GENERAL MANAGER- HUMAN RESOURCES/CHRO FOR EUROPE, RUSSIA, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA @ The Himalaya Drug Company
Chief People Officer @ Allied Blenders & Distillers Pvt Ltd
Country HR Director @ Alstom India
Fellow Certified Practitioner Human Resources (FCPHR), Strategic Human Resources Management @
Australian HR Institute
Career objective: To add value to Business by creatively & strategically integrating HR processes with Core Business processes with focus on improving the Key Business Results.
Senior Human Resources Leader with 18+ years of comprehensive & hands on Human Capital Management experience with proven track record of achieving Business results through effective Business partnering in Talent Management,
Career objective: To add value to Business by creatively & strategically integrating HR processes with Core Business processes with focus on improving the Key Business Results.
Senior Human Resources Leader with 18+ years of comprehensive & hands on Human Capital Management experience with proven track record of achieving Business results through effective Business partnering in Talent Management, Performance Management, Organization capability building, Employee Relations & Management, Employee Engagement & Communication, Talent acquisition & Management, Innovation, Change Management & Organization development.
Seasoned experience in collaborating with Internal customers and Business Managers in driving Business HR agenda to further support Business goals.
Implemented Customized Human Resource services while working in different business sectors & work environment including Manufacturing, Project Management, FMCG & Engineering India MNC, Fortune 500 companies like PepsiCo, Philips, Indorama Jakarta, Alstom & Hindalco with a large no. of exempt/non exempt employees. Had experience as an Expat , responsible for Group HR for business operations in 10 countries for PT Indorama Synthetics based out of Jakarta.
Proven track record of adopting and adapting quickly to the Organization culture and impact the Business goals through strengthening the Business HR strategy.
• Strategic Business HR Partnership
• Mission & Vision design & deployment
• Business HR Policies and Strategies
• Organization Development & Effectiveness-Culture Building, Change Management,
• Talent acquisition and Management-Staffing, Career Management, Talent Development
• Compensation & Benefits Management & Administration
• Coaching & Mentoring – Leadership Development
• People Processes Maturity – Performance Management,
• Organization Capability Building
• Employee & Industrial Relations & Management
• Employee Engagement & Communication
• General Administration
GENERAL MANAGER- HUMAN RESOURCES/HEAD-HR FOR RUSSIA, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA @ Leading the Business transformation and growth agenda for The Himalaya Drug Company for the Russia, Middle East and Africa region by integrating People strategy and critical success factors with Business imperatives with high focus on Talent Management, Engagement, development and retention, Sustainable Growth driven culture building articulated on Values, Performance, Thought & Innovation leadership by enabling living the vision & values of Organisation in letter & Spirit From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Chief People Officer @ Led Business growth through driving Integrated Corporate & Strategic HR interventions for ABD India and build the HR organisation from scratch, India's 3rd Largest Spirits Company with over USD 1000 million turnover, 650+ employees spread across entire India geography
At ABD, people has made us one of India's fastest growing spirits company. With a 25+ % CAGR in sales in the last six years, it is poised to take a quantum leap in the spirits industry. With an expanding portfolio ABD are projected to continue on the growth momentum and have achieved staggering sale of more than 32 million cases in 2014-15 committed to sustain the growth agenda by leveraging integrated People management & development strategy and realise the ABD People vision "To be most admired Employer"
ABD has recently won Best Talent Management Practices and Learning Organisation by Learning & OD rountable in 2014 & 2013 . It also wonAsia's Best Employer Brand Awards for Best Talent Management Practices and Best HR Strategy in Line with Business announced in July 2011 at Suntec, Singapore and amongst "09 finalist in Best Learning Organisation of Asia announced by India Round Table presided by Dr T V Rao and other Top HR leaders from Industry/various corporate".
Our Company's website www.abdindia.com
Our Vision is:
“To be the most admired spirits company”
Our values are the very foundation on which we have built our corporate culture.
Constantly innovating and being different
Excellence in execution
Professional and personal integrity
Proud of what we do
The above is realised through ABD HR/People Vision
ABD HR VISION
HR is a Strategic Partner & Enabler of Business Sustainable Growth by Achievement of Business objectives through:
Attracting, Nurturing, Developing & Retaining Talents;
Institutionalizing Values, Performance & Innovation driven Culture;
Encouraging Strength based and Solution Centric Leadership across all levels;
Making ABD, the “Most Admired Employer” From January 2010 to August 2015 (5 years 8 months) Mumbai Area, IndiaCountry HR Director @ Country HR Director reporting administratively to Managing Director-India and functionally reporting to Global HR Head-Power Systems
Total Global Sales : Euro 23 billion, 79000 employees, operating in 70 countries
In India Total Sales 2000 crores, 4000 employees across all the three sectors-Power Systems, Power Service and Rail Transport
Total India HR Team size : 30 ; Total Direct & Dotted line reportees : 12
• Lead the entire Country HR strategy in line with Global Business/ Sectors Critical Success factors by being active member of Management Committee
• Sustain the achievement of Business KPIs by aligning and reviewing HR deliverables
• Realigning all Business & Sectors HR agenda and bring “one Alstom” focus
Key Achievements: In 08 months,
• Built cohesive team of HR with a common HR Mission through Mission building intervention with focus on HR deliverables for being HR Strategic partner
• Significantly improved People Processes Maturity through “Back to Basics” drive in HR across organization
• Manpower Ramp up from 3000 to 4000 employees in line with Business growth
• 360 degree approach towards Employee Retention leading to attrition % reduced from 16.4 % to 8.4%
• Training Mandays increased to 04 mandays from less than 02 mandays
• Compensation restructuring & benchmarking with tax friendly initiatives
• Huge movement in Employee Communication & Engagement through “Cafezinos”
• Lead the entire mobilization of 1200+ employees from Gurgaon to Noida without any attrition
• Lead initiatives for internal & external Branding of Organisation
• Won 3rd runner up Best Employer Award in the National Employer Branding Awards organized by World HRD Congress at Mumbai in February 2009 From July 2008 to April 2009 (10 months) Noida Area, IndiaHead -Staffing & Talent Management at Frito Lays India (Pepsico Snacks Division) @ This position will centrally lead all Staffing processes, and specifically focus on hiring Managers & above and improving hiring capability across the organization. In addition, it will have people planning responsibility for all the functions located in the HO. This position will be at the VP level and will report directly to the HR Director. Asst Manager-staffing will report in to this position
• Lead the entire Talent acquisition function for PI India Snacks deploying the PAN India Talent Management strategy with direct responsibility for all Level 6+ & improve Talent Sourcing capability on processes & skills and In addition, it will have business HR responsibility for all the functions located in the Head Office.
• Building Talent pipeline through championing People planning and through comprehensive Talent Management review for PI India Snacks
• Sustain the achievement of Business KPIs by aligning and reviewing Talent acquisition & Talent Management KPIs on a regular basis
• In 07 months, closed 60% of open positions (Manager & above) thru leveraging Internal Talent Management process & saved > 27 lacs for the company
• Won National Award for “Innovation in Recruitment” organized by Asia HRD Congress at Mumbai in March 2008 From November 2007 to June 2008 (8 months) Gurgaon, IndiaGeneral Manager-HR for Pepsico India Beverages and Head-Talent Management for PepsiCo India Snacks @ In 2.5 years handled 02 key & strategic roles for both the businesses of Pepsico India. First role was to lead & drive HR for Pepsico India Beverages for South Market Unit comprising of approx 300 million USD beverages business comprising of 04 states and after successful stint was elevated to overview Head-Talent Management for PepsiCo India Snacks approx 350 million USD turnover based of their Gurgaon Head office. From January 2006 to June 2008 (2 years 6 months) Gurgaon, IndiaGeneral Manager-Human Resources @ Worked as General Manager-HR from Jan 2006 to October 2007 for South Market Unit, PepsiCo India Holdings Private Limited, having 05 Manuacturing plants & 04 Market units covering entire Hyderabad, Coastal Andhra, Tamilnadu, Karnataka & Kerala.
South Market has been awarded the Best HR Team & market Unit in India in 2005 & 2006. Turnover->800 crores, Total workforce: 1000 + employees.
• Received coveted PEPSICO ASIA HR STAR AWARD 2007 for institutionalizing DC process for Capability building of Non Sales Executives for PAN India
• Institutionalized Monthly People Processes review to enable sustainability of its maturity and contribution to Business results
• Team leader for the design, development, pilot test and deployment of Development centre for Non sales people and steering Operations academy for PAN India
• Through proper diagnosis of Organization Health Survey results and Skip level meetings with executives across locations, identified the core people issues, roll out time bound plan and achieved improvement of 15 points overall in Organization Health index in 2006 OHS survey score
• Based on the need of the Business, designed, conceived and implemented Employee Engagement initiatives e.g. PEPSEE, PEPCARE, BUDDY SCHEME leading to improvement in score of Employee Engagement elements in OHS 2006
• Got recognition from Country HR Head for effective implementation & leveraging PEPCARE (People Engagement Programme by Caring And Reaching Employees) & BEST (Business Excellence thru Sharing & Togetherness) for Business effectiveness. PEPCARE
• Improved Performance Management process score for the market unit showing the process maturity from
• People attrition has decreased from 30% to 10% due to high people connect and 360 degree approach for Talent retention From January 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 10 months) Chennai Area, IndiaGroup Manager-HR & OD @ Worked as an Expat and looked after group HR of Indorama which is a Business Leader & a Professionally managed Multinational Textile group headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia’s Capital. We are driven by strong commitment to Our values and mission of Innovation Everywhere and have world class manufacturing facilities in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Turkey &India and a global marketing network. Our Core competencies lie in producing textile raw materials of benchmark quality, namely Polyester yarns and fibre, Spun yarns, sewing threads and bottle grade resins. Accredited with ISO – 9000:2000 series, 14001 & 18001 certification.
Total Manpower of about 7000; Total Turnover: USD 1 billion
Reporting to Head-HR Corporate HR & OD
• Successful implementation of employee engagement initiatives across 03 SBUs covering 7000 employees (corporate employees suggestion scheme) with huge saving achieved & participation across all SBUs
• Deployed managing for excellence programme as a trainer, covered all expats on the target group driving culture change.
• Organized Employee engagement survey for positive culture development.
• Implementation of employee development oriented out bound management programme (In house with very less cost & value addition to employees) for Behavioral change of the target group
• Streamlined Corporate HR policies manual with need based changes
• HR cost saving project implementation with good savings achieved without affecting Employee Morale
• Handled successfully 360 degree project for the top management team
• Got special reward (increment) & Commendation letter from Corporate HR Head for significant Business contributions From October 2004 to January 2006 (1 year 4 months) Greater Jakarta Area, IndonesiaDeputy Manager-HR @ Elevated to Deputy Manager-Human Resources
Joined as Assistant Manager – Human Resource
Philips is a Dutch Multinational Group Lighting Unit accredited with ISO – 9000:2000 series & 14001 certification.
Total Manpower of about 1200; Total Turnover of the unit: >140 crores
Most efficient & productivity oriented Unit of Philips Lighting, Asia Pacific region. Achieved the Philips Business Excellence (EFQM) Award
Reporting to General Manager-HR
Was identified by Philips Management as HR Coach for Assessment Centre for Young Potentials for Talent Retention
Got Managing Director letter of appreciation for Employee Engagement programme
Implemented Competency Based recruitment, training and Management Development system
Designed, developed & implemented Training manual for Technicians, supervisors & Executives
Facilitated implementation of Human Resources Process Survey Tools which has helped in measuring the Maturity level of HR systems and processes in Philips. Achieved Best HR Maturity level in Philips Asia Pacific region due to implementation of new HR processes.
Strengthened Quality Improvement Teams(QIT) which generated huge Cost Saving for the Business
Being selected in the Company ‘s “Young Potential” for outstanding contribution
Implementation of 360 degree appraisal for Executives & Top Mgt. with focus on overall development of functional & leadership skill inventory
Contributed effectively in implementation of Philips Business Excellence model and achieved Silver Level (First in India & 4th worldwide) which has strengthened People process maturity & sustainable Business results From March 2001 to September 2004 (3 years 7 months) officer-Human Resources @ Worked as Officer-HR From June 1997 to October 2000- being the AUTONOMOUS BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP OFFICER OF ALUMINA PLANT & BOILER & CO-GENERATION (Total Staff 310; Workers 1600)Reporting to Joint President-HR
• Pioneered in initiating HRD Orientation program for staff of Alumina Plant for integrating HR with the core SBU business
• Imparted Specific Training Need based Training program for better productivity
• Set precedence by Acting as Neutral observer during Performance Feedback/Counseling process for the first time for bringing credibility to whole process.
• Started Quarterly Performance Appraisal in Alumina Plant for consistent focus on Performance linked activities & building Performance oriented culture
• Pioneered in Conducting Internal HRD Audit for reviewing & improving effectiveness of HR systems/processes for Business growth
•Initiated "Training for trainers" Programme for developing a Trainers’ pool so that Training is owned by Shop Floor Managers
• Successfully implemented suggestions on Restructuring & Manpower Rationalization for reducing Manpower cost and giving career opportunities to Young potentials
• Alumina Plant was named best plant in Organization Health Survey action Plan implementation by Corporate HR due to high HR ownership by the Line Managers in Alumina SBU
• Effectively implemented Succession Planning for the Middle & Senior level & developmental plans.
• Overall Management of HR Information system & HRDMIS.
• Represented Hindalco unit in Group Management Trainee of Aditya Birla Group (Similar to TAS) Selection process at Corporate HRD, Mumbai after getting short listed as best six out of 500 experienced professionals
•Got special promotion as Officer (HRD) for outstanding contribution. From June 1997 to October 2000 (3 years 5 months) Summer Trainee @ Worked as Summer Trainee with Escorts-Goetze Limited and streamlined their Talent hiring and selection process through comprehensive survey & analysis along with recommendation which were implemented by them From October 1996 to December 1996 (3 months) Intern @ Worked as Intern with Rajashree Cement Division of Aditya Birla Group based out of Pune as Intern while pursuing MBA with Symbiosis and facilitated setting up of HR Processes & Systems and its implementation From January 1996 to September 1996 (9 months)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General @ XLRI Jamshedpur From 2015 to 2019 PGDM (PM&HR), Human Resources Management, OD, OB, Labour Laws, Silver Medalist of 1997 PGDM (PM& by achieving second rank in Class of 60 @ Symbiosis institute of Management Studies From 1995 to 1997 Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.), Zoology/Animal Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Topped DAV college, 70% in Final Year @ Panjab University From 1990 to 1993 AISSCE, Physics, chemistry, Biology, English, FIRST DIVISION @ Kendriya Vidyalaya From 1988 to 1990 Dr. FCPHR is skilled in: Strategic Business, Strategic Leadership, Strategic Consulting, Human Capital, Customer Service, Soft Skills, Workshop Facilitation, Talent Management, Performance Management, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development, Employee Relations, Training