Director of Procurement & Co-Manufacturing @ Cacique, Inc
Consultant @ Ventura Foods, LLC
Director of Procurement - Co-Manufacturing @ Ventura Foods, LLC
Strategic thinker, results oriented and detailed change agent delivering procurement and technical leadership to organizations desiring continuous improvement of their supply chain capabilities. A winning combination of procurement skills and thought leadership create the foundation to drive sustainable savings to the bottom line. I consistently deliver annual savings through an ongoing pipeline of cost reduction opportunities. It
Strategic thinker, results oriented and detailed change agent delivering procurement and technical leadership to organizations desiring continuous improvement of their supply chain capabilities. A winning combination of procurement skills and thought leadership create the foundation to drive sustainable savings to the bottom line. I consistently deliver annual savings through an ongoing pipeline of cost reduction opportunities. It is my belief that an open communication style, enhanced process efficiency, program development and cross-functional alignment lead to streamlined procurement strategies and speed to market.
Director of Procurement - Co-Manufacturing @ • • Direction and oversight of 25 co-manufacturing suppliers and 800 finished goods. Annual spend oversight-$60MM.
• Project management leadership from source identification to productionization of custom products from new and existing supply sources.
• Creation of strategic bi-lateral supply agreements modeled on full price/cost transparency, index based escalation, most-favored pricing, volume-based rebates, tiered pricing, shared cost savings, waste reduction, enhanced order-to-cash processes and joint-leveraged buying.
• Focus on understanding total supply market through competitive supplier profiling and assessment to assure the right companies have been asked to join the bid process.
• Development of complex Requests for Information, Proposals and Quotations based on cross-functional team input, identifying appropriate form, fit and function required and to vet potential suppliers capabilities.
• Annual top-to-top business reviews with strategic suppliers focusing on joint improvement of business relationship, service and performance.
• Improved operational efficiency through partnership with Sales and Operations Planning to develop a SKU Rationalization program that moved smaller volume, less efficient products to co-manufacturers.
• Development and preliminary production scale-up of international manufacturer in Philippines inclusive of development of international supply chain sourcing for unique materials.
• Master Data Management Data Steward: Procurement, Product and Supplier Lifecycle.
• Customized development of SharePoint Contract Management system to provide archival and reminders of key agreement obligations, expirations, and schedules. From August 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) Partner @ Raising the bar in Temecula CA wines. Our focus is on Vines, Wines and People. From 2006 to Present (9 years) Director of Procurement - Direct Materials @ • Stewardship of $230MM/year spend with 250 suppliers and across 1300 raw materials.
• Core Team Leader for Procurement ERP implementation from functional design, training and deployment.
• Leadership of systems-based, center-led procurement team of 11 separate factory locations and headquarters. .
• Researched and implemented a multi-year cheese hedging program using Class III fluid milk futures.
• Author of monthly Price Trend Report for key commodities allowing Sales to proactively plan price actions.
• Delivered annual cost savings to bottom line in excess of $2-million per year for 12 years in a row.
• Implemented Transparency in Supply Chain and Supplier Contingency validation programs. From April 2008 to Present (7 years 9 months) Purchasing Manager @ • Consolidation of over 300 redundant ingredient SKUs and 150 suppliers, leading to greater leverage, improved collaboration and ongoing savings.
• Implementation and expansion of national purchase agreement programs for key ingredient categories.
• Focused on shorter inventory turns improving carrying cost, efficiency and reduction of the cash cycle.
• Spearheaded implementation of a formal supplier/item approval process with QA, R&D and Finance.
• Created factory level supplier dispute resolution process shortening quality down-time.
• Designed and deployed supplier score card and supplier feedback process which improved supplier performance levels and enhanced alignment with supply base.
• Created first national specification database of ingredients to support procurement bid development programs.
• Implemented first comprehensive approved supplier program.
• Creation of a national bidding program in a formerly decentralized procurement organization. From October 2001 to Present (14 years 3 months) Sr. Manager of Research and Development @ • Lead post-acquisition integration of 2 R&D facilities to create cohesive and uniform methods of working.
• Created “circle-of-sales” product development program collaborating with multiple suppliers to demonstrate complete finished product concepts to key Corporate Chain Foodservice Customers.
• Authored and maintained ISO9001 Design Control Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Directed a staff of 20 technicians, technologists and senior technologists in development of culinary based, production ready sauce, seasoning and dressing flavor solutions.
• Trained staff in robust product design techniques to simplify the production process and manufacturing flow.
• Produced R&D to customer road-shows of new concepts in applications aligned with emergent market trends.
• Technical to technical selling and collaboration with customers to achieve product, marketing and sales goals.
• Streamlined the commercialization process integrating operations, quality performance and customer objectives. From 1997 to 2001 (4 years) Quality Assurance Manager & Sr. Food Technologist @ • Thermal Process Authority for USDA inspected meat cannery and pickle operation.
• Developed first company HACCP plan for canned foods.
• Formed operations and QA taskforce to identify and reduce scrap loss in manufacturing.
• Designed and implemented least cost meat-blend calculation program responsible for continuous cost avoidance.
• Ideation and development of new products for private label and branded retail items for regionally recognized leader in canned food, dressings, potato chips, peanut butter and pickles.
• Development of field to package assurance plan in support of marketing “pick to pack in 24-hours” claim.
• Implemented statistical process control and operator empowerment system dropping customer complaint rate. From 1989 to 1996 (7 years) QA Supervisor @ • Oversight of 5 quality assurance laboratories including raw receiving, peeler, cutter, fryer, packaging.
• Led team of 12 technicians in proactive quality analysis and statistical process control techniques.
• Conducted peeler/trimmer loss study which identified significant process loss and increased yields. From 1988 to 1989 (1 year)
BS, Agriculture Economics & Food Technology @ Washington State University From 1981 to 1988 Donald C.P.M. is skilled in: Food Industry, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Continuous Improvement, Purchasing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Contract Negotiation, Product Development, Food, Ingredients, Manufacturing, HACCP, Food Safety, Consumer Products, Food Manufacturing, Food Processing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension