Director of infrastructure transformation @ Genomics England
Global Head of IT Infrastructure @ XL Catlin
Head of Global Infrastructure Tools, Data and Automation | Senior VP @ Bank of America
David is a technology-focussed subject matter expert with a global outlook and over two decades of experience in world-class banking and finance institutions, including Bank of America and JP Morgan. Through identifying areas in need of substantial change and automation, David creates and embeds a culture of technological transformation, which often generates savings of several million-dollars. His
David is a technology-focussed subject matter expert with a global outlook and over two decades of experience in world-class banking and finance institutions, including Bank of America and JP Morgan. Through identifying areas in need of substantial change and automation, David creates and embeds a culture of technological transformation, which often generates savings of several million-dollars. His natural negotiation and relationship management skills drive large teams to succeed in complex and challenging environments, and support rapid business growth through robust strategy development.
*** TECHNOLOGY AUTOMATION ***
Adopted transformational approach to technology automation cost and processes, which leveraged incalculable savings for Bank of America
*** COST REDUCTION ***
Generated cost reduction potential of >$0.5BN though innovative strategic automation and process re-engineering for Bank of America.
*** STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT ***
Designed and implemented regional datacentre strategy to support planned global expansion, as Global Head of Datacentre Operations, JP Morgan
*** GLOBAL IT STABILITY ***
Boosted datacentre operational stability by 100% through execution of remediation programme across
EMEA, JP Morgan
*** PROGRAM DIRECTOR ***
Program director for build of 10K ft2 London datacentre, alongside the exit and migration of five EMEA datacentre sites in 2005, JP Morgan.
*** FUTURE PROOFING ***
Developed and implemented the new ‘One Desk’ unified desktop concept across 60,000 desktops globally in 2000, still a core asset to the bank in 2014 for JP Morgan.
Key Areas of Expertise: Global Infrastructure; Data Centres; Technology Strategy; Product Road Mapping; Strategy Planning; Systems Design; Change Management; Process Automation; Platform Creation; Platform Development; Team Leadership; Technical Subject Matter Expert; Investment Banking Technology; C-level Engagement; Organisational Change; Talent Management
Global Head of IT Infrastructure @ . From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) London, United KingdomHead of Global Infrastructure Tools, Data and Automation | Senior VP @ ● Directed planned efficiencies of global IT infrastructure across the group-wide business with a team of 270 and a budget of $26M.
● Initiated full review of IT function and undertook thorough strategy redesign; generated over $0.5BN in cost reduction potential through automation, and secured $128M budget for three-year transformational ITSM programme with estimated 3 year saves of circa $500M.
● Established and rolled-out global datacentre, storage, server workflows to increase data quality across the business.
● Global infrastructure data steward, accountable for infrastructure data quality and CMDB strategy. Recognised in 2013 as a leading example across all the bank data efforts. From January 2011 to May 2014 (3 years 5 months) London, United KingdomHead of Global Automation & Database Management | Senior VP @ ● Fully automated all manual tasks and directed database functions within the investment bank; led a team of 80 Database Administrators and a budget of $10M.
● Planned and launched full automation solution to increase efficiency across the entire enterprise; presented business case and secured Board approval for automation funding of $6M.
● Launched run-book automation solution across 6000 databases and 30,000 servers; yielded savings of $4.5M. From January 2010 to December 2011 (2 years) London, United KingdomHead of Datacentre Tools & Processes & EMEA DC Operations | Senior VP @ ● Reviewed and transformed quality of global datacentres from the ground up to provide efficient service and allow for business-critical disaster recovery and succession planning that supported worldwide expansion plans.
● Created three new datacentres and closed four existing sites as part of a group-wide technology rationalisation programme. From January 2008 to December 2010 (3 years) London, United KingdomEMEA Head of Datacentre Operations | Senior VP @ ● Single-handedly led EMEA datacentre operations, facilities and technology management to support the JP Morgan wider business initiatives, managing a technology budget of $130M and a team of 58.
● Enhanced datacentre stability to near 100% through creation and launch of remediation programme.
● Cut costs by $1.3M, which included significant headcount reduction, whilst extending support to provide 24/7 cover across the business.
● Launched ‘DC University; programme to enhance quality of training. From January 2005 to January 2008 (3 years 1 month) London, United KingdomEMEA Datacentre Manager | Senior VP @ Directed EMEA datacentre operations with a technology budget of $400M. Revolutionised strategy and significantly increased capacity; established and rolled-out formal datacentre plans and ensured global adoption by department heads. From January 2004 to January 2005 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomEMEA Distributed Infrastructure Manager @ Steered merger with Chase Manhattan from the technology perspective to deliver $22M in cost savings through leadership of strategic consolidation programmes. From January 2001 to January 2004 (3 years 1 month) London, United KingdomGlobal Engineering Manager @ From 1990 to 2001 (11 years) London, United KingdomSoftware Specialist @ From January 1985 to January 1990 (5 years 1 month) London, United KingdomSystems Programmer @ From January 1983 to January 1985 (2 years 1 month)
BSc Honors, Computer and Microprocessing Engineering @ University of Essex From 1980 to 1983 David Ardley is skilled in: Unix, Perl, Linux, Solaris, Shell Scripting, Operating Systems, Unix Shell Scripting, TCP/IP, Investment Banking, ITIL, Data Center, Capacity Planning, IT Management, Enterprise Architecture, IT Operations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension