Software Engineer @ Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
Research Assistant @ USC Interaction Lab
Team Leader @ USC Information Sciences Institute, Space Engineering Research Center: Project LEAPFROG
B.S, Electrical Engineering @
University of Southern California
I am currently a Software Engineer in the Technology Research Group at Alpine Electronics of America. In my time at Alpine I have worked on various projects that push the boundaries of cutting edge technology in the automotive industry while participating in activities such as client consulting, engineering work, project management, product development, product testing and troubleshooting,
I am currently a Software Engineer in the Technology Research Group at Alpine Electronics of America. In my time at Alpine I have worked on various projects that push the boundaries of cutting edge technology in the automotive industry while participating in activities such as client consulting, engineering work, project management, product development, product testing and troubleshooting, presentation development, and client relations. In addition to my work as an undergraduate and graduate student at USC, many of the projects I've worked on and problems that I've solved have required machine learning in the fields of robotics, human machine interaction, computer vision, and data analysis.
My current technical interests lie in machine learning; of utilizing the benefits of modern machine learning algorithms to solve difficult problems. Specifically, I am interested in discovering how to apply ML principles to solve problems in robotics and finance.
I am also passionate about applying my general technical expertise and industrial knowledge in establishing and implementing new programs and processes that facilitate the introduction of cutting edge technology to every day practical applications.
Software Engineer @ Responsible for defining product requirements, establishing and refining project goals, presenting and marketing projects to clients, conducting product research, design work, product testing, and other engineering-related functions.
▪ Works with customers to ascertain their needs, refines project goals (based on customer feedback), and ensures that all products consistently meet client needs and expectations.
▪ Utilizes C++, OpenCV, and MatLab in the research, design, implementation, and testing of cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
▪ Has presented and marketed projects to clients throughout the world at leading trade shows. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Research Assistant @ Responsible for supervising research teams, developing research methodologies, and other project-related functions. Managed a team of four individuals in the design and running of a study to research the effect of human spacing during social interactions.
▪ Developed research methodologies, including experimental and study design in field of Human Robot Interaction.
▪ Utilized C++, ROS, and Microsoft Kinetics in the tracking of human skeletons, emulating human gestures in robots, and processing audio (using DSP techniques). From September 2011 to July 2014 (2 years 11 months) Team Leader @ Worked in Project Leapfrog. Responsible for project management, supervising project personnel, workflow coordination, managing project funding, building prototypes, and publishing and presenting paper. Managed a team of twenty, coordinated all project tasks, and ensured that project met all expectations.
▪ Helped to develop new technology for the space industry; presided over the building of a flight-ready prototype lunar lander module, which demonstrated the value of open-source in the development of cutting-edge technology.
▪ Personally published and presented a paper (AIAA Space, 2013) on the role of crowd-sourcing and open-source in the space industry. From July 2013 to June 2014 (1 year) Software Team Member @ * Wrote computer vision software (buoy recognizer, feature detector, visual odometry) using ROS, OpenCV, and C++
* Wrote physics simulator using ROS, BulletPhysics, and C++
* Competed submarine in AUVSI's RoboSub competition From September 2010 to January 2013 (2 years 5 months) Software Engineering Intern @ * Team leader for writing social media application, including UI design and feature development
* Applications developed in Lua
* Agile development cycle, using Git and Fogbugz From June 2012 to August 2012 (3 months)
Master's Degree, Electrical and Electronics Engineering @ University of Southern California From 2013 to 2014 B.S, Electrical Engineering @ University of Southern California From 2010 to 2014 Dhruv Monga is skilled in: C++, Python, Matlab, OpenCV, PHP, Git, Robotics, ROS, Lua, Assembly Language, BulletPhysics, Digital Signal Processing, Audio Engineering, Pyramid, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Algorithms
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension