Micro-Electronics Engineering and Manufacturing Manager @
Manufacturing Engineering & Production Operations Manager @
Brigham Young University
I am a manufacturing and electronics industry executive with emphasis on exceeding KPIs for new product introduction, volume manufacturing, outsourcing, process re-engineering, inter- and intra-company partnerships, customer satisfaction, supply chain and quality improvement. I have led technical and operations teams ranging from a 6-person start-up through 120-person three-shift operations. Executives have recruited me to lead numerous engineering
I am a manufacturing and electronics industry executive with emphasis on exceeding KPIs for new product introduction, volume manufacturing, outsourcing, process re-engineering, inter- and intra-company partnerships, customer satisfaction, supply chain and quality improvement. I have led technical and operations teams ranging from a 6-person start-up through 120-person three-shift operations. Executives have recruited me to lead numerous engineering & production teams to maximize key performance indicators for multiple business-critical product launches and special projects including the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, implementation of Activity Based Costing and introduction of Micro-Interconnect Technology. I am highly effective at cross-functional collaboration of inter- and intra-company technical, operations, materials and leadership teams. I focus on extracting and presenting performance data to identify and solve problems. I have demonstrated excellent planning, problem solving, negotiation and team leadership skills. My expertise includes:
• Revenue Maximization • Process Improvement
• Inventory Reduction • Strategic & Operational Planning
• International Team Building • NPI & Lifecycle Management
• Process & Product Engineering • Data Collection, Analysis & Performance Monitoring
• Knowledge of ISO 13485 FDA QSR and ISO9001:2015 regulations
Specialties: Technical Management (Product, Process, Test, Project Engineering) and Supply Chain & Operations Management of New Product Introduction (NPI), Volume Manufacture (HVLM and LVHM), Lifecycle Management. Expertise in Micro-electronics,Thin Film, Hybrid Integrated Circuit Manufacturing, PWBA and Product Level Final Assembly, Integration Processing and Test optimization. Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt, ISO9001:2015 and ISO 13485 FDA QSR Certified.
Manufacturing Engineering & Production Operations Manager @ Operations & Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Implement continuous improvement projects, cellular manufacturing, improve documentation & training. Co-host customer quality audits, respond to findings. Lead 115 associates, supervisors and mfg. engineers in production and RMA operations spanning multiple beam steering product lines in $330M mixed volume enterprise to meet 2014 objectives: key product yield improved 86% to 93%; total returns inventory reduced 31%; On-Time Delivery improved 10 points; Past Due 7 to 2 days. Products served medical device, commercial and industrial customers. From 2013 to 2014 (1 year) Hardware Supply Chain Sr. Mgr @ Reporting to the General Manager (North Andover) and subsequently to the North American Senior Supply Chain Director (Plano, TX), optimized business operational performance for 7 product lines sourced internationally and having $300M of annual output (price). Working cross-functionally, maintained supply continuity through international technology transfers, new product introductions, end of life challenges and natural disasters.
• Successfully partnered across internal and external organizations to meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators for circuit packs, optical devices and wired equipment deployed to major customers.
• Sustained results: quality (1 formal design issue), revenue (98-100+% achieved), on-time delivery (85-95% line basis), strategic inventory (cut 60% in last 24 months).
• Drove study to assess realistic options for North American consolidation of software production & distribution facilities, processes, materials and systems - integration completed 2010. From 2008 to 2012 (4 years) Operations, Process & Quality Engineering Manager @ Led process & quality engineering teams to improve processes and customer responsiveness to new and repair service orders. Managed buyers of custom optical devices and wired equipment.
• Ensured 100% compliance with unannounced UL and CSA audits.
• Drove cross-organizational compliance with 5-day initial & 10-day final FMA responses.
• Led software supply chain team to optimize timely, fiscally & legally responsible deployment of ~400 orderable items replicated to various media types or internally & externally developed license keys.
• Balanced customer satisfaction and inventory in a highly unpredictable demand environment.
Drove process engineering and 3-shift operations teams at North Andover Works to achieve substantial electro-mechanical-optical hardware and software manufacturing improvements. Delivered numerous multi-million dollar trial systems to international customer sites on time.
• 30% cycle time reduction by implementing visual queues, improved utilization of batch processing facilities, pull techniques, repair management, creation of assessment reports and formal reviews.
• Product line outsourced (2006).
• Identified software process improvement opportunities to increase on-time delivery by 4 points in 2007; consistently exceeded 95% thereafter.
• Zero software customer quality issues in 5 years From April 2003 to June 2008 (5 years 3 months) Operations & Process Engineering Manager @ Led Project, Product, Process & Test Engineering new product introduction & volume ramp of a major product developed by an international team and deployed in the Asia Pacific Region. Subsequently executed a manufacturing technology transfer.
• Introduced 22 circuit packs & wired equipment on time in a record 8 months. Two additional releases were subsequently introduced on time.
• Managed product lifecycle: NPI planning, models manufacture, low and high volume production, new design phase in/out, ICT, Functional & Systems test set design & development, and field return support. Hosted more than 30 successful telecommunications systems validations.
Led technical team NPI & preliminary ramp of a new platform pending parallel introduction of cost effective unit.
• Introduced production of pre-optimized design to be first to market.
• Project discontinued - key customer merged with competing technology supplier From January 1995 to March 2003 (8 years 3 months) Manufacturing Business Unit Head @ Recruited by the Global Business Communications Systems Technical Director to introduce a silicon-on-silicon, Micro Interconnect application to increase competitiveness of commodity products (start-up within a factory). Established process controls, costing models, documentation. Launched production prior to Company selling Intellectual Property.
• Partnered with Bell Laboratories materials developers to adapt facilities & introduce new processes.
• Component count reduced 33%; end product footprint reduced 30%. From March 1993 to December 1994 (1 year 10 months) Shreveport, Louisiana AreaMicro-Electronics Engineering and Manufacturing Manager @ Promoted to lead hybrid integrated circuit technical and production operations team (bonding silicon integrated circuits to ceramic film integrated circuits). Managed 120+/- production associates and 15 Product and Test engineers to maximize customer service, revenue and cost improvement in thin film business.
• Implemented activity-based costing for $200M Hybrid Integrated Circuit manufacturing organization From June 1990 to February 1993 (2 years 9 months)
MBA @ Boston UniversityMS, Manufacturing Engineering @ Brigham Young UniversityBS, Mechanical Engineering @ University of Massachusetts at Amherst Doug Cokely is skilled in: Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Program Management, Quality Assurance, Assembly, AT&T, Team Building, Business Management, Balanced Scorecard, Benchmarking, Budget Management, SAP BW, Customer Satisfaction, Technical Documentation, Process Engineering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension