I have over 10+ years of experience in the fields of computer science and machine learning. This includes research and development in both an academic and commercial setting. I have lead projects that spanned a number of different fields including but not limited to; image classification, feature extraction, materials science, solid texture synthesis, image\texture statistics, operating systems,
I have over 10+ years of experience in the fields of computer science and machine learning. This includes research and development in both an academic and commercial setting. I have lead projects that spanned a number of different fields including but not limited to; image classification, feature extraction, materials science, solid texture synthesis, image\texture statistics, operating systems, networking, and security.
Lead Data Scientist @ • Utilized data mining and machine learning techniques to develop models for micro-targeted advertising in the cable telecommunications market.
• Significant and specific experience with random forests, convolutional neural networks, associative rule mining, standard time series modelling, generalized linear models, dimensionality reduction and more.
• Developed custom geographic mapping solutions utilizing Google Earth (GE) and the R statistical computing language. Developed in-house solution for mapping millions of spatio-temporal data points within GE.
• Developed time series models for prediction of customer connects\disconnects using historical competitive pricing data.
• Directed team of data scientists and developers in delivery of products and proof of concepts. Designed curriculum and lead training sessions in data science and machine learning for employees. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Greater Atlanta AreaConsulting Software Engineer\Data Scientist @ • Lead architect and implementer of a web application that allows users to upload titanium micrographs and perform sophisticated quantitative analyses. Technologies used included Ext JS 4, AJAX, jQuery with custom plugin development, HTML5, Canvas, CSS, PHP, MySql, and C++.
• Designed and implemented backend database for storing and querying of high dimensional and multi-modal scientific data
• Developed advanced algorithms for analyzing and quantifying images of titanium microstructures taken with scanning electron microscopes and electron backscatter diffraction. From September 2010 to December 2013 (3 years 4 months) Software Engineer @ • Worked on a development team implementing cutting edge material design research code into a commercial software package.
• Development experience using primarily C# and C++ for creating desktop applications and web-based clients. Technologies used included ASP.NET, Telerik UI Components, and WPF.
• Eliciting software requirements from engineers and scientists. Design and implementation of software systems that fulfill engineering requirements. From June 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 4 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaResearch Assistant @ • Research work concentrating in the overall areas of Computer Networks, Security, Operating Systems, and Home Automation Networks. Contributing specifically to the design and development of a prototype for the Ethernet Speaker, an embedded device that utilizes Ethernet LANs as its audio receiving media in an effort to make a cheaper alternative to existing proprietary analog solutions.
• The design and implementation of a prototype for the Bandwidth Exchange Architecture (Band-X); a microbilling framework for quality of service (QoS) reservations in networks.
• Work was done primarily in C by modifying OpenBSD and FreeBSD kernel level device drivers. From June 2003 to June 2007 (4 years 1 month) Software Engineer Internship @ • Worked for the Distributed Processing Laboratory developing performance tests for various middleware solutions.
• Attained a wide level exposure to middleware software systems including but not limited to; CORBA, SOAP\XML-RPC, Java RMI, ICE, JBoss, TENA, and various IPC facilities in Linux/Unix.
• Trained in proper testing and performance measuring practices. From September 2004 to January 2005 (5 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension