Vice President - Tegra Business Development @
Vice President and General Manager - Embedded & Edge Computing @
MS, Electrical Engineering @
A proven and well-rounded leader that demonstrates execution, strategic thinking, strong business development skills, and building lasting customer relationships. An expert in various mobile and multimedia technologies - exhibiting top-notch deep and broad technical capabilities in a wide array of systems businesses. Strong sense for financials and operations with a proven track record of delivering compelling top-line
A proven and well-rounded leader that demonstrates execution, strategic thinking, strong business development skills, and building lasting customer relationships. An expert in various mobile and multimedia technologies - exhibiting top-notch deep and broad technical capabilities in a wide array of systems businesses. Strong sense for financials and operations with a proven track record of delivering compelling top-line growth with model gross margins. Excellent track record of public speaking engagements including investor meetings.
Execution & Operations
Product & System Architecture
Vice President and General Manager - Tegra @ From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaVice President - Tegra Business Development @ From February 2013 to April 2013 (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaGeneral Manager - OMAP Google HUB @ Responsible for deploying various Google assets such as Android on OMAP for smartphone, tablet, automotive, and various embedded markets.
• Fully owned all software product management and R&D on all OMAP variants for all markets.
• Select products launched in 2012: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9/HD/Fire2, Barnes & Noble Nook HD+/HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7/10, Archos XS 101, Google Nexus Q, and Kobo Arc From January 2012 to January 2013 (1 year 1 month) General Manager - OMAP Mobile computing business unit @ Responsible for OMAP processor franchise into the always-on, instant-on, and always-connected realm of mobile devices across multiple operating systems.
• Fully owned TI’s investments in WindowsRT, worked closely with Microsoft from engineering to executive level to develop WindowsRT on OMAP4470 processor.
• Managed engineering (development and customer support), system & software architecture, product definition, marketing, and business development teams for computing OEMs and ODMs.
• Built TI OMAP’s own first commercial tablet reference design platform with full optimized form factor and BOM.
• Select OEM/ODM tablets launched are: Toshiba Excite 10LE, Lenovo IdeaPad S2109, and Innocomm Talos 7/10. From November 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 3 months) Head of Business development, OMAP smartphones @ Led a high-performance worldwide team (12 direct reports and an additional 8 satellite members) chartered with building TI OMAP business in the smartphone space. Won critical sockets that more than doubled top-line growth from 2009 to 2010 ($100+M to $300+M). Designed-in future revenue for 2011 and 2012 with double top-line growth again from 2010 to 2011 ($300+M to $600+M). All of this was accomplished while improving gross margins of the overall business every year compared to the previous year.
• Owned top-tier smartphone customer accounts including pricing – responsible for identifying new opportunities, designing-in phone platforms, work with cross functional customer support teams and R&D, ramp smartphones to production, and recognize revenue. Accounts are: Motorola, RIM, SEMC, Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia, NEC, Fujitsu, Panasonic, Sharp, and Palm.
• Delivered design wins in 2009 with OMAP3 processor to set the foundation for OMAP success in the smartphone space – select products are: Motorola Droid, Palm Pre, SEMC Satio, Nokia N900, and Samsung Omnia HD & VDF 360 H1
• Delivered design wins in 2010 and handily beat the market growth launching popular smartphones such as Motorola DroidX/Droid2/DroidPro, SEMC Vivaz/Pro, Yulong Coolpad, and Palm Pre2
• Select products launched in 2011 based on design-in in 2010 - Motorola Droid3/Razr/RazrMaxx/Bionic/etc., Samsung Galaxy S2/Nexus, RIM Blackberry Playbook, LG Optimus 3D/Black, Panasonic Eluga, and Fujitsu Arrows From December 2008 to November 2010 (2 years) Product Line manager, Video conferencing & phone BU @ Grew business in the enterprise video conferencing space by successfully defending sockets against significant competition. Delivered 30% y-o-y growth in revenue and increased market share to > 80% of endpoint sockets.
• Won business with DaVinci DM6467 at Polycom, Tandberg (now Cisco), Aethra, Lifesize, and Radvision. As a result, TI owned > 80% share of all endpoint sockets in 2009 and 2010.
• Delivered on unique differentiators for the video conferencing space such as H.241 support and programmable video processing to create a barrier for entry to competition. From March 2008 to December 2008 (10 months) Business development manager, Digital Imaging @ Responsible for TI's digital still camera and related imaging business. Led the business to its highest gross margins in 2008. From February 2007 to March 2008 (1 year 2 months) System Architect @ Responsible for product architecture and definition of several TI multimedia SoC's. Roles included architecture, microarchitecture, modeling, hardware/RTL design and verification, software development, verification, etc – spanning the complete product cycle from definition to revenue generation.
Elected Senior Member of Technical Staff - 2006 (top 6% of technical population)
Elected Member, Group Technical Staff - 2004 (top 14% of technical population)
2007-2008 - Lead Product definition Sitara AM3505/3517
2006-2007 - Lead architect DaVinci TMS320DM365
2005-2006 - Lead architect DaVinci TMS320DM350/355 - HotChips 2007
2004-2005 - Primary architect DaVinci TMS320DM644x
2004-2005 - Lead ISP architect in several TI SoC's including OMAP3
2003-2004 - Primary architect TMS320DM320
2002-2003 - Primary architect IVA1.0 in OMAP2420
2001-2003 - Designer TMS320DM310 - HotChips 2004
5 US patents issued
• US 7362362, US 7502075, US 7593580, US 7787021, and US 7797514
Program chair for several IEEE workshops and published regularly in IEEE conferences From September 2001 to February 2007 (5 years 6 months)
Ph.D., Computer Engineering @ The University of Texas at Austin From 1998 to 2001 MS, Electrical Engineering @ Villanova University From 1996 to 1998 BE, Electronics and Communication Engineering @ Andhra University From 1992 to 1996 Deepu Talla is skilled in: OMAP, SoC, Product Development, Processors, Product Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Embedded Systems, Android, Mobile Devices, Semiconductors, System Architecture, IC, ASIC, Business Development, Smartphones
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension