Vice President Of New Business Development @ Nartron
Mechanical Engineering @
My professional career has had me living and working in three different countries and spanned over 13 years. Beginning in 1995 in Toronto, Canada, I worked at a supplier of automotive interiors before moving to Michigan, USA in 1996 to work for Chrysler Corporation. Ten years later my family and I moved to Sindelfingen, Germany for an
My professional career has had me living and working in three different countries and spanned over 13 years. Beginning in 1995 in Toronto, Canada, I worked at a supplier of automotive interiors before moving to Michigan, USA in 1996 to work for Chrysler Corporation. Ten years later my family and I moved to Sindelfingen, Germany for an assignment at Mercedes Car Group and finally returned to Michigan in 2007.
In addition to my OEM automotive career, from 2000 to 2003 I started, owned and operated ‘SpeedTech,’ a specialty automotive performance shop specializing in the design and custom fabrication of roll cages, engine building and various other vehicle performance upgrades.
With 13 years of engineering management experience complemented with a MBA, my desire is to lead teams of passionate people through the development of products or services that:
- add value for all stakeholders
- are robustly engineered and innovative
- have environmentally friendly lifecycles
Director of Sales and Program Management @ Global Director of Sales and Program Management for all US based automakers. From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) Director of Sales and Program Management @ Director of Sales and Program Management. Servicing a major global customer account. From October 2012 to Present (3 years 3 months) Customer Service Manager @ • Complete profit and loss responsibility for major automotive OEM account.
• Develop and implement strategy to secure future revenue streams.
• Manage resources in a matrix organization to ensure profitable growth. From June 2011 to Present (4 years 7 months) Vehicle Synthesis (Integration) Supervisor @ Automotive engineering management. Developing balanced fuel economy, NVH and performance metrics for future (2013) vehicles. From January 1995 to December 2008 (14 years) Manager - Development Planning @ Expatriate position located at Mercedes-Benz Passenger Car Engineering in Sindelfingen, Germany. From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) President and CEO @ Incorporated and managed a small business dedicated to custom engine building, roll cage fabrication, suspension modification, brake upgrades and tuning of fuel-injected high technology sports cars and race vehicles. Responsible for all aspects of business management including customer relations and marketing activities; state and federal corporate reporting; accounting, parts sourcing, service outsourcing and contract negotiation; development of design proposals, pricing, and implementation; and general business operation. From June 2001 to June 2004 (3 years 1 month) Project Engineer @ Complete program responsibility as a second tier supplier for injection molded and painted automotive interior components. Responsible for maintaining program budget and timeline, part design, product validation testing, prototype & production tool sourcing and production launch. From January 1995 to March 1996 (1 year 3 months)
MBA Class 2011, Masters of Business Administration @ Michigan State University - The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management From 2009 to 2011 Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering @ Queen's University From 1991 to 1994 E. Seppala is skilled in: FMEA, Vehicles, Six Sigma, Automobile, DFMEA, Automotive, Root Cause Analysis, PPAP, GD&T, Manufacturing, DFSS, Voice of the Customer, Process Engineering, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Engineering Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension