I am a seasoned professional with experience providing technical solutions that consistently deliver on customer expectations. I listen and communicate effectively across all levels of technical expertise, including high-level executives and engineering staff. My ability to transfer technical knowledge in easy to understand verbal and written communication has earned me high praise from customers and colleagues. I
I am a seasoned professional with experience providing technical solutions that consistently deliver on customer expectations. I listen and communicate effectively across all levels of technical expertise, including high-level executives and engineering staff. My ability to transfer technical knowledge in easy to understand verbal and written communication has earned me high praise from customers and colleagues. I am skilled in building, monitoring, and delivering high impact, cutting-edge open source and proprietary technology solutions.
DevOps Engineer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Senior Systems Engineer @ •Build and configure multi-terabyte Linux storage servers across various technologies including iSCSI and direct-attached storage systems. Work with file systems includes: Ext3, Ext4, and XFS.
•Write scripts in bash to automate repetitive system tasks, including a custom script to automate the movement of terabytes of data from localized Linux storage servers to a remote Gluster storage cluster for archiving purposes on a regular basis.
•Write Puppet classes for system automation and configuration management and compliance.
•Maintain and apply system updates utilizing Linux-based package management tools including YUM, YaST, and Aptitude.
•Configure and maintain backups of internal and customer data to Amazon S3 using custom scripts and third-party tools.
•Configure SNMP services to effectively monitor Linux servers through a predominantly Windows-based monitoring solution.
•Build and manage virtualized infrastructures running KVM/QEMU and VMware vSphere.
•Manage and maintain servers running NFS in customer infrastructures.
•Implemented Dell MD3200i series storage systems to expand customer storage infrastructures. Expanded EMC VNxe 3100 appliance with additional storage enclosures and reconfiguring system partitions.
•Implemented Samba with ACL’s to integrate into Windows environments.
•Regularly provide specialized auditing and compliance of high impact systems with strict security requirements. Identify and document discrepancies occurring outside of normal operation.
•Built and oversee internal Linux-based wiki server running Confluence, which greatly improved the accessibility and readability of all external customer documentation and processes.
•Rebuilt a customer-inherited Cisco infrastructure from the ground up to provide various network services that span across a 90,000 sq. ft. facility.
•Collaborate with senior systems engineering team to analyze and improve internal processes and workflows. From November 2010 to August 2015 (4 years 10 months) Systems Engineer @ • Managed several Internet-facing applications hosted on Linux servers in customer infrastructures. Responsible for regularly upgrading applications while minimizing downtime.
• Extensive experience working with Dell and HP hardware, replacing failed components on production systems. Proactively consulted with site contacts regarding infrastructure improvements to increase the availability of systems and to decrease potential loss of user productivity due to system failure.
• Implemented unified solutions to seamlessly integrate customer infrastructures through the use of single-sign on services between Windows and Linux servers using Active Directory.
• Implemented and maintained Microsoft Exchange mail servers at customer sites.
• Managed all aspects of backups for customers including regular review of backups, performing test restores, and backup tape delivery and pickup.
• Implemented an array of Cisco-based products into customer environments including: firewalls, switches, routers, wireless access points and complete phone systems.
• Provided end-user support to customers on a regular basis. From November 2007 to November 2010 (3 years 1 month) IT Technician @ • Authored documentation for several network processes and installation procedures.
• Played key role in development of new end-user Service Level Agreement (SLA) policy, leading to a significant enhancement to user response times.
• Instrumental in migration of workstations to Windows Software Updates Services. From August 2006 to January 2007 (6 months) Technical Demonstration Development Co-op @ • Played key role in the setup of presentation rooms for demonstration events, and facilitated installations of VMware Workstation at remote sites.
• Spearheaded configuration of and provided support to team members for high-end workstations utilized for product demonstrations. From December 2005 to May 2006 (6 months)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer Network and Information Systems @ Wentworth Institute of Technology From 2003 to 2007 Earl Chery is skilled in: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Servers, Puppet, Docker, Automation, VMware, Nagios, Troubleshooting, Firewalls, Virtualization, Storage, Linux Server, Network Architecture, Linux System Administration
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension