Corporate Social Responsibility Manager @ Lead a two person headquarters team responsible for managing compliance with social and human rights laws and standards. Accountable for managing department initiatives, including oversight of social compliance at factories and vendors producing private-label merchandise. Currently managing the implementation of Detox 2020 requirements and reviewing the food supply chain for social improvement
Corporate Social Responsibility Manager @ Lead a two person headquarters team responsible for managing compliance with social and human rights laws and standards. Accountable for managing department initiatives, including oversight of social compliance at factories and vendors producing private-label merchandise. Currently managing the implementation of Detox 2020 requirements and reviewing the food supply chain for social improvement opportunities. From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Batavia, ILManager Social Compliance @ Led a four person headquarters team and four indirect reports from overseas responsible for ensuring compliance with social and human rights laws and standards. Accountable for managing department budget, oversight of over 2000 factories and 200 vendors producing private-label merchandise. Maintained key performance metrics, implemented policy changes and represented Target on multi-stakeholder initiatives.
• Spearheaded the development of a comprehensive risk-based model to manage business activities. This included the reformulation of compliance activities and resulted in a 30% increase in productivity, while increasing focus on factories not meeting acceptable human rights standards.
• Key committee member on The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety Initiative; an industry collaboration to improve the conditions of factories producing ready-made garments. Instrumental in developing a worker helpline in 250 factories and established assessment standards and protocols for evaluating over 700 factories for compliance with safety standards and local regulations.
• Conducted supplier summits throughout Asia. These summits provided suppliers with business and compliance expectations, opportunities to collaborate with others in the market and determine solutions for improving social compliance and human rights standards.
• Developed country specific programs for Cambodia and Bangladesh factories to improve fire prevention protocols and occupational health and safety performance. From May 2011 to May 2015 (4 years 1 month) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaManager Assurance - Retail Operations @ Determined audit and consulting project objectives and scope for headquarters and India merchandising functions. Hired, developed and provided bi-annual performance reviews for a four person team. Engaged quarterly with executive and senior management levels to review progress of the plan, discuss areas of significant risk and recommendations for improving business processes.
• Created and executed a three year strategic plan to assess adherence to regulatory requirements and review business processes for efficiency and effectiveness, in an effort to identify gaps and improve performance. Received Internal Audit VP Award for Thought Leadership.
• Led a cross-functional team that executed an extensive operational and technological audit of pricing processes. Recommended and gained support from senior management for a multi-million dollar operational improvement strategy.
• Ensured financial and brand risks were mitigated for new market entry by partnering with the development team to establish appropriate operational controls. From August 2008 to May 2011 (2 years 10 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaLead Process Analyst Internal Audit - International Business @ Led a cross-functional team that executed on-site assessments of business units located across Asia and Europe to determine if adequate controls were in place to meet local laws and maximize internal goals.
• Established and fostered effective working relationships with various levels of business line management to assist in operational improvements and knowledge sharing, which enhanced Internal Audit’s reputation as a value-adding partner.
• Effectively supervised and provided work direction to four overseas team members. From February 2006 to August 2008 (2 years 7 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaSenior Systems Administrator @ Liaison between technical architecture teams, business units and software providers to develop and enhance systems to manage international business functions.
• Documented the business requirements for over 50 import payment and transportation processes. Tested and successfully implemented all business processes.
• Developed automated reporting to manage import transportation business needs, including productivity and container volume statistics.
• Trained in Six Sigma tools and principals. From November 2004 to February 2006 (1 year 4 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaInternational Logistics Analyst @ Managed multiple transportation vendors, forecasted import container shipping needs and participated in annual ocean and air contract negotiations.
• Developed compliance reporting to identify business trends and to provide business partners with performance reports.
• Improved reliability of data and productivity of the teams by initiating and managing the integration of system changes to automate manual processes across three international business units. From October 2002 to November 2004 (2 years 2 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaInternational Distribution Manager @ Managed all aspects of the import deconsolidation operations, supply chain volume forecasts and responsible for annual 3rd party contract negotiations.
• Developed and implemented a process for shipping internationally made products from Asia markets directly to US and Caribbean stores, resulting in shorter lead times and significant cost savings. From May 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 6 months) Greater Detroit Area
Bachelor's Degree, Economics @ University of Wisconsin-River Falls Dion Fox is skilled in: Process Improvement, Retail, Team Leadership, Cross-functional Team..., Training, Forecasting, Leadership, Vendor Management, Operations Management, Management, Team Building, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Performance Management, Microsoft Excel, Strategic Planning, Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension