Bachelor of Commerce @
University of New South Wales
CMO and Global Marketing professional with over 15 years of business strategy, marketing innovation, consumer insights and talent development. Expertise in defining strategies and translating them into high impact actions, new business and market opportunities, delivering positive financial results for Fortune 100 Companies in global, regional and country roles. Effective management leadership experience having led marketing teams
CMO and Global Marketing professional with over 15 years of business strategy, marketing innovation, consumer insights and talent development. Expertise in defining strategies and translating them into high impact actions, new business and market opportunities, delivering positive financial results for Fortune 100 Companies in global, regional and country roles. Effective management leadership experience having led marketing teams of over 300 across multiple cultures and geographies.
• Executive Management
• Strategic Planning
• Branding, Advertising, Public Relations
• Digital & Social Media Marketing
• Retail & Shopper Marketing
• Financial Analysis, Budget Management
VP of Marketing, Asia-Pacific @ Responsible for developing business solutions to drive acquisition of VISA products through client banks and develop card usage programs to accelerate cardholder spend at the point of purchase. Leading a team of 51 reports, managing over USD100 million annual budget, including capital, operating, social/digital, research, media, production & development and consulting fees.
• Achieved over 15% growth across all products over 3 years. Stabilized market share in the face of strong competition, strengthening the brand portfolio by focusing investment on new growth areas, including Debit (Everyday spend), PayWave (convenient contactless payment) & rising young affluent (Premium Credit).
• Led a 6-country research and developed a new “Always Protected” security strategy targeting mature online/E-Commerce shoppers, which comprised USD1.5 trillion in Asia-Pacific.
• Launched VISA PayWave (contactless) to replace everyday cash transactions in North Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Singapore.
• Accelerated growth in the Cross Border business (Travel): Built strong source, destination corridor programs, rolled out “Travel Happy” integrated marketing communication & aggressively leveraged social media to maintain VISA as the best overall card for international travellers.
• Rapidly built “social at the core” capability across VISA’s Asia-Pacific marketing community. Generated a community size of 1.1 million, delivering 135 million earned impressions.
• Championed a new multi-market proprietary Consumer Payment Landscape study to quickly identify growth segments & priorities for VISA & client banks. From May 2011 to Present (4 years 8 months) SingaporeCMO & EVP Marketing @ Led a team of 76 reports to deliver solutions for Japan market, the largest international market for Coca-Cola. Drove solutions including new product launches, new package introductions, new communication development, expanded media strategies (70:20:10), occasion, brand, pack, price, channel (OBPPC) development & implementation, merchandising equipment and point of purchase messaging. Lead alignment of the franchise bottling system around portfolio prioritization (20+ active brands) and specific actions to convert shoppers to buyers.
• Achieved 4 years of continuous growth on sparkling soft drinks led by the Coca-Cola TM. Strengthened volume, and share on Coca-Cola, drove Coke ZERO growth to be fastest across all international markets and introduced Coke ZERO Free targeting older consumers. Built Fanta TM into a USD1 billion brand at retail by developing & implementing a powerful pipeline of fun innovations.
• Stabilized share & volume on the core profit driver, Georgia Coffee. Introduced innovative new packages to hit key price points (resealable PET & bottle can), new products (new low calorie/no calorie versions) and a new approach to communications and assets.
• Attacked new white space where Coca-Cola Japan had low share. Launched a new water brand ILOHAS to take on strong international & domestic players. Achieved the No. 1 share, volume & value position in small packaged water by end 2009. Leveraged a growing trend in the “eco” movement delivering a powerful idea “small actions can change the world” breaking the category norms.
• Achieved hard savings in agency fees, production & development through new value based agency compensation model, building a dedicated Creative Excellence function and re-aligning research approach & tools. From August 2007 to March 2011 (3 years 8 months) JapanVP, Global Tea & Coffee Category @ From June 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 5 months) Greater Atlanta AreaHead of Marketing & New Beverages, Asia-Pacific @ From January 2002 to June 2006 (4 years 6 months) Hong KongGeneral Manager New Beverages @ From August 2000 to December 2001 (1 year 5 months) Sydney, Australia
Bachelor of Commerce, MArketing @ University of New South Wales From 1986 to 1989 Barker College David Fielding is skilled in: FMCG, Customer Insight, Digital Marketing, Brand Equity, Brand Management, Shopper Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Marketing, Trade Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Brand Architecture, Marketing Management, Market Planning, Consumer Products, Marketing Research
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension