Sr. Program Director/Manager, Inflight Wi Fi and Entertainment/ Connected Aircraft Program @ United Airlines
Principal Consultant, Sr. Project Manager onsite at United Airlines, World Headquarters. @
Co Owner @ Prairie Furniture
Highly accomplished, innovative, and strategic thought leader, with extensive experience and expertise in all facets of program development life cycle from inception to implementation and support transition. Proven expertise in leading critical, complex, high risk and highly visible strategic programs/projects, delivering results and removing barriers that impede progress. Skilled at reporting program/project progress; proactively identifying risks and
Highly accomplished, innovative, and strategic thought leader, with extensive experience and expertise in all facets of program development life cycle from inception to implementation and support transition. Proven expertise in leading critical, complex, high risk and highly visible strategic programs/projects, delivering results and removing barriers that impede progress. Skilled at reporting program/project progress; proactively identifying risks and resolving issues related to budget, scope changes, quality, schedule, and resources; while achieving program/project completion on time and within budget. Expert at managing communications and expectations of highly cross functional team of clients, sponsors, users, working teams, contractors/consultants, external partners and the enterprise, ensuring adherence to established methodologies and standards. Specialize in bringing new technology products to market, developing innovative solutions to complex and challenging problems, with a hands-on, lead-by-example style that fosters a culture of teamwork, shared mission, and dedication to excellence in execution.
Sr. Program Director/Manager, Inflight Wi Fi and Entertainment/ Connected Aircraft Program @ Spearhead cross-functional team providing expert oversight to complex program. Collaboratively work with internal team/vendor partners to deploy connectivity & PDE across 3 Inflight Connectivity providers, each with a different connectivity/ DRM solution. Oversee all technology related deliverables related to hardware, software, network, custom portal, custom player, security, content distribution, & crew connectivity. Capitalize on industry expertise in managing deliverables, issues, risks, budget, schedule, milestones, scope, and resource plan. Evaluate opportunities to optimize speed to market and resources required to deliver. Facilitate Executive Steering Committee and Change Approval Board. Motivate and manage efforts of team members. Provide performance feedback, mentor PMO PMs, BAs. Oversee implementation of an integrated work plan that spans nearly 50 projects. Pioneered and provide oversight to: 1st to build custom Inflight Portal, 1st to build custom Inflight Player, 1st U.S. airline with international WiFi flights with on PAC, 1st to plan launch of DRM streaming on Thales, 1st use 3 separate connectivity providers across fleet each with their own connectivity and DRM solution, 1st with planned launch of certificate based Crew Connectivity PAC Ku, 1st with planned launch of Crew Connectivity on Thales, 2nd to launch connectivity with Thales in the world and 2nd to launch DRM streaming on PAC. Initiated cross divisional process mapping in support of the first large scaled automated content delivery system to aircraft. Formulated PMO structure, methodology, Governance, and Intake - Release. Sourced provider and defined SOW for key strategic consulting services to support a global player and manage deliverables for the same. Key contributor to all related provider's agreements/SLAs. Provide vendor oversight to meet/ exceed SLAs. Manage 12M+ budget. Participate in industry events, benchmark, and participate in related professional organizations. From December 2011 to Present (3 years 11 months) United Airlines World HeadquartersPrincipal Consultant, Sr. Project Manager onsite at United Airlines, World Headquarters. @ Took full charge of the technology implementation upselling merchandising products on multiple internal channels involving web and mobile, and kiosk along with third-party Global Distribution System (GDS).
– Pioneered the development of Economy Plus from the united.com seat maps in coordination with cross-functional team.
– Leveraged skill in realizing more than $125M incremental annual revenue, while accomplishing key online mileage redemption projects associated to airline's merger on time and in budget and meeting or exceeding quality metrics.
– Exemplified PMI project management methodologies to guarantee the maximum project effectiveness; provided direction and support to the Project Team for optimal performance.
– Made substantial contribution to the successful program integration of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database in support of Mileage Plus marketing and campaign activities.
– Led the Unica upgrade and consolidation of the 2 airline's loyalty program during the United-Continental merger, in alignment with the operational goal. From October 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 3 months) Greater Chicago AreaCo Owner @ Assumed full accountability for the entire HR activities encompassing employee recruitment, training, and performance evaluation, benefits, and retention programs.
– Piloted the establishment of the company including structure and Engagement Team of 22 local and remote employees and contractors.
– Devised standard operation procedures, which enabled franchising of the company's system.
– Established the company’s website; administered the integration of the company's off-the-shelf ERP and CRM applications. From April 2001 to September 2009 (8 years 6 months) St Charles, Naperville ILSr. Project Manager, eCommerce, Airport Operations, Cargo @ Directed the successful execution to implement thousands of freight rates across the globe on a new platform, an industry first for a U.S major commercial carrier. Led the implementation of united.com BagCheck, a new process to check-in online and easily check bag at airport kiosk resulting in a multi-point check-in efficiency Customer Satisfaction score. Drove 15 point quality gain in vendor performance in 1 year stabilizing erratic service levels.
– Developed and proposed strategic recommendations for cargo marketing and sales planning.
– Demonstrated efficiency in developing a new unitedcargo.com for enhancement of usability; reduction of operating costs, and generation of incremental revenue.
– Displayed competency in creating standard requirements for the first cargo customer "repurchase intent" customer satisfaction survey, as well as an internal survey to track and evaluate cargo team dynamics.
– Served as driving force in conceptualizing and implementing the Airport Operations Call Center strategy outsourcing by 100% of EasyCheck-in, bag service, and irregular operations calls.
– Significantly strengthened vendor quality performance across products handled by the outsourced Contact Center vendor, which generated a 15-point quality gain in a year.
– Optimized erratic service levels into stabilization and designed new programs to drive the improvement of vendor accountability across the contract.
– Spearheaded efforts for developing staffing plan; monitoring service-level agreements (SLAs) and quality goals; initiating cost/benefit analysis for service center growth; defining statement of work (SOW) for new initiatives; and devising programs for vendor productivity improvement.
– Efficiently designed and implemented united.com BagCheck, which resulted to 20 point increase in kiosk success rate with 30% reduction in kiosk transaction time as well as multi-point increase in check-in efficiency. From February 2005 to July 2008 (3 years 6 months) Sr. Project Manger/Project Manager, Airport Operatons @ Provided strategic direction to a cross-functional business team to ensure timelines were met; defined scope and executed the marketing and communication plan; collaboratively worked with engineers to ensure high usability and user experience, including training and requirements; established IT SLAs, hardware requirements, field testing, and complex beta testing. Singlehandedly managed the deployment of EasyCheck-in kiosks to more than a dozen airports across the United States. Held responsible for prioritization and coordination of the kiosk/online EasyCheck-in release and enhancement schedule, while acting as key point of contact between kiosk and online development teams.
– Oversaw all aspects of business activities with the EasyCheck-in self-service kiosk new platform cutover, which at the time was the largest single development effort in United's history.
– Provided oversight to the production release at 1072 kiosks in 108 United and United Express stations, consequently recognizing as one of a leading kiosk applications in the airline industry by Forrester's.
– Capitalized on industry expertise in designing and executing the end-to-end business process to support the existing EasyCheck-in kiosk application to a web-based platform along with a new flow, new content, and hundreds of enhancements. From April 2003 to April 2005 (2 years 1 month) Greater Chicago AreaSenior Staff Representative/ Promotions and Communication Lead Airport Ops Research and Development @ Developed and implemented multi level marketing plans through direct mail pieces, press releases, advertisements, email, and web pages to increase usage and promote awareness of United’s three EasyCheck-in products: kiosk, online and curb. Developed and implemented an Easy micro site on united.com promoting EasyCheck-in products in a dynamic and graphical format, gaining over 4 million visits in 2 years. Contributed to a 600% increase in usage during the same period. Partnered with Market Research to develop and conduct customer-specific research related to EasyCheck-in usage and behavior patterns to assist in current and strategic marketing decisions. From July 2001 to March 2003 (1 year 9 months) Elk Grove Village ILSr. Project Manager, Airport Operations @ Responsible for prioritization of Airport Operations united.com projects and created the Project Portfolio Gatekeeper List. Analyst role responsible for development of business cases and/or cost-benefit analysis for project initiation to support strategic eCommerce strategy. Project Lead or key team member for multiple innovative projects including all Airport Operation’s united.com and mobile initiatives plus up and coming 3rd party internet sites such as Expedia, Priceline, and Hotwire. From June 1998 to July 2001 (3 years 2 months) Sr. Staff Representative, Supervisor, Instructor @ Headquarters and Field locations
Held various leadership positions in both field operations and corporate headquarters including Sr. Staff Representative Customer Contact Center responsible for day to day operational support for 8K plus Call Center agents worldwide including system-wide recognition programs and managing the management development program, Supervisor managing Contact Center agents time and performance, Instructor taught multiple 8-week session Reservations Courses in an adult learning environment, developed and enhanced curriculum, supervised new agents, OJTs and training coordinator, Technical Lead responsible for day to day operational support for Technical Support Representatives worldwide, Operations Coordinator responsible for coordination of 30K plus inbound calls, and Ticket Sales Representative coordinating retail activities for a 3.2M ticket sales business plus special assignment to automate the scheduling activities of over 100 Representatives at 26 locations with varied operational hours resulting in a 50% reduction in administrative staff. From November 1986 to June 1998 (11 years 8 months)
Dual B.S, Business Administration and Human Resource Management. Minor in Design @ Eastern Illinois University From 1982 to 1986 Deborah Lee is skilled in: Project Portfolio..., Project Implementation, Project Execution, Program Management, SDLC, Full SDLC, Software Project..., Project Delivery, Loyalty Programs, Unica, Databases, Integration, Cross Functional Team..., Product Development, Product Management, Technology Product..., Project Management, PMP, Project Planning, Budgets, Process Improvement, Cross-functional Team..., Requirements Analysis, Training, Performance Management, Business Process, Mobile Devices, Business Strategy, IT Strategy, Outsourcing, Analysis, Vendor Management, E-commerce, Leadership, Quality Assurance, SharePoint, PMO, Business Process..., IT Management, Recruiting, Information Technology, Change Management, ERP, Management, Visio, Enterprise Software, Resource Management, Testing, Call Centers, Business Process...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension