Currently, I'm helping the Money Advice Service as a senior software engineer
Currently, I'm helping the Money Advice Service as a senior software engineer building and maintaining large scale commercial tools which see around 2.5 million visitors per month. I'm also passionate about teaching. I've taught a few sessions on web development for the General Assembly.
Generally passionate about agile software development, maintaining code quality, lean delivery and well crafted code. I'm also product and business goals focused with a proven track record of delivering large scale commercial products to market through the complete development cycle. I work well either on my own or with a team.
• Web Frameworks: Rails, Express, Phoenix
• Frameworks/Libraries: Angular.js, React
• MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Behaviour/Test Driven Development
• Jasmine, Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber, Mocha, Chai
Source Code Management
• Git, SVN, Github
Web Service Architectures
• REST, SOA, Flux
• Familiarity with Sprint/Kanban workflow
• Continuous Integration and Deployment
• Configuration Management: Puppet
• Cloud Services: Azure, Rackspace, AWS, Heroku
Senior Full Stack Developer @ The Money Advice Service improves the financial capabilities of millions of people across the UK. As a Senior Developer, my overall responsibility is to design and develop web applications across the full project lifecycle. Notably, I led the development of key projects delivering commercial tools which helped consumers with their home buying journey and managing their finance.
Key technologies I worked with (across different products):
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Designing and implementing APIs for internal and external use.
• Training and mentoring new developers
• Being involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices to be adopted by the Service and sharing experiences. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Lead Engineer @ Propertyflock is a UK based startup designed to innovatively bolster your experience of property search via the use of social media. Taking the concept from idea to the Internet, I've built and managed the development of the entire infrastructure for the company's online portal from the ground up.
My time was also spent looking after junior developers and hacking away on the infrastructure.
Key technologies I worked with:
My other responsibilities as the technical lead included but were not limited to:
• Define technical strategy, programming methodology, testing philosophy, overall standards, best practice and coding conventions whilst overseeing all programming efforts for web and mobile.
• Build and manage web and mobile infrastructure, ensuring product performance, scalability and overseeing all aspects of UI/UX.
The Web Development team manage numerous external websites, including 9 regional marketing sites and 1 global support site, attracting over 100,000 visits per month.
Key technologies I worked with:
As a full stack web developer, I held the following responsibilities:
• Tasked with development of numerous web projects to improve lead generation. I ported one of our key web solutions demo to a Facebook application.
• Worked closely with the UK, US, EMEA and APAC Web Marketing departments to identify, refine and deliver their requirements within agreed timescales.
• Provided development and support of our regional websites for each of our international office (US, FR, AUS, NZ, UK, IRL, NE, SI & CAN).
• Worked with our design department to implement new designs into our website and email solutions. From July 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomSoftware Engineer @ Eight week internship at digital marketing agency specialising in web design and online marketing.
• Contributed to the development and migration of an international client's (Herbalife) website in a £1,000,000 project.
• Provided technical front end assistance and SEO through effective keyword construction and applied link building strategies.
• Coordinated with central web team in the USA on key issues and technical initiatives through project management tools such as Basecamp.
• Major contributions to the project included developing brand awareness through the establishment of a social media campaign and assisting in the engineering of the Content Management System, which was released to 30 countries supporting over 20 languages.
• Additional contributions included global site redesign - creating consistent user interface, competitor
benchmarking and usability testing. From January 2010 to February 2010 (2 months) United Kingdom