Customer Service Specialist @ Dick's Sporting Goods
BBA, Accounting @
Southern Methodist University
I have been working at CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP, a top 10 Public Accounting firm, since January of 2011. I started as an intern and am currently a senior in the Healthcare industry. CLA provides a broad rage of services which includes tax, audit, outsourcing, accounting, internal audit, benefits, information security, international, and executive search. CLA is the only
I have been working at CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP, a top 10 Public Accounting firm, since January of 2011. I started as an intern and am currently a senior in the Healthcare industry. CLA provides a broad rage of services which includes tax, audit, outsourcing, accounting, internal audit, benefits, information security, international, and executive search. CLA is the only top 10 firm whose primary focus is on the privately held, family owned businesses.
My experience includes federal and state tax compliance for Consolidated Corporate groups, S Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciaries, and individuals. Responsibilities includes tax projects, client relationship, tax research, planning, compliance, and responding to IRS and state notices for all types of entities.
I love to learn and am driven to work hard in pursuit of meeting my personal and professional goals.
Favorite quotes that inspire me:
- "I do not "follow my passion." I bring it with me. I believe that any job can be done with passion and enthusiasm."
- "I do not lose. I either win or I learn."
- "Tough times never last but tough people do."
Professional experience: Partnership tax, S Corp tax, Consolidated C-Corp tax compliance, Audit, Reviews, Compilation, Financial Reporting, Bookkeeping, and Customer Service.
Software skills: CCH ProSystem Fx, BNA Tax Planner, Quick Books – online and local, MS Office
Language skills : Proficient in English and Bengali. Moderate proficiency in Hindi and Urdu.
Tax Senior @ - Perform and supervise a broad range of tax issues from start to finish, oversee larger, more complex tax returns
- Obtain relevant information from client for corporate, S corporations, partnership, and individual tax returns
- Break down complicated tax returns into tasks for staff completion, delegate tasks, coordinate schedules, supervise execution, and review work of staff
- Support on-the-job training and evaluate performance of staff members
- Ensure complete and timely tax return preparation
- Perform detail review on tax returns, research, and compliance work with an emphasis on calculations, accounting theory, and tax law compliance
- Review files to ensure that they possess the necessary signatures, contain the necessary supporting documentation, and comply with filling due dates; obtain proper filing extensions if necessary
- Suggest client tax planning including projections, present alternative cases and evidence, propose solutions to outstanding tax issues or problems
- Communicate work results to manager and/or client for review and discussion From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaAssociate @ - Organized and prepared client documents for tax returns
- Contacted clients regarding information needed to prepare their tax returns
- Helped clients prepare for IRS audits
- Prepared tax returns: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120s, TFTR, and other state returns From September 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 2 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaCustomer Service Specialist @ - Directly managed the department matrix and supervised 15-20 employees weekly
- Accurately balanced store cash/sales at the end of each shift
- Assisted employees with customer concerns and register issues
- Managed and trained cashiers, and developed weekly schedules for employees From October 2005 to September 2012 (7 years) Intern @ Prepared tax returns: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120s, TFTR, and other state returns From January 2012 to April 2012 (4 months) Intern @ - Organized and prepared client documents for tax return
- Contacted clients regarding missing information or required supporting documents
- Prepared tax returns: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120s, 709, TFTR, and other states returns From January 2011 to April 2011 (4 months) Property Tax Analyst (Summer Intern) @ - Contacted clients to collect property information and prepared their file for Appraisal Review Board
- Ran equity to compare the subject land value with the surrounding parcel land
- Ran cost and tax comps to compute the appropriate market value for the subject property
- Ran sales to find listing of similar properties in the market From May 2010 to July 2010 (3 months) Accounting Intern (Spring) @ - Audited expense reports and financial statement
- Audited accounts and combined year end information to create 1099 From December 2009 to May 2010 (6 months) Accounting Intern (Fall) @ - Recorded/Paid Bills
- Managed Payroll
- Managed A/R and A/P
- Handled projects on Budgeting, Cash Flow, and Tax Return
- Resolved customer/vendor concerns From May 2009 to November 2009 (7 months) Assistant to IT Specialist @ - Assembled computers
- Assisted the IT specialists with their projects From January 2009 to November 2009 (11 months)
MS in Accounting @ The University of Texas at Dallas - School of Management From 2011 to 2012 BBA, Accounting @ Southern Methodist University From 2008 to 2010 Business @ Collin County Community College From 2006 to 2008 A Level, Accounting, Math, & Physics, High School @ European Standard School (ESS) From 2004 to 2005 Dewan Chowdhury is skilled in: CCH ProSystem fx, QuickBooks, Accounting, Financial Analysis, Microsoft Excel, Auditing, GAAP, Tax, Financial Reporting, Financial Accounting, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Access, Customer Satisfaction, Corporate Tax
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension