Chairman/Director of TulsaTechFest.com and TechFests.com @
Principal Solution Architect @ Clear Measure
Almost Associates @
Tulsa Community College
Senior software development manager and .NET application/solution developer and architect is seeking a position utilizing broad-based design, development, maintenance, distribution, integration and customization skills combined with project lead and management expertise. Ideal position would offer the opportunity to apply leading edge experience, knowledge and management skills to achieve ambitious technology objectives to deliver business value and ROI
Senior software development manager and .NET application/solution developer and architect is seeking a position utilizing broad-based design, development, maintenance, distribution, integration and customization skills combined with project lead and management expertise. Ideal position would offer the opportunity to apply leading edge experience, knowledge and management skills to achieve ambitious technology objectives to deliver business value and ROI internally and externally.
* Combining over 22 years of progressive experience in the management of information technologies with a keen business sense and the expertise to design innovative systems in order to reduce cost and improve productivity:
- Internet Applications/E-Commerce - Planning & Coordinating - Consulting
- Project Lead/Management - System Migration - Intranet Development
- Installation/Configuration - Programming/Systems Analyst - Database Architect/Design/Administrator
* Broad-based experience analyzing the scope of projects, establishing priorities, and achieved results in a fast-paced, time sensitive, leading edge environment.
* Proven experience leading a team in the development of KnowledgeGEAR, an internet-in-a-box solutions and several different add-on applications including: a centralized employee directory service, a request systems, a project management, a help desk ticket system, a time sheet reporting applications, e-commerce catalog application, virtual conference (chat), newsletter, etc.
Specialties: Extensive expertise in researching and analyzing new and existing technologies, performing systems analyst functions and improving performance of processes.
Application and database architecture, design, development and management,
Sitecore Practice Director @ Driving the Sitecore Practice as we deliver solutions to customers From March 2015 to Present (8 months) Director @ Organize, host and mentor others to provide annual technical training conferences by professionals in the community for the community.
Tulsa, OK started in 2006 and this location has averaged 50-70+ speakers and 500-1000+ attendees every year. NWA (NorthWest Arkansas) in 2010. Many other cities have done their own as well - Houston (started in 2007), Dallas (started in 2008), Indy, Vancouver, Alberta, Indy, Philly, and Washington-DC. http://techfests.com From June 2006 to Present (9 years 5 months) Tulsa, OKOwner @ Application Development, Marketing, and Strategy Consulting Services. Specifialzing in Web Applications. From July 2000 to Present (15 years 4 months) Sitecore Architect in the Digital Cloud Practice @ Delivering Sitecore solutions to customers From April 2014 to March 2015 (1 year) Public Web Architect @ Defines Web architectures and designs for the enterprise. Subject matter expert for public web content management and delivery.
Provides leadership, support and development to user community in the evaluation, testing, development and integration of Sitecore public web projects involving all strategic computer hardware/software projects. Documents development processes and operating environment and provides leadership for development team. Liaison with senior management in Communications, HR and IT.
Keeps abreast of the latest trends and technology related software and IT industry best practices. Identifies and suggests ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
Leads Sitecore development team. Develops enhancements and fixes on the Sitecore CMS platform. Supports the Sitecore development team in global development projects. Supports corporate level end users. Supports users in filling business system requirements for all major business areas in regards to Sitecore. Assists in the development of application project budget definitions. Makes decisions daily to impact issues that affect supporting Sitecore CMS. Prioritizes issues and determines impact of application issue on business environment. Supports outsourced development resources of Sitecore projects.
Coaches and mentors more junior technical and development staff. Participates in design and code reviews. Serves as a mentor to other application development and support resources. From January 2013 to April 2014 (1 year 4 months) Senior Application Development Manager @ With a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen, I will implement broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. I will demonstrate the ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security, help customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities, maintain product group relationships and act as subject matter expert and show my proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. From June 2009 to January 2013 (3 years 8 months) Technical Specialist in the Microsoft Practice Area @ Implementing Sitecore, SharePoint and other Microsoft .NET centric technologies for multiple clients including many Fortune 500 companies. From March 2008 to May 2009 (1 year 3 months) Manager of Software Development and Technical Architecture @ Broad range of responsibilities from management of software development of over 15+ full time and contract developers and database administrators delivering multiple simultaneous projects, software development environment, hosting facility management, candidate interviews, code reviews, technical architecture, initiating and finalizing Microsoft partnership and actual development with a very high end interactive multimedia company that develops high profile and high traffic web sites utilizing multiple enterprise content management systems.
Architected and managed complete client solutions from initial needs assessment interview, scope of work, contract and proposal creation and delivery, as well as, the full software development life cycle of multiple $100K-1.5M projects: www.fanu.com - collegiate sports social networking site in 3-4 months utilizing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and smaller sites utilizing Windows SharePoint Services 2007 (WSS), www.coxhelpcenter.com. From March 2007 to March 2008 (1 year 1 month) Assistant VP Speakers Bureau @ INETA (International .NET Association) is the largest organization that provides excellent speakers, presentations and assistance to .NET User Groups around the world. I am happy to help in any role I can. So, when offered the opportunity to help manage the Speakers Bureau as an Assistant VP I was quick to accept. From July 2006 to May 2007 (11 months) Software/System Architect / Application Management @ Vital member of a global team working in a very versatile and dynamic environment, focusing on system architecture and application management of over 600 applications on 300 servers, utilizing a broad range of technologies: ASP, .NET, Cold Fusion, Java, WebLogic, Oracle 10g PL-SQL, SQL Server TSQL and SharePoint. As a member of this CMMI Level 3 certified organization all assets of the SDLC are held to the most stringent levels of accountability, documentation and maintainability. On 24 x 7 call rotation supporting high volume oil and gas Unix/AIX/Java implementation of GenTran EDI/GISB system.
* Team member tasked with server consolidation of 300+ servers and 600+ applications to 5+ huge servers consisting of multiple virtual servers to be further consolidated into less virtual servers over time.
* Architected and managed Sharepoint 2003 & 2007 install on development and production network load balanced servers. From April 2006 to March 2007 (1 year) Senior Software Developer @ Contract position with a very high end interactive multimedia media company that develops high profile and high traffic web sites (6 of the top 10 per MSN) utilizing ASP.NET C# applications with SQL Server 2000 TSQL Stored Procedures and Triggers. Vastly improved a diversely integrated system utilizing handheld devices transmitting GPS and other data to an ASP.NET 1.1 Web Service and displayed utilizing a previously developed classic ASP application suffering from SQL Server overloaded consumption because of very high traffic was converted to a real time C# Windows Service that generates the sites content using XSLT and Triggers, as a work around solution, until .NET 2.0 and SQL Cache Dependency can be implemented.
* Increased site reliability and scalability of the most problematic web applications efficiently and effectively.
* 24 Hour transaction processing web application dependability and maintainability processing over $200,000 per month. From January 2006 to April 2006 (4 months) Software Developer III @ Developed mission critical banking systems using ASP.NET 90% C# and 10% VB.NET, SQL 2000 TSQL and Visual Studio.NET 2003. Replaced BizTalk 2000 and MSMQ with C# Windows Service to schedule jobs and tasks using: Strongly Typed Datasets, Reflection and Remoting, several reusable C# assemblies: schedule and deliver SQL Server Reporting Services reports, post content to any Sharepoint portal and a generic Telnet component to connect proprietary back end systems. SalesForce.com web services integration and internal Oracle CRM. Quickly fixed problematic C# web app that had been struggling for several years and brought it to a stable and usable state.
• Refactored existing code reducing processing time by 400%.
• Saved $10,000+ in BizTalk licensing by architecting/developing a very extensible framework utilized in 24x7 operations.
• Architected/Developed company’s first smart client application, .NET 1.1 web services backend, .NET 2.0 beta front end. From January 2004 to December 2005 (2 years) Software Engineer/Consultant @ Lead developer in several projects, including: an ASP.NET implementation of a large HIPAA compliant multi-user psychiatric web application helping doctors and patients communicate. A real time VB6 application to process data delivered via email and external web sites. Rewrite of a large Visual FoxPro 6 motor vehicle insurance application to VB6 and Crystal Reports 8.5, there by considerably improving end-user performance and usability. I developed an internal Time Sheet and Project Management System application using ASP.NET and SQL Server 2000. I converted an oil and gas measurement and calculation application from GWBASIC/BASICA to VB.NET.
* Managed multiple projects for a large variety of clients successfully throughout the full Software Development Life Cycle.
* Transitioned easily to VB.NET and C# while developing and architecting multiple ASP.NET and WinForm applications. From April 2002 to January 2004 (1 year 10 months) Software Engineer/Consultant @ Managed multiple projects for a large variety of clients successfully throughout the full Software Development Life Cycle. From March 1998 to March 2002 (4 years 1 month) Director of Product Development @ Utilize leadership and technical skills overseeing a team of developers in the design, development, maintenance, distribution and customization of several applications distributed and sold directly and through reseller channels as a large suite of Intranet Applications under the trade name KnowledgeGEAR; all applications developed using ASP connecting to Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle, Install Shield, completed Help system prototypes using Microsoft HTML Help, WebHELP, and WinHELP systems using RoboOffice. Served on the team in the development of the suite’s install CD GUI using Macromedia Director. Used Macromedia Flash to prototype the integration of advanced user interfaces into the application and developed Visual Basic 6 COM objects for server side deployment and usage in ASP.
Managed full software product suite from concept to shrink wrap and provided initial idea and 90% of 10+ add-ons.
Managed a team of developers and meet the needs of our new and existing customers. From July 2000 to November 2001 (1 year 5 months) Intranet/Desktop Application Developer/Architect for Bank of Oklahoma @ Lead design, development, and maintenance of large mission critical corporate Intranet Apps with accountability for initiating projects using notepad and publishing with Front Page using ASP and SQL Server 6.5 utilizing many TSQL stored procedures, triggers, and user defined functions, including a Business Days and Business Hours calculation between two date and times taking into account company holidays. I created a VB 6 and Crystal Reports windows app that gave the end user the ability to run their own reports with their own criteria at their convenience. I created a Visual C++ ActiveX tree control for use in web apps.
* Saved over $20,000 per month by moving the employee newsletter to their intranet which eliminated printing costs.
* Managed, architected and developed over 20 applications in 13 months, many in critical operational use today years later.
* Mentored three entry level developers leaving them competently maintaining the applications and developing new ones. From March 1999 to May 2000 (1 year 3 months) Consultant: Intranet/Desktop/Database Application Developer/Architect for Texaco @ Designed, developed and maintained large mission critical Internet, Intranet, and Extranet applications using notepad, MS Front Page, Visual InterDev, and HAHT with MS Access 95-97, Oracle 7.2, and MS SQL Server 6.5. This included: corporate records management, knowledge management, web portal, employee directory, group scheduling, messaging, online-conferencing, forms, and knowledge base. I created, maintained and administered several Oracle 7.2 PL-SQL stored procedures and triggers. I developed a dynamic online report server using Access Snapshot control, Visual Basic, ASP, and SQL Server 6.5 stored procedures. I created over 50 reports using Crystal Reports, VB and ASP. Member of the team that developed a multi-tier distributed VB6 windows application.
• Identified potential problems and opportunities that reduced operating cost while enhancing profits.
• This application was able to save Texaco millions of dollars in land rights litigation by finding appropriate land records From March 1998 to March 1999 (1 year 1 month) Application/Internet Developer and Webmaster @ Design/development team of several distributed multi-tier windows applications to achieve scheduling requirements of the U.S. Air Force, using VB 3-5, Delphi 2-3, ASP, and Oracle 7.1 PL-SQL stored procedures.Developed several Internet, Intranet, and Extranet applications using Access 95-97, Oracle, and MS SQL Server TSQL including: employee handbook, phone directory, document repository, group scheduling, messaging, online-conferencing, forums, knowledge base, application release notification, and bug tracking.I created over 50 reports using Crystal Reports. I was involved in the production of documentation utilizing RoboHelp. After proving to company president the benefits, migrated multiple applications to the web for fast delivery and efficiency.Delivered a full suite of applications ranging from VB6, Crystal Reports to Delphi and then moved 90% to the web. Went from team member to team lead/architect; assumed responsibilities for web servers, public and intranet web site. From November 1996 to March 1998 (1 year 5 months) Computer Programmer Dial-up Networking Administrator @ Developed several multi-user applications with Microsoft Access v2 and v7 using Visual Basic for Applications and SQL.
• Architected improvement of processing algorithm which increased efficiency and reduced processing time by over 90%. From November 1995 to November 1996 (1 year 1 month) Microsoft Office/LAN/WAN Help Desk @ Served on a three-member team answering technical migration questions in a call-center environment. I designed websites using HTML, CGI and Perl. Was a Key Temporary Personel Contractor. From October 1995 to January 1996 (4 months) Medical Billing and Server Admin @ Performed medical billing including skip tracing, insurance claims processing, CPT coding, Medicaid/Medicare billing, workers’ compensation, etc. as well as computer support tasks. QNX and HP system backup and nightly jobs. From September 1991 to October 1995 (4 years 2 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension