I have been programming computers since 7th grade when my dad taught me C. From my first program I knew that I wanted to write programs for a living. My first job out of college threw me into the world of web development where I was able to apply and expand what had previously just been a
I have been programming computers since 7th grade when my dad taught me C. From my first program I knew that I wanted to write programs for a living. My first job out of college threw me into the world of web development where I was able to apply and expand what had previously just been a hobby. From there it grew into backed logic and SQL databases. I am work from the UI all the way down backend logic and databases. My favorite thing is imagining and designing user interfaces that are intuitive and easy to use. In today's fast paced world, an app that is difficult to use will not be used. I approach my tasks thinking about a user will interact with the feature.
Sr. Software Engineer @ At Placed, I am working on the Android applications, helping bring them up to use newer frameworks and technologies. From November 2015 to Present (1 month) Sr. Software Developer @ At Interactive Intelligence, I have taken a step away from the world of Web UIs and applications. I have developed REST APIs in Java that run on Amazon's AWS. These APIs are the interface between our proprietary telephony appliance and the PureCloud platform. I then moved to the Mobile team. I work on the native Android applications that give a user a better experience than trying to use the web application in a mobile browser.
● Work on a native Android app to give a user the power of the desktop web app in a form that makes sense on a phone
● Leverage my knowledge of CoffeeScript, AJAX, and JSON to figure out how the web app works so that the Android app can offer a consistent experience
● Worked on the Core Platform team writing REST APIs in Java that run on AWS
● Worked on web services that can listen to changes in the cloud and react quickly to update the telephony appliance with new information
● Work closely with the UI, UX, and other cloud services teams to develop contracts to handle the appropriate information so that my services can update the appliance appropriately
● Work closely with the appliance team to design and work out requirements and acceptance criteria so the appliance can interface with the cloud
● I participated in several feature teams at the same time in order to quickly develop and implement new features for the product From January 2014 to November 2015 (1 year 11 months) UI Engineer @ My time at 6fusion may have been short but it gave me hands on experience with the backbone of what major web applications use today. I quickly picked up Backbone JS, Handlebars, and Ruby-on-Rails and dove into the application.
● I reimagined and implemented the new user experience to ease starting out with the 6fusion platform
● Hunted and fixed several front end bugs
● Gained experience with Backbone.js, Ruby, Rails, and RSpec
● I imagined, designed, and implemented responsive and easy to understand interfaces for complex business logic
● Worked closely with the Support Team to develop tools to help them answer customer questions without the need to escalate cases to engineering
● Helped design and implement a framework for integrating the main web application with WatiN, allowing the QA team to migrate from QTP and empowering the web developers to write tests for their own code
● Designed and developed a program to monitor build status and push updates to iPhone and Android devices
● Designed and created reusable controls that could be used almost anywhere in the UI that allowed users to select data stored in inventory for various tasks
● In a small group, I helped develop a grid using ASP.Net MVC framework, including a way to allow a user to filter any column with validation based on the data type of the column
● Lead the development of Actionable Reporting, a complete redesign of the Paid Search product which gave the user all their data and the ability to act in a single place
● Participated and voted best project in several Developer Day projects where engineers were free to explore new technologies that could benefit the application From May 2008 to July 2013 (5 years 3 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaWeb Developer @ MetaMetrics is the company behind the Lexile framework for reading. While at MetaMetrics I worked on many public facing projects from the general maintenance of the corporate website to interfacing with the Python backend through XML-RPC.
● Using Agile methodology, I helped with the full life cycle of several projects including: initial ideas, requirements gathering, story boarding, design, development, implementation, and customer support
● Principal developer on a full cycle (requirements gathering to deployment) ground-up redesign for the Lexile website, including three new web applications
● Modified and extended an existing rich Java Webstart client and Servlet backend, enhancing the security features and improving accessibility and reliability
● Worked on a full cycle web wizard application to guide a teacher in creating a lesson plan package that included lesson details, worksheets, web resources, and textbook lessons
● Provided clients and users with technical support for all the company’s web-based applications From May 2006 to May 2008 (2 years 1 month) Software Developer @ Back before there was Google Maps, ESRI was a major player an digital GIS software. Geographic Technologies Group built highly configurable and easy to use software that didn't take expensive trainings and certifications to use. As part of the GTG team, I worked on a variety of products and tasks.
● Lead the redesign and upgrade from the web application from a VB6 ActiveX control to Microsoft ASP.NET 1.1
● Lead the redesign from a standalone VB6 application to a client-server application in VB.NET 1.1
● Maintained and migrated the client database from MS Access to SQL Server 2000
● Gathered requirements, designed, and implemented a new license key system for all distributable products From October 2003 to May 2006 (2 years 8 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension