Senior Director, Online Media & Marketing @ LegalZoom
As Vice President of Acquisition, Dorian E. Quispe oversees all of LegalZoom customer acquisition marketing. He originally joined in 2011 as the Sr. Director of Online to rebuild and grow the digital channels. In 2013 Dorian transitioned to the VP role charged with all media responsibilities including traditional offline. Being blessed with an amazing team he took
As Vice President of Acquisition, Dorian E. Quispe oversees all of LegalZoom customer acquisition marketing. He originally joined in 2011 as the Sr. Director of Online to rebuild and grow the digital channels. In 2013 Dorian transitioned to the VP role charged with all media responsibilities including traditional offline. Being blessed with an amazing team he took his first steps in learning the TV and Radio side of the business. The online and offline teams no longer in silos, work daily to deliver the right media mix needed for rapid growth. To further optimize their media performance the team’s responsibilities expanded again a year later to include TV creative production and branding efforts. In 2015 a series of new TV commercials launched to help small businesses and families realize “Legal Help is Here”.
Prior to joining LegalZoom, Dorian served as director of online marketing for Oversee.net, one of the largest online performance marketing networks in the world, connecting advertisers with over 250 million unique users per month. He previously managed search marketing for LowerMyBills.com, a lead generation powerhouse which was sold to Experian for $400 million to create the 15th largest internet company in the US.
Quispe managed and cross-sold top tier clients at Overture.com prior to being purchased by Yahoo! for $1.63 billion and held numerous roles at Yahoo! corporate in Silicon Valley dating back to 1999.
Dorian holds a bachelor of science degree in marketing from California State University at Northridge.
Specialties: marketing strategy, online media buying, search engine marketing, e-commerce, lead generation, email marketing, analytics, a/b and multivariate testing, affiliate marketing, organizational development
California State University, Northridge - College of Business and Economics
University of California, Los Angeles - UNEX Business and Finance
Digital Growth Summit
Vice President, Acquisition Marketing @ From August 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) Senior Director, Online Media & Marketing @ Established in-house acquisition team and rebuilt online demand channels
• Successfully migrated multi-million dollar SEM channel from agency to in-house team
• Implemented 3rd party tech solutions for PPC, SEO, site analytics, landing page testing, and cross-channel attribution tracking
• Revamped entire A/B and multivariate landing page testing program
• Restructured display channel maintaining demand while reducing cost 40%
• Established online reputation management program protecting brand search results
• Lead research partnership resulting with “Mom Tested Seal of Approval” - Parenting.com
• Developed mobile lead generation strategy
• YoY record breaking growth in demand and net margin on core transactional products and lead generation business lines From June 2011 to July 2013 (2 years 2 months) Director of Online Marketing, Vertical Markets @ Responsible for the day-to-day marketing operations and management of all Search Engine, Social, Display and Email Marketing for the company's owned and operated network of lead generation businesses.
(i.e. LowFares.com, FareSpotter.net, AboutAirportParking.com, CreditCards.org, Degrees.com, IdentityTheft.com, CouponFinder.com, etc...)
Established and managed online marketing department - seven direct reports.
• Hired and developed first class SEM and Email marketing teams
• Responsible for multi-million dollar national and local search marketing budgets
• Established email marketing channel as a company core competency
• Strategically developed email retention and acquisition programs – over 1M subscribers
• Overall reach of 3.4 Million unique users per month in Travel and Finance categories
• 500% revenue growth year over year for network of lead generation businesses
Collaborated development of internal marketing systems with VP of R&D.
• Lead product development of first and second generation in-house tracking, reporting and paid search bid optimization platforms
• Standardized reporting and KPI analysis for internal and external stakeholders
• Oversee all A/B and multivariate landing page experiments
• Principal in reviewing, implementing and management of 3rd party tools and vendors
• Internal champion for future technical resource allocations and development of marketing systems
Internal subject matter expert in the area of traffic acquisition and marketing capabilities.
• Responsible for department QBR presentations at senior and board member levels
• Provide strategic marketing analysis and recommendations for all M&A opportunities
• Charged with ongoing training and company-wide all hands presentations
• Developing overall display and social media marketing strategies
• Guest Professor - College of Business & Economics, Cal State University, Northridge and UCLA From June 2006 to May 2011 (5 years) Greater Los Angeles AreaManager, Search Marketing @ • Successfully achieved acquisition marketing goals through the creation and implementation of winning bidding strategies and effective keyword management.
• Provided detailed analysis of key metrics and program tracking techniques to increase search performance efficiency resulting in consecutive 135% quarterly goal achievement.
• Proficient in SEM management tools including bid-management, tracking systems, and keyword development tools. (AtlasOnePoint, The Search Agency, Y! Search Optimizer)
• Leveraged search marketing expertise to develop partner relationships with engines and vendors in order to influence future search marketing and product developments.
(Y! Search Marketing Ad Council and Y! Product Marketing Feedback Partner) From January 2005 to May 2006 (1 year 5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaAccount Manager, Direct Sales @ • Effectively managed top tier client portfolio in excess of $5.3 million per quarter.
(Bank of America, Barnes & Noble, Hotels.com, Office Depot, Neiman Marcus, etc.)
• Provided marketing consultant services through keyword identification, creative copy improvements and enhanced bidding strategies based on ROAS/CPA analysis.
• Contributed product and marketing service solutions to further develop client growth and relationships, resulting in 100% retention with an average 102% revenue goal attainment. From July 2003 to December 2004 (1 year 6 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaProject Manager, Entertainment @ • Managed relationship and contractual obligations of Yahoo!’s largest entertainment clients, Universal Pictures and Universal Home Entertainment.
• Facilitated creative concept and technical development of ad units, theatrical micro sites, NRG/Dynamic Logic branding studies and Yahoo! front page marketing events.
• Executed and performed analysis of online media programs which achieved a reach of over 10 million consumers per theatrical release. (Seabiscuit, The Hulk, The Cat in the Hat) From March 2003 to June 2003 (4 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaCommerce Account Manager, Shopping @ • Managed Yahoo’s key commerce partnership programs. (Gap, Nordstrom, Wal-Mart, etc.)
• Directly worked with Sales and Business Development to maximize marketing programs.
• Provided training and guidance to Account Specialists Team. From March 2001 to February 2003 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaAssociate Producer, Shopping @ Managed Yahoo’s key commerce partnership programs
(Gap, Nordstrom, Victoria’s Secret, Wal-Mart, etc.) From August 1999 to February 2001 (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTraffic Specialist - Sales Ops @ From January 1999 to July 1999 (7 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
BS, Marketing @ California State University Northridge From 1993 to 1998 Academy of Art University From 2002 to 2003 ArtCenter College of Design From 1998 to 1999 Dorian Quispe is skilled in: PPC, SEM, Online Marketing, Google Analytics, Competitive Analysis, Lead Generation, Landing Page Optimization, E-commerce, Search, Online Advertising, Web Analytics, Affiliate Marketing, SEO, Email Marketing, Google Adwords
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension