Deepak Sekar is Founder and CEO of Casabots. He has been a Director at Rambus, Chief Scientist at MonolithIC 3D inc. and has held various engineering roles at SanDisk. He is an author or co-author of ~100 issued patents, ~30 pending patents, a book, 3 invited book chapters and 20 publications, of which 2 have won Best
Deepak Sekar is Founder and CEO of Casabots. He has been a Director at Rambus, Chief Scientist at MonolithIC 3D inc. and has held various engineering roles at SanDisk. He is an author or co-author of ~100 issued patents, ~30 pending patents, a book, 3 invited book chapters and 20 publications, of which 2 have won Best Paper Awards. He received a B. Tech from IIT Madras in 2003 and a PhD from Georgia Tech in 2007.
• Advisory Board Member at MonolithIC 3D Inc. (2013)
• Advisory Board Member at 3D InCites (2011-2013)
• General Chair, Program Chair, Short Course Chair, Committee Member at the IEEE International Interconnect Technology Conference (2008-2014)
• Committee Member at the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (2013-2014)
• Device, Process and Circuit Aspects of Memory, 3D Integrated Circuits and Microprocessors
• Electronic System Design for Consumer Products.
► Mechanical Engineering
• 3D CAD Design and Simulation of Consumer Products
• Hands-on Experience building prototypes in a machine shop with CNC equipment, mills, sheet metal tools, 3D printers, injection molders, TIG welders, lathes, waterjet cutters, etc.
• JAVA: built software tools to simulate chips, automate patent checking and drafting.
• Managed a software team at MonolithIC 3D Inc.
► Marketing and Biz Dev
• Developed customer relationships at Rambus and MonolithIC 3D Inc.
• Built and managed marketing campaign at MonolithIC 3D Inc. with a well-followed blog and an active LinkedIn campaign that reached our target audience (people in bigger semi companies). Built relationships with most major semiconductor magazines
• Managed teams at Rambus and MonolithIC 3D Inc.
• Believe in building teams where the manager pushes his/her limits, picks additional skills and grows and inspires each team member to do the same.
Founder and CEO @ Casabots has invented a general purpose cooking robot From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Director @ * Started and led the Embedded Resistive RAM project at Rambus. Lead developer of a novel low-power RRAM device. Invented an array architecture that solves the important problem of scaling Embedded RRAM to advanced nodes.
* Presented our team's working 256kb RRAM chip at the 2014 International Electron Devices Meeting
* Rambus' RRAM is licensed to several semiconductor companies now (http://bit.ly/tezzaron_rram , http://bit.ly/freescale_rram, http://bit.ly/micron_rram, others) From March 2012 to August 2015 (3 years 6 months) Chief Scientist @ Positions of increasing responsibility, from Principal Engineer to Chief Scientist
* Managed engineering and marketing teams
* Inventor or co-inventor of the company's monolithic 3D memory, logic and optoelectronic technologies. Our work was published in the 2012 International Electron Devices Meeting, the 2011 IEEE 3D-IC conference (invited paper) and the 2014 IEEE S3S conference (invited paper).
* We were selected as a Finalist of the Best of Semicon West 2011 for pioneering monolithic 3D technology. This award recognizes leading innovations in the semiconductor industry every year. From April 2010 to March 2012 (2 years) Staff Engineer @ Positions of increasing responsibility, from Intern to Senior Engineer to Staff Engineer.
* Started bipolar Resistive RAM (RRAM) project at SanDisk. Lead developer of a bipolar RRAM memory that had 10k cycles endurance, excellent data retention and yield, while before that, SanDisk did not get more than 10 cycles repeatably. Invented and developed selectors and array architectures for bipolar RRAM. This project, based on this early work of mine and a couple of colleagues, became a 100+ person project spanning multiple partner companies.
* NAND flash memory
Around 10 patents now being used in SanDisk/Toshiba's flash memory chips From May 2007 to April 2010 (3 years)
MS and PhD, Electrical and Computer Engg @ Georgia Institute of Technology From 2003 to 2007 B Tech, Electrical Engineering @ Indian Institute of Technology, Madras From 1999 to 2003 Deepak Sekar is skilled in: Inventor, 3D Integrated Circuits, Flash Memory, Microprocessors, Resistive Memories, Interconnect, Device Physics, Circuit Design, Process Technology, Semiconductors, Engineering Management, Intellectual Property, Strategic Thinking, Entrepreneurial Skills, Interconnects
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension