A dynamic, results-driven leader with diverse experience in sales, support, customer service, conflict resolution, management and operations in high volume environments who focuses on customer enrichment, training and development of specialists and teams. Proven ability to impact results through talent selection, aggressive goal-setting, proactive planning and prioritizing. A committed visionary who supports company growth through empowering individuals
A dynamic, results-driven leader with diverse experience in sales, support, customer service, conflict resolution, management and operations in high volume environments who focuses on customer enrichment, training and development of specialists and teams. Proven ability to impact results through talent selection, aggressive goal-setting, proactive planning and prioritizing. A committed visionary who supports company growth through empowering individuals to meet their career aspirations. A critical thinker with a strong belief in breeding a culture that values camaraderie and exceeding customer expectations.
Specialties: Customer Focus/Service/Relations, B2B/B2C Sales & Development, Retail Leadership, Direct Sales, Merchandising, Member Services, Operations, Loss Prevention, Information Technology, Audio Engineering, Photography, Systems Integration, Digital Media and Design.
Regional Sales Manager @ Catering to the needs of churches, schools, government facilities, corporate and entertainment venues in all 50 states, All Pro Sound is well known for its friendly, expertly trained staff. We are a AVL design-build firm, which allows us to stay connected and involved throughout your construction or renovation project. From the very first phone call to long after your grand opening, our helpful and knowledgeable team of sales people, engineers, designers, and installers will ensure that your integrated audio, video, and lighting solutions are exactly what you need - and at a price you can afford. We look forward to serving you. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Austin, Texas AreaFounder @ Harmonious Discord Recordings has published 40 albums, a host of singles and various artist compilations which can be heard worldwide on DJ mix compilations and internet radio. HD Recordings has been licensed and broadcast for national TV, cable network programming, commercials and video game releases.
Launched print and internet media design marketing strategies for CD and Vinyl LP record pressings and digital distribution of audio masters. Implemented audio production services including engineering, remixing, and mastering of original musical recordings. Produced photography, print methods, graphic design, publishing, and led promotional street & virtual teams. From March 2001 to Present (14 years 10 months) General Manager @ • Promoted to turn around District 40's under-performing flagship location.
• Identified and corrected store standards, procedures and inventory issues.
• Managed and developed all levels of store staff with positive operation and sales metric results.
• Expanded Guitar Center Professional (GC Pro) & GC Garage (Repairs) services, grand opened Platinum Room, and launched GC Rentals services.
• Final support tier of customer service resolution in store and by phone, email and CSAT support tickets, resulting in positive branding, customer loyalty and employee retention.
• Managed P&L and positive EBITDA growth with 2% comp increase in a flat comp market. From January 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 3 months) General Manager @ • Grand Opened GC Store 492, a state of the art musical instrument retail store and lesson facility 9-29-2011.
• Facilitated hiring, training and development of Sales, Operations and Studio staff of 48+ employees.
• Managed merchandising of $1.8M inventory, churn and new revenue gain of $4M+ in 2012.
• Successfully strategized and executed acquisition tactics resulting in 500+ new GC Studios members
• Managed P&L and EBITDA growth while maintaining low shrink results and superb customer service. From July 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 7 months) Advanced Solution Consultant @ • Outbound/Inbound generation and qualification of new sales leads and opportunity development.
• Acquired new business customers and managed the complete B2B sales cycle with ROI analysis.
• Worked closely with Sales Engineers to architect and present hosted IT infrastructure solutions based on customer requirements.
• Executed ongoing business development and project management of existing clients and channel partner relationships.
• Maintained expertise of the product portfolio spanning Managed Hosting, Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Hybrid solutions, SaaS, email and storage array solutions, load balancing, firewalls and security, log management, DNS failover, replication and a host of IT services.
• Versed in Windows/Linux stacks and compliance variables such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA & SOX. From June 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 1 month) Business Manager @ • Implemented the B2B strategy within the retail store and local market, driving incremental revenue through effective account management and continued growth of an opportunity pipeline across new and established business relationships. Managed over 1200 accounts with 300 high level core accounts.
• Lead and inspired the store team to connect with business customers and provide a transformational experience, while fostering long term loyalty within the store and local business community.
• Established, coordinated and delivered business workshops and events in the Apple store.
• Lead training and development initiatives for the Business Teams and provided a knowledge base for product solutions and support services.
• Trained and mentored 6 new Business Managers across the Dallas/Ft. Worth Market.
• Produced 19.5% of store revenue with $1.3M/Qtr average at the Highland Park - Knox St location. From May 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 2 months) Manager @ • Hired and developed a passionate and knowledgeable sales team to create a world-class customer experience through sales leadership and brand representation.
• Increased store staff from 87 to 117 employees and coordinated new hire training while working in the role of People Leader. Increased Genius Bar and Creatives appointment proficiency as new products launched.
• Surpassed metric goals and captured $42M+ store revenue for two consecutive years.
• Executed 12 major product launches, upheld merchandising initiatives, and maintained operational standards with record low shrink results.
• Business Partner support resulted in 14.7% revenue generation increase over prior 2 years consecutive.
• Consistently rated among top scores in the region for Red Zone NPS/NPP. From August 2007 to May 2009 (1 year 10 months) Regional Product Specialist @ • Hired, managed and mentored 3 District Product Specialists spanning the West U.S. Territory.
• Directed training and sales teams resulting in 10% increase in 12 districts.
• Assisted in managing 13 new store openings across the US.
• Authored and administered audio technology certification study guides and testing materials.
• Designed monthly departmental spread for internal information publication.
• Established and nurtured relationships with vendors, field reps, store management and corporate teams.
• Organized vendor sponsored clinics in store, regional and corporate level training events. From January 2005 to August 2007 (2 years 8 months) Regional Division Manager @ • Managed, trained and developed commission based sales experts throughout TX, OK, NM, & AZ markets.
• Produced +13% increase in sales 2 years consecutive. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Assistant Manager @ • Trained and managed 100+ employees in a commission based sales environment
• Aid in sales, support and training of professional audio and recording equipment.
• Performed graphic design duties using Adobe Creative Suite and audio production software applications. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaBusiness Sales Representative @ • Inbound B2B sales calls averaging 50-100 calls per shift dealing with sales and services for business hosting and internet connectivity packages while ensuring customer satisfaction and averaging low call times. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaWeb Hosting Support Tier 2 @ • Supported inbound calls averaging 50-70 calls per shift while troubleshooting Microsoft Frontpage, Earthlink interface controls, server side accounts, domains, zone files and various PC problems.
• Ensured customer satisfaction while averaging low call times. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) JR Network Administrator @ • Maintained and configured Windows NT/95/98 workstations on a Linux based network.
• Supported all levels of hardware, software, OS, server, printer and fax services. From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaTier II Support Rep @ • Support of escalated customers having connectivity problems covering TCP/IP, POP/SMTP services, DNS, modem software, dial up networking, internet settings, browser and email clients and various OS issues. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaData Entry Clerk @ • Created new customer accounts and fulfilled orders for various electronic components. From 1995 to 1996 (1 year)
A+, Network+, Computer Hardware, OS & Networking @ Silicon Valley CLC From 2002 to 2003 Computer Science & Art @ Tarrant County College From 2000 to 2002 David Brown is skilled in: Leadership, Strategy, Management, Sales, SaaS, Direct Sales, Sales Operations, Account Management, Retail, Training, Cloud Computing, Marketing, Customer Service, Sales Management, Audio Engineering