I'm a technical product guy and entrepreneurial by nature. I prefer working in smaller multi-disciplined teams where I define the vision, come up with the plan and drive execution. As a result of my entrepreneurial efforts, I have built and managed both product and engineering teams. I enjoy designing technical solutions to business problems. While I have
I'm a technical product guy and entrepreneurial by nature. I prefer working in smaller multi-disciplined teams where I define the vision, come up with the plan and drive execution. As a result of my entrepreneurial efforts, I have built and managed both product and engineering teams. I enjoy designing technical solutions to business problems. While I have an enterprise / cloud infrastructure background, I'm generally interested in products that target businesses/consumers/developers with a clear value proposition which entices them to pay for the product/service I've built.
Founder / CEO @ Buddybuild is the world's first mobile iteration platform.
It ties together continuous integration, continuous delivery and an iterative feedback solution into a single, seamless platform.
No more cobbling together disparate systems to meet your mobile development needs.
With buddybuild, you can focus on what matters most: creating awesome apps From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Engineering Manager - Amazon Web Services (AWS) / Silk Web Browser @ Responsible for the Silk Web browser UI for the Kindle Fire Tablet and Fire Phone devices.
From the ground up, built and managed the team responsible for defining and delivering the Silk web browser for the Fire Phone. Also played a key role in defining and delivering device wide features like "Auto-Scroll". From July 2012 to February 2015 (2 years 8 months) Advisor @ From January 2012 to January 2014 (2 years 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaCo-Founder @ InvestorSense provides investors (and others in the startup ecosystem) a way to evaluate and discover companies that matter to them.
We provide a customizable dashboard that aggregates various data sources from across the web to provide a “Yahoo! Finance” experience for emerging companies.
The service also notifies users with a list of companies which match their investment criteria (based on customizable thresholds and social filters).
Responsible for product definition, business development, coding and design. From July 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 1 month) Director @ Responsible for formulating and articulating the distributed development strategy for ~100 engineers. Defined a ‘Center of Excellence’ for the development center and demonstrated its value by hiring and managing a team that shipped applications for Windows Phone and “Windows 8”. Acted as a liaison and mentor to the Vancouver technical community by participating and sponsoring various events and companies. From September 2009 to September 2011 (2 years 1 month) Group Program Manager, Azure Platform @ Working closely with with senior executive leadership, I played a key role in defining and delivering Microsoft's Cloud Services strategy and product offering.
I was the founder of a 80 person team focused on defining, building, delivering and operating the Messaging, Access Control and Workflow offerings of Microsoft’s cloud-based services platform.
I grew the effort from concept, to project, to team, to business unit.
These services are:
• Defining, designing and implementing several developer facing services. This includes a secure firewall traversal service, a simple publish/subscribe eventing system and a federated authentication and authorization service
• Building and running the product and engineering teams (Dev, PM, QA) from the ground up, including a development team in Shanghai, China
• Participating in platform adoption strategy and competitive analysis
• Managing partnerships with internal teams and external customers building on the platform
• Defining a team culture of short, iterative milestones - shipping every 8 weeks to leverage tight market feedback cycles From May 2006 to September 2009 (3 years 5 months) Senior Program Manager, Windows Workflow Foundation @ Defined and shipped the developer tools and communications object model. These tools included a visual designer and debugger for Visual Studio 2005/2008. Responsible for evangelizing WF at several conferences and customer events (including a keynote at PDC 2005) From July 2003 to May 2006 (2 years 11 months)
BSc, Computing Science & Business @ Simon Fraser University From 1997 to 2002 Dennis Pilarinos is skilled in: Product Management, Product Strategy, Product Evangelism, Product Direction, Software Engineering, Software Design, Software Implementation, Technical Leadership, Technology Development, SaaS, Online Services, Cloud Computing, Agile Methodologies, Strategy, .NET
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension