Creating custom frameworks as requested by clients. Take in consumer requirements, create various use-case and functional-diagrams, prototype design and mock functionality, ensure customer satisfaction - alter functional/design requirements as necessary. Begin creating core foundation library, testing, continue creating modules / integrating open source libraries, more testing, client's perspective of progress thus far, finalize libraries, factory testing, client
Creating custom frameworks as requested by clients. Take in consumer requirements, create various use-case and functional-diagrams, prototype design and mock functionality, ensure customer satisfaction - alter functional/design requirements as necessary. Begin creating core foundation library, testing, continue creating modules / integrating open source libraries, more testing, client's perspective of progress thus far, finalize libraries, factory testing, client feedback, beta test, progress charts, actual use-case stats, make changes, relaunch beta (gamma testing), launch product, deliver requirements.
My goals are to ultimately work somewhere I can manage and lead a team for creating a new product from start to finish.
Specialties: Android apps, Arduino devices, building frameworks / modifying core of existing frameworks to meet requirements.
Released open source libraries for Android, Arduino.
Released my own custom frameworks in PHP, JS/AJAX, Python
Integration of PHP, AJAX, Flash/AS3 and/or JSP/servlets.
Cloud integration with Android apps.
Android Engineer @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) San Jose, CaliforniaSenior Android Developer @ -Responsible for designing and implementing various components to meet the new architecture standards.
-Maintained and worked on the 4 versions of the library to support the various Android fragmentations.
-Upgraded in-house app to latest and greatest Android practices for demonstrating all components of the library to prospective clients; this was also a basis app for other engineers to follow when implementing our features.
-Custom UI fixes, tweaks, optimizations, determining bottlenecks for slow loading, user experience and app flow, developed for swappable modules from different layers. From January 2014 to July 2014 (7 months) Toronto, Canada AreaAndroid Team Lead @ - Refactoring current code to better non-deprecated Android standards with a modular,
decoupled architecture to move the system towards a better cohesive app flow.
- Leading and coordinating with other teams in their respective environments (android, ios,
server-side) for client integration, server behaviour, and overall system flow.
- Exporting to BlackBerry 10 and optimize differences between BB10 devices and Androids of
various screen sizes and resolutions from same code base. From February 2013 to December 2013 (11 months) Toronto, Canada AreaAgile Engineer @ - Create custom Android frameworks for application requirements, with views and controllers,
backend handlers, service apis, alarms, notifications, input methods, async threads and others.
- Created SDK service for communicating with Bluetooth device; accepts app client bindings to
send events originated from BT device. UI optimizations, error handling, unit testing and others.
- Released a quick open source Android Bluetooth library that needs a thorough makeover when it's out of the backburner, github.com/xtremelabs/xl-droidtooth-android.
- Scripts for deploying builds to multiple Android devices simultaneously, following the order of a queue.
- Long late night client meetings due to their resources being in Asia.
- Travelled a month in Asia to interface a custom Bluetooth hardware with the Android app.
Some of my job responsibilities include:
• Extended systems development in PHP on custom framework and Drupal 6
o Backend architecture design & implementation
o Database connectivity and security
o Front end UI and applications
o Custom Python plugins integrated with PHP
• Database optimization
o Determine bottlenecks
o Create additional indexing keys and optimize engine’s clock algorithm
o Optimize front-end AJAX requests for faster back-end replies
• Server administrator
o Configure network and servers through secure connections, tunnelling as applicable
o Install and manage Trac & SVN
• QA: Testing and documentation
o Class and structure documentation
o Factory testing
o Use case testing
o Testing graphs outlining success-to-fail ratio From January 2007 to February 2011 (4 years 2 months) Senior Developer @ • Maintained and extended in-house MVC PHP system running on CodeIgniter
• Create apps numerous interacting with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and blogs
• Modified Wordpress for custom form and page handling
o Modified numerous open source plugins to handle custom functionalities
• PHP and MySQL interaction, CSS, X/HTML, and XML/RSS parsers
• Developed Flash AS3 applications, standalone as well as integrated with Facebook
• Site installations and migrations From March 2010 to July 2010 (5 months) Developer @ • Developed applications on Visual C# .NET 2.0 & 3.5
• Live-video streaming and other applications on Flash/Actionscript 2 & 3
• ePresence integration with Blackboard (course management system in JSP)
• Various documentations for general help, manual for new ‘nux installations, step-by-step pages for setting up servers and media workstations
• Installed, configured, and demonstrated media workstations to numerous clients From September 2007 to March 2009 (1 year 7 months) Junior Application Developer @ • Created a dynamic PHP web calendar to be used by staff and students
• Worked simultaneously in a secondary project in JSP
• Programmed in JS, XHTML, PHP, Java & JSP – using Jakarta’s Turbine framework
• Handled concurrent transactions through MySQL and Oracle databases From May 2006 to September 2006 (5 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension