* Design and develop new features
* Rewriting all legacy code using CakePHP
* Increasing test coverage.
* Investigating new technologies that can be used to improve our systems and our development process.
* Improving code quality.
* Database optimization.
* Pricing and Invoicing System which handles custom pricing for all of
our clients and pricing for over 500 different TLD's.
* JobBook to manage and track internal jobs/tasks. From January 2011 to February 2014 (3 years 2 months) London, United KingdomLead Software Developer @ Sole developer for the IPRota Trademark Validation System. Over 80,000 applications were validated during the sunrise period using this system. The system provided an interface for internal staff to view and validate applications as well as allowing Registrars to track application progress and upload supporting documentation.
The application was built using Ruby/Rails and ExtJS. It was deployed on the Engine Yard Cloud and made use of other Amazon web services. My responsibilities including discussing and determining system requirements and feasibility with stakeholders, designing, developing and deploying the system.
Technologies used: Ruby, Rails, ExtJS, MySQL, Amazon S3 & SES. From November 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomSystems Developer/Administrator @ My role at Com Laude was to develop and maintain internal and public web based applications. I was also involved in managing our Linux servers and providing technical support for Windows users.
My primary role was to maintain and develop new features for the existing DNS Management system. I was involved in all aspects of the development process including gathering user requirements, planning, designing and deploying new features.
Technologies used: PHP, MySQL, Apache, Linux
I also developed and deployed a CRM style web application to manage all of Com Laude's current and prospective clients. This application manages mailing lists and handles the authoring and sending of news letters and other bulk emails to various groups of users.
Technologies used: Python, Django, jQuery From October 2007 to December 2010 (3 years 3 months) London, United KingdomDeveloper @ I was tasked with converting an existing python/django web application to ruby/rails while leaving the current API in tact. This included writing tests to cover all of the converted server side code.
Technologies used: Ruby, Rails, Rspec From October 2009 to March 2010 (6 months) London, United Kingdom
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension