Sr. Sales Engineer @ Coverity, Inc. (www.coverity.com), the development testing leader, is the trusted standard for companies that need to protect their brands and bottom lines from software failures. More than 1,100 Coverity customers use Coverity's development testing suite of products to automatically test source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior,
Sr. Sales Engineer @ Coverity, Inc. (www.coverity.com), the development testing leader, is the trusted standard for companies that need to protect their brands and bottom lines from software failures. More than 1,100 Coverity customers use Coverity's development testing suite of products to automatically test source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior, security breaches, or catastrophic failure. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Greater Denver AreaTechnical Account Manager @ Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation, is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981 and its technology is found in more than 500 million products
As a Wind River TAM, I am the technical “trusted advisor” between our customers and account management, ensuring that our customers receive the highest level of technical guidance pre- and post-sales; this includes gaining a thorough understanding of our customers’ environment, business goals, and technical requirements. l lead technical product presentations and demonstrations to executives, management- and engineering-level audiences
In covering accounts in Colorado and Utah, I have advised customers on the most optimized means of using Wind River’s products (especially VxWorks, WR Linux) and Professional Services in the following markets: networking, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace & defense, and storage. Some of my customers included HP, Avaya, Lockheed Martin, Qualcomm, Raytheon, Seagate, Ball Aerospace, Konica Minolta, Ericsson, Gambro/Caridian/Terumo BCT, and Woodward Inc.
• President’s Club 2001, 2009
• Achieved above 100% of sales quota in a majority of the years covering technical accounts in Colorado and Utah From August 1999 to August 2013 (14 years 1 month) Promotional Videographer and Producer @ As a freelance video producer, I specialize in creating high-caliber, professional videos … whether it is a wedding, a non-profit organization event, a concert, or a digital resume for a talented high school senior soccer player. I will take your message, target it, and transform it into a concise and meaningful array of pictures, words, and sounds. I have done over 100 weddings and enjoy creating a final post-production video that highlights someone’s special event. I edit in Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium. From 1997 to 2009 (12 years) Project Manager / Sr. Software Engineer @ Doctor Design provides software and hardware engineering services developing complex consumer and industrial products for technology companies such as Sony, DirectTV, Bang & Olufsen, and Disney. Products ranged from digital video set top boxes to high-resolution video cameras to portable consumer gadgets. Anything that needs embedded software. Integrated Systems bought Dr. Design later.
• Managed a group of S/W Engineers who did a successful arch port to a real time operating system and software development tools for the Mitsubishi M32R CPU.
• Worked with a team that ported Sun Microsystems Java Virtual Machine to run on the pSOS real-time operating system. Developed Java apps to test.
• Software development for a set top box used in the UK for SwissCom From 1995 to 1999 (4 years) Senior Consultant - Software Engineering @ Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. NYSE: BAH, is an American consulting firm headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with 80 offices throughout the US. It is recognized as one of the most prestigious technology consulting firms in the world and one of the best consulting firms to work for by Consulting Magazine. Booz Allen Hamilton is engaged in providing management and technology consulting services to the United States government and commercial services.
• Assisted the program manager in gathering and analyzing data, developing metrics and proposing recommendations to the client.
• Developed software in C++/Windows for various US Navy ship monitoring and logistics systems. Wrote software requirements, design specifications, and users manuals. From 1992 to 1995 (3 years) Senior Software Engineer @ Titan Corporation was a company founded in 1981, headquartered in San Diego, California. Titan provided information systems solutions, support services and communications products to the Federal Government, especially to the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security.
• Wrote software design requirements documentation and coded acoustic detection display software for Surveillance Towed-Array Sensor System (SURTASS) which provided mobile detection, tracking, and reporting of submarine contacts at long range. SURTASS is the mobile element of the Integrated Undersea Surveillance System, the follow-on to the SOSUS system made famous by Tom Clancy’s "The Hunt for Red October" novel. When the movie came out, our team was excited to see the first showing because it depicted some of what we were working on. A NRaD/SPAWAR program. I had a Secret security clearance. From 1989 to 1992 (3 years) Software Engineer @ Systems Exploration was a military software/system think-tank.
• Wrote design documents and coded software for a simulated Marine Corps war-gaming system used at Camp Pendleton, CA - Tactical Warfare Simulation Evaluation & Analysis System (TWSEAS) From 1985 to 1988 (3 years)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Mathematics, Emphasis in Computer Science @ San Diego State University-California State University From 1983 to 1985 Dave Engelken is skilled in: Sales Engineering, Software Sales, Product Demonstration, Solution Selling, Pre-sales, Virtualization Technology, Professional Services, Embedded Systems, Embedded Software, RTOS, Software Engineering, Value Selling, Software Development, Linux, Device Drivers
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension