Automation. Continuous Delivery. Measurement. Feedback. Resilience. I thrive when I am able to work with software teams, applying software engineering rigor mixed with an energetic, people-oriented approach, to improve both the technical and cultural aspects of the software delivery process. I've had the fortune to see this approach bear fruit with several high profile application teams, where
Automation. Continuous Delivery. Measurement. Feedback. Resilience. I thrive when I am able to work with software teams, applying software engineering rigor mixed with an energetic, people-oriented approach, to improve both the technical and cultural aspects of the software delivery process. I've had the fortune to see this approach bear fruit with several high profile application teams, where developing solid tooling, and embracing a team-wide ownership of the shipping and operation of the product, has up-leveled the group to a point where the last concern on anyone's person's mind were questions like: "Can we ship it?", "What's up with the build?", "What's the status of the site?", "Is everything alright with the deployment?" "Why did the app store reject us?" etc.
Site Reliability Engineer @ - Authored deployment tools to provide high-available, continuous cloud-delivery of web sites and services across multiple global regions
- Created an extensible platform for monitoring and alerting, which a dev team can easily leverage, extend and build their service on top of
- Design, implement and improve deployment pipelines for highly reliable, no-worry, continuous delivery of software changes.
- Philosophy towards infrastructure that is immutable, repeatable in its creation, throwaway/disposable when unhealthy, and self-healing whenever possible.
- Worked with software teams shipping web sites and web services to engineer tools that eased the development and deployment process, increasing overall reliability and resilience of the services.
- My philosophy is that from code-checkin to app-store submission, or production server deployment, nobody should have to lift a finger, and it should be trivial to know the health of a release at any stage.
- Client side, I've written tools for iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows, mostly using using python, ruby, bash, perl scripting languages as appropriate.
- Server side, I've authored continuous deployment tools for our linux-based web sites and services, running on Amazon Web Services (AWS), using the python and ruby AWS sdks.
- I love finding out just how much work can be automated using a CI Server, virtualization (cloud or local), and a minimal amount of physical hardware.
- Technical experience with: python, ruby, bash, Vagrant, VirtualBox, chef, Android, iOS, jenkins, MySQL, VMware, AWS, MacOS, Windows, linux, ubuntu, CentOS, XCode, git, Perforce From December 2011 to May 2014 (2 years 6 months) Greater Seattle AreaRelease Engineer - Digital Video @ - Authored systems for building, versioning, and releasing the Adobe Create Suite video products.
- Wrote various scripts for QE and engineering to help automate processes:
eg integration with the bug database, integration with licensing libraries
- Technical Experience with: Python, Perforce, Jenkins CI From May 2011 to December 2011 (8 months) Greater Seattle AreaSenior Lead Engineer - Release Engineering @ - Led a team of 4 release engineers
- Coordinated dev/qe builds, and nightly production releases for a 24/7, high transaction web site.
- Triaged with developers, QE and program managers, to meet all release deadlines.
- Created scripts for continuous integration (build/test/deploy) using Perl, Python and shell scripting languages.
- Administered source control system, and VMWare build/test machines.
- Updated and regularly improved the Continuous Integration build/test system. From March 2008 to December 2010 (2 years 10 months) Greater Seattle AreaRelease/Quality Engineer - Adobe Pixel Bender @ - Created/maintained Python automated build/test system, capturing results to MySQL for viewing/reporting.
- Maintained a lab of ~30 hardware machines for GPU testing. From July 2006 to May 2007 (11 months) Greater Seattle AreaEngineering Lead - Release Engineering @ - Designed and implemented a multi-platform, build/test automation framework (Python/MySQL).
- Acted as point-person for a 5-member build team, assisting with workload management, tool design strategy, and client relation issues.
- Administered Perforce source control management system.
- Authored various Python/Perl/shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks across all platforms (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, Windows, MacOS).
- Administered all hardware and software for a forty-machine, production build lab, consisting of windows, macintosh, and unix platforms. From August 2001 to July 2006 (5 years) Greater Seattle AreaDeveloper Support Engineer - InDesign @ - Assisted external developers who were authoring plugins with the Adobe InDesign SDK (c++).
- Fielded support cases on InDesign, InCopy scripting issues (applescript, visual basic). From February 2000 to August 2001 (1 year 7 months) Greater Seattle AreaUnix Systems Administrator @ - Created tools and scripts for monitoring database and unix system performance, doing backups, etc.
- Maintained HP servers, including OS patching, hardware repair, account creation, and disaster recovery planning.
- Co-- administered prod/dev Oracle databases on HP-UX. From August 1998 to October 1999 (1 year 3 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension