Representative @ * Grew territory from $700K to $3.4M (485%) and closed 20 new accounts in my first year.
* Sponsored and presented technology plans, roadmap discussions, and executive briefings.
* In my second year grew sales from $3.4M to $13.3M an increase of 391%.
* Closed 40 new accounts in second year of sales. Finished the year at 289% of goal ($13M against a quota of $4.5M).
* Finished FY2000 as one of the top three sales reps. world wide. From January 1998 to March 2003 (5 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaChannel Sales Representative/Inside Sales Manager/Inside Sales Representative @ Started off as an inside sales representative. Later on I was promoted to manager of Inside Sales. After managing the inside sales group for three years I moved to field sales as a Channel Sales Rep. For four years, as a channel sales rep., I was responsible for managing the relationship with Sun Channel partners, making sure channel partners were trained on Sun products, getting their mind share to sell Sun, hitting their quotas, and working with the channel sales reps. to close deals with enterprise accounts. Sunrise presidents club winner 8 times out of 8 years. From April 1987 to December 1997 (10 years 9 months) Mountain View, CA
BS, Finance @ California State University-ChicoAssociate of Arts (AA), Business Administration and Management, General @ West Valley College Ed Vaughan is skilled in: Solution Selling, Channel, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, SaaS, Storage, Sales, Direct Sales, Unified Communications, Account Management, CRM, Sales Operations, Selling, Sales Presentations, Channel Sales, Networking, HP, Professional Services, Managed Services, Sales Enablement, Partner Management, Business Alliances, Salesforce.com, Sales Process, Sales Management, Data Center, SAN, Software Industry, Go-to-market Strategy, Pre-sales, VMware, Storage Solutions, Demand Generation, Storage Virtualization, Virtualization, Storage Area Networks, Strategic Partnerships, Enterprise Storage, Resellers, NAS, Channel Partners, Strategy, Management, Lead Generation, Business Development, Marketing, Servers
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension