De’Von Carter is a CISSP and CCNP and has over a decade of experience leading projects of all sizes and scales. His experience includes training in project management and senior level network design engineering from a Routing and Switching Perspective, implementation of enterprise wireless solutions, and network access control (NAC). De’Von also has experience preparing networks to
De’Von Carter is a CISSP and CCNP and has over a decade of experience leading projects of all sizes and scales. His experience includes training in project management and senior level network design engineering from a Routing and Switching Perspective, implementation of enterprise wireless solutions, and network access control (NAC). De’Von also has experience preparing networks to meet PCI 2.0/3.0 standards. Currently, he works as a Solutions Architect for BB&T on the Network Infrastructure Architecture team. Duties include ROI analysis, technology research, and high level design development. His research and recommendations are used by senior/executive management to guide budgetary and project startup decisions.
De’Von is formerly the owner of The Carter IT Solutions, LLC, which was an IT Consulting firm that specialized in a wide range of services to include web design, network design and project management. He has worked for a Department of Defense contracting company, where he was responsible for implementing and managing the installation, upgrade, and monitoring of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity for US Naval Vessels. This position's responsibilities also included providing training to user and support staff as well as conducting quality assurance reviews of all installed equipment and configuration of that equipment.
His Education includes a BS in Electronics with a concentration in Computer Networking from East Carolina University, and has earned his MS in Management with a concentration in Information System Security from Colorado Technical University. De'Von has a passion for educating others, and is currently an Adjunct instructor at ITT Technical Institute where he teaches Computer Networking Basics and Intro to Information System Security. He is also in the process of starting a non-profit that will focus on basic technological security education.
Conference Director @ The Conference Director is responsible for providing leadership, management, and oversight for the Raleigh ISSA Triangle InfoSeCon security conference held the first Thursday in October. Ongoing responsibilities include:
* Establishing the conference program (tracks, content, etc.)
* Coordinating the call for papers and final speaker selections
* Outreach to other content providers (bookstore, lock pick village, capture the flag)
* Collaborating with the Raleigh Convention Center personnel on facility reservation and requirements
* Conference meals through 3rd party vendor/caterer
* Selection and coordination of volunteer staff
* Setting and enforcement of all timelines and goals for the conference
* Assisting President and Vice President with securing sponsorships From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaIT Solutions Architect on Infrastructure Solutions Architecture Team @ • Responsible for providing IT Solutions for various Lines of Business within BB&T Bank.
• RFP/RFI Development, High Level Design (HLD) Development, Cost analysis, work force requirement determination, and act as liaison between multiple Lines of Business, various engineering teams, and senior/executive management.
• Participate and present in Application Review Boards (ARB), and Technology Review Boards.
• Assisted with the development of project sizing estimation tool by creating multiple infrastructure architecture designs to be integrated into the tool.
• Infrastructure architect responsible for IT infrastructure design for the PCI Program From August 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaAdjunct Instructor in Computer Network Systems Department @ Currently teaching courses ranging from computer basics, advanced server 2008 and exchange 2007 implementation to bachelors level Information security/ethical hacking courses. From August 2010 to Present (5 years 5 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaAssistant Conference Director @ From January 2014 to December 2014 (1 year) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaCisco Certified Networking Professional (SME) @ Worked on a very short term contract to assist with the development of the CCNP Route/Switch Exam From November 2013 to December 2013 (2 months) Network Systems Analyst III @ • Responsible for providing guidance on projects from a network engineering perspective.
• Primarily responsible for design and implementation of network directly related to BB&T core network infrastructure. This includes changes to ospf, bgp, static routing, Cisco 6500 and 3750 switches in a production environment
• Successfully implemented Cisco NAC (802.1x) infrastructure for Pilot and testing. Design included Cisco ACS 5.3 Servers.
• Responsible to conducting lab testing of new technologies that could advance BB&T Bank’s operational capacity. New Technologies such as Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) relating to network infrastructure security.
• Participated in initial design and lead the implementation of Cisco Wireless Infrastructure deployment for an Enterprise Network. (Over 30 sites around the country)
• Developed Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS) deployment/implementation strategy for rogue access point detection to meet PCI requirements. Also, led the initial deployments using the Mobility Services Engine (MSE), Monitor Mode Access Points, and Enhanced Local Mode (ELM) Access Points
• Create engineering and support documentation for any and all network related projects and new technology implementations
• Provide guidance to network operations team to repair any on-going network design issues.
• Gave formal training to multiple groups on computer networking basics and troubleshooting From April 2010 to August 2013 (3 years 5 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaCisco Certified Networking Associate (SME) @ Worked on a very short term contract to assist with the development of the CCNA Service Provider Exam From January 2013 to January 2013 (1 month) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaFounder/Managing Member @ The Carter is an Information Technology (IT) Consulting Firm that specializes in Local Area Network (LAN) & Wide Area Network (WAN) design as well as Computer Sales and Repair. Some of our other services include Data Migration, Disaster Recovery System Design, and Network Security. We serve home users and businesses of all sizes.
Our Mission at The Carter is to become the top destination for all information technology needs in the Delaware area. The Carter will strive to be a leader in encouraging computer and technology literacy to the youth and elderly in the surrounding communities. Our focus will be customer service and customer education to ensure that customer is well prepared for today's growing technological evolution.
Network Design and Consultation
Data Back-up & Migration
Computer System Cleaning
Wired/Wireless Network Installation
PC Connections From March 2006 to March 2010 (4 years 1 month) Cheif Operating Officer (COO) @ Company Background
Area81 is dedicated to enhancing lifestyles and businesses through digital hardware and software. Through research and development Area81 is always striving to provide customer with the “uber” digital experience because your digital experience is our business. Area81’s core competencies are web development, software design, and graphic design. Area81 also regularly strives to develop new and improved technological ideas to be a leader in technology evolution.
Area81, Inc. has been in existence for approximately 1.5 years. Area81 consist of 3 employees: project manager, web developer, and graphic designer. Area81’s main office is located in Magnolia, Delaware. There is also an additional home office located at 221 Trafalgar Drive, Dover, DE 19904. From March 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 11 months) Dover, Delaware AreaNetwork Engineer @ • Assisting in developing IP Telephony Management Processes/Procedures for CSC service offering
• Validated RFP responses from multiple vendors regarding voice management tools
• Performed basic configuration of Cisco Callmanager and Cisco gateways in a lab environment
• Responsible for developing and implementing network design solutions in a primarily Cisco environment
• Lead service restoration teams in a multi-platform / multi-protocol environment
• Provide escalated support and troubleshooting of enterprise network failures, to include root cause analysis. Network consists of Cisco 7200 routers, 4500 switches, and juniper routers
• Perform basic troubleshooting on checkpoint firewalls using CLI and GUI in an R65 Infrastructure, to include some intrusion detection.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining VPRN networks and extranet connections in an environment consisting of Cisco routers and perform critical evaluations and develop recommendations with regard to network stability and improvement
• Responsible for developing monthly reports to detail the state of the network infrastructure using various network management tools. (i.e. CA Ehealth, EMC SMARTS, SevOne, NetQoS, OpNet Suite, and Apparent Network’s Application Critical tool) From 2005 to 2010 (5 years) Network Technician @ • Configured, managed, and troubleshot Alcatel Switches within a network (2 tier redundant architecture).
• Trained personnel on computer, networking basics to including basic Cisco and Alcatel network equipment configuration.
• Assisted in producing training manuals and templates for those manuals (to ensure accurate and precise training was afforded to US Naval Personnel)
• Conducted lab testing on Next generation Alcatel switches for installation on board US Naval vessels
• Configured Cisco routers to bring into specified standards
• Troubleshot and repaired WAN and LAN outages on-board US Naval vessels
• Assisted in coordination of network equipment installations with multiple vendors From September 2003 to January 2005 (1 year 5 months)
MS, Manangement - Information System Security, 4.0 @ Colorado Technical University From 2003 to 2005 BS, Electronics & Computer Networking, 3.3 @ East Carolina University From 1999 to 2003 De'Von CCNP is skilled in: Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP), Checkpoint Certified Security Admin (CCSA - Expired), Experience with Cisco ACS 5.3 (Security Device), Qualys Guard Certified Specialist - Vulnerability Management, Completed Project Management training, Proficient with Windows Server 2008 installation/configuration, Experience with Juniper Routers, Efficient with Cisco ACE Load Balancers, Experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls, Wireless Networking, Wireless Site Surveys, Cisco Technologies, Juniper, Network Security, Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension