I am a highly motivated software quality assurance engineer with a passion for test automation. I wish to continue learning new technologies and working in new industries, while improving my current skill set. My goal is to work for a company that is as passionate about QA and test automation as I am, and that believes QA
I am a highly motivated software quality assurance engineer with a passion for test automation. I wish to continue learning new technologies and working in new industries, while improving my current skill set. My goal is to work for a company that is as passionate about QA and test automation as I am, and that believes QA is vital to the success of software development.
Specialties:Test automation scripting tools, including Selenium, QuickTest Professional, Visual Basic, VB .NET, VBScript and Java; Testing Client-server applications in a distributed environment, as well SAAS applications; Experience working with offshore teams; experience working in an Agile environment
Sr. QA Engineer @ Choosing and implementing an automation tool for the GUI and CLI of Hitachi Application Protector. Performing all QA tasks with respect to Hitachi Application Protector. From December 2014 to Present (11 months) Waltham, MassachusettsSr. QA Engineer @ Part of Platform QA Team From August 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 5 months) Greater Boston AreaAdvisory Software Engineer @ Technical Environment: Both browser-based and installed products written in Java with Ajax components; Agile work environment using RTC. Quality Center used for test case repository and defect tracking.
When starting with OpenPages (risk analysis product), was responsible for testing the reporting feature using Cognos 8. Was sent to Cognos training in order to be the point person for the reporting feature of OpenPages. Subsequently took over the automated testing suite from Virtusa in India, written in Visual Basic, using QTP as the automation tool to test the GUI portion of the OpenPages product. Currently, I am re-writing the Sanity/Smoke QTP tests into Selenium/JUnit.
• Made extensive changes and fixes to the QTP automated testing suite to make it compatible with the 6.1 version of OpenPages
• The only QE engineer to begin writing Selenium tests using Selenium IDE and Java(JUnit) that run with the nightly build From June 2010 to July 2013 (3 years 2 months) Sr. QA Automation Engineer @ Technical Environment: Both browser-based (Saas) and installed products, .NET, Ajax and Silverlight components; Agile environment using Rally
Wrote automated test scripts using QuickTest Professional for the eWebCapture product, which captured patient data for a hospital visit and scanned in patient charts into a repository, and the EWebHIM product, which is a browser-based application that includes modules for viewing, coding, analysis, completion, and other functions.
• Created the first automated deployment acceptance test which was run with each deployment to production. This cut the testing time for each deployment by 70%.
• Created the first automated smoketest for eWebHIM Viewer, Quality Control, Coding and Reports modules which replaced the manual smoketest for these areas and cut the testing time by 75%.
• Mentored and provided guidance for new team automation team members in Reading and India From July 2009 to March 2010 (9 months) Sr. SQA Engineer @ Technical Environment: Browser-based client/Server application written in Java
Responsible for testing Veritas Configuration Manager, a client/server application used for application discovery and monitoring.
Converted existing QuickTest Professional Scripts used for data population to facilitate manual testing into actual automated test scripts
As the lead automation engineer, implemented coding guidelines for writing automation scripts and presented to the QA team in a PowerPoint presentation
Developed the first automated acceptance test used as an indicator of whether or not the build would be accepted for testing by QA
Designed the first automated smoketest which ensured basic functionality of all areas of the product
Built a mini test automation framework using vbscript which ran the suite of scripts that made up the smoketest and logged results From May 2006 to May 2009 (3 years 1 month) Contract Sr. SQA Engineer @ Technical Environment: Handheld, wireless product, software is written in C++
Responsible for testing the VersaMail conduit, Palm’s email application for their handheld devices.
• Wrote automated test cases with SilkTest
• Performed testing of the Outlook conduits, which transferred data from Outlook calendar, contacts, notes, tasks and memos to the handheld
• Performed testing for the Palm Desktop UI From March 2005 to April 2006 (1 year 2 months) Contract Sr. QA Engineer @ Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer for the Data Restoration group within the Digital Archives Division.
• Wrote test plans and test cases for 3rd-party partner certifications (The 3rd-party partners are companies that Iron Mountain uses for extracting data (email) from media, such as tapes. The emails are converted from their source (MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, etc.) into RFC 822 format)
• Performed acceptance and feature testing on the converted emails
• Wrote test plans and test cases for the Ripper – Iron Mountain’s application for converting emails into RFC 822 format
• Performed acceptance, feature and regression testing From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Contract Sr. QA Engineer @ Technical Environment: Browser-based
Sr. Quality Assurance engineering for the Monster website. Responsibilities include:
• Hired to be the project lead for the Monster Networking project, Monster’s first .NET initiative that would allow Monster users to connect with each other for the purpose of finding a job.Sr. QA engineer in the Monster Business Gateway group – this is Monster’s web service that allows customers to submit data in XML files to the Monster site and also obtain data from the Monster site. The position included working with XML files, Microsoft SQL Server and Perl.
• Wrote automation using Visual Basic to testing the GUI of the website using an automation tool written in VB at Monster. From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Sr. SQA Engineer @ Technical Environment: Client/server application using the .NET framework, Java Swing UI, Java-based API with support for Visual Basic, Java and Progress 4GL clients
Sr. Quality Engineer for Progress Core Products. Responsibilities include:
• Wrote scripts in Visual Basic 6.0 to test the API methods of a new client interface to allow Progress clients to use VB and Java to communicate with their Progress 4GL servers
• Re-wrote the all of the existing scripts (approx. 20) in Visual Basic .NET when the product was converted to the .NET framework.
• Wrote and supported existing Java test automation for the same API when the person responsible for the Java testing left the group From November 1996 to February 2003 (6 years 4 months) Quality Assurance Engineer @ From 1990 to 1992 (2 years)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension