Staffing and Development Manager | GE Capital Corporate Finance | Talent | Best Practices @
Vice President Human Resources | Integrations | M&A | Reorganizations @
HR Leader, Power Sports Financing | GE Consumer Finance | Integration | Best Practices | Growth @
Pace University - Lubin School of Business
Strategic, collaborative and accomplished business partner and Human Resources Leader who is a trusted advisor and thought partner to executive management teams. I leverage my experience across multiple industries, large and small businesses and best practices environments to deliver impactful results for the business. Proven success in driving performance, employee engagement, retention and talent management strategies. Using
Strategic, collaborative and accomplished business partner and Human Resources Leader who is a trusted advisor and thought partner to executive management teams. I leverage my experience across multiple industries, large and small businesses and best practices environments to deliver impactful results for the business. Proven success in driving performance, employee engagement, retention and talent management strategies. Using strong project management, have navigated business through transformation and change management, acquisitions and integration, and creation of highly effective recruiting processes and teams. Substantial experience in driving corporate initiatives in compensation, benefits, learning and development. Skilled with talent assessment and development, succession planning, organization design and executive coaching develop effective leaders and high performing teams. Confident, strategic, analytical, pragmatic, and effective communicator, motivator, people leader and coach.
Skills and capabilities in:
Strategic HR Management | Employee Relations | Talent Assessment | Talent Management | Talent Acquisition | Key Talent | Organizational Design | Succession Planning | Mergers and Acquisitions M&A | Due Diligences and Integrations | Executive Coaching | Senior Leadership Team | Large Team Leadership | Change Management | 6 Sigma | Performance Management | Compensation Programs | Risk Management | Metrics Development | Change Initiatives | Restructuring | Transformation | People Strategies | Matrix | COE | Global | Best Practices | Influencing and Negotiation | Union Avoidance
Sectors Worked In or Supported:
Financial Services | Insurance | Commercial Lending | Structured Finance | Information Services | Technology | Dot-Com | Professional Services | Legal | Marketing | Sales | Consumer Lending | Consumer Products
Email: [email protected]
Vice President Human Resources @ • Hired as co-head of HR leading 55 business partners and generalists globally delivering employee relations, organizational design, performance management, succession planning, compensation planning, labor relations and employee communications.
• Orchestrated HR integration plan for a major acquisition with 2,700 employees globally.
• Oversaw HR actions related to company exit from China market. Personally handled notifications in Hong Kong and Singapore related to closing the regional HQ. Worked with law firm to ensure legal compliance.
Global | Change Management | Communications | Performance Management | Restructuring | Integration | Project Management | Cost Savings From July 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Vice President Human Resources @ • Head of HR for Lawyers.com, a consumer oriented business unit that provides online marketing services for law firms and legal information for consumers.
• Asked to join leadership team as part of high profile, long-term turnaround effort for the business. Led several restructurings including an initial large action to align cost to expected revenue stream and strategy. Sourced and attracted talent for key leadership roles. Sales overall in 2012 increased 16% year-over-year, net promoter scores up significantly, turnover 5%. Worked with leadership to drive culture change to more innovative, collaborative, open environment and to create a more performance driven culture.
• Realigned London-based business to report directly in to US office. Orchestrated Finance, Operations, HR and Sales in the US and UK to achieve successful integration and a unified business unit.
• Prepared the business for a separation from LexisNexis as a nearly standalone unit to effect a divestiture and strategic sale of the business which was completed October 2013.
Change Management | Talent Assessment | Performance Management | Talent Upgrade | Culture Change | Divestiture | Retention | Turnaround | Employee Relations | Talent Development | Cost Savings | Restructuring From October 2011 to July 2013 (1 year 10 months) Vice President Human Resources @ • Hired as member of global senior HR leadership team. Head of HR for national sales organization, software business units, global Marketing and Finance.
• Developed a revised staffing strategy that included hiring dedicated recruiters, a new process map, and management by metrics to support significant staffing volume. Result was significant lower cost, faster fill-times and improved quality of hire, saving the business over $6M. Strategy enabled HRBPs to focus on core support and coaching client leadership through a major change management initiative.
• Supported multi-year transformation from product to solution selling model through tight project management. Led the HR team in defining new competencies, career paths, structure and compensation incentive plans which ensured success and business performance.
• Supported deployment of new business strategy through leadership coaching and development of new organizational design and restructures as well as recruitment of new leadership which enabled the new strategy to come to life. Led organization restructuring plans. Provided thought-partnership on business culture change which strengthened employee engagement and ensured low turnover.
• Addressed succession gaps by strengthening talent management through annual talent assessment process deeper into the business, resulting in improved talent assessments and development plans.. Result was retention of top talent while driving desirable turnover to 75% of total.
Change Management | Project Management | Thought Partner | Talent Assessment | Succession Planning | Performance Management | Recruiting | Process Improvement | Metrics | Global | Talent Upgrade | Executive Coaching | Employee Relations | Restructuring | Culture Change | Organization Design | Compensation Planning | Talent Development | Risk Management | Global | Leadership | Employee Engagement | Multi Site From March 2006 to October 2011 (5 years 8 months) Senior Manager, Human Resources @ • Promoted to head of HR for a strategic acquisition of the consumer credit business.
• Partnered with business leadership to assess management team and achieve talent upgrade.
• Achieved successful integration including roll-out of GE HR programs, compensation and best practices, completing 95% of all integration actions within first year.
• Delivered a positive leadership training program and identified key talent for learning and development programs. Coached leadership which improved employee relations, engagement and improved business performance.
• Developed staffing strategy in partnership with head of the lending business to support high growth agenda.
Integration | Project Management | Thought Partner | Talent Assessment | Succession Planning | Performance Management | Recruiting | Process Improvement | Talent Upgrade | Executive Coaching | Employee Relations | Union Awareness | Restructuring | Culture Change | Organization Design | Compensation Planning | Talent Development | Risk Management | Best Practices | Employee Engagement | Multi Site | Leadership From 2003 to 2007 (4 years) Vice President, Human Resources @ • Enabled growth of the Energy and Telecom financing units as HR partner.
• HR leader for the acquisition of ABB Structured Finance, a 2,700 employee global business of ABB. This included due-diligence, negotiations, and development of integration plan.
• Partnered with head of Telecom business following the sector’s downturn to restructure and align staff from deal-structuring to portfolio management to ensure strong risk management against losses.
• Developed action plan in response to low employee satisfaction scores and achieved a 17% average score increase. Selected to deliver a best practice presentation at GE Crotonville on the value and design of frequent pulse surveys to guide actions for improving employee engagement.
Thought Partner | Talent Assessment | Succession Planning | Performance Management | Recruiting | Change Management | Project Management | Metrics | Global | Executive Coaching | Employee Relations | Restructuring | Growth | Organization Design | Compensation Planning | Talent Development | Risk Management From 1999 to 2003 (4 years) Finance Staffing and Development Manager @ Strengthened succession planning and talent development through staffing key finance roles across 12 GE Capital businesses. My focus was high-potential talent – assessment of strengths and skills gaps. Advised CFOs and internal candidates on next best assignments. Result was a strong talent agenda, development of leadership pipeline and succession plan as well as faster, improved staffing of open roles. Partnered with Controller of GE Capital to identify and attract partner track technical accountants from Big 4 firms into a “technical advisory group”. Benefits included creation of a COE of FASB/GAAP experts providing advice to BU’s to optimize structuring of transactions which drove improved bottom line results.
Talent Assessment | Succession Planning | Recruiting | Performance Management | Thought Partner | Metrics | Global | Employee Relations | Growth | Organization Design | Compensation Planning | Talent Development | Risk Management From 1996 to 1999 (3 years) HR Manager @ HR business partner for the New York Tax Practice. Identified high turnover in various staff levels and practice areas and created a standardized post-termination exit interview process that achieved improved feedback on turnover drivers. Benefits included improved improvement feedback and improved retention strategy. Program achieved national recognition as best practice and became a model for broader US implementation. Also developed a compensation planning system in partnership with an outside consultant to automate analytics. From February 1994 to November 1996 (2 years 10 months)
Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration and Management, General @ Fairfield UniversityHuman Resources @ Pace University - Lubin School of Business Ed Spruck is skilled in: Human Resources, Talent Management, Succession Planning, Organizational Design, Executive Coaching, Leadership, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Assessment & Management, Recruiting, Mergers & Acquisitions, Restructuring, Change Implementation, Strategy, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension