Senior Developer in R&D and Prototype Department @
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Data Fok is a 14 year veteran of using both web and mobile technologies and social media to build digital applications for businesses, organizations, and individuals. Computer has been hardwired in his blood since young, he then further strengthened his knowledge in University of Wisconsin – Madison double majoring in Computer Engineering and Computer Science and graduated
Data Fok is a 14 year veteran of using both web and mobile technologies and social media to build digital applications for businesses, organizations, and individuals. Computer has been hardwired in his blood since young, he then further strengthened his knowledge in University of Wisconsin – Madison double majoring in Computer Engineering and Computer Science and graduated with distinction. On top of technological knowledge, he got his MBA from HKUST, Top 1 MBA in Asia.
Data worked across countries and industries. After working for a digital publication preservation project in Stanford University in the United States, he moved to work for an educational toy company in China. Later, he worked for a massively popular online restaurant review portal in Hong Kong. Currently, he is working in a multinational company providing software solution to the financial sector.
Data involved in various voluntary works as well. He traveled to South Thailand to help villages affected by the flood. He also volunteered in youth training program in rural China. He also provided pro bono service to NGO such as being a fundraising consultant for Asian Charity Services and being a business strategy consultant to social enterprise. He was also the leader of HKUST team for the MBA Charity Challenge of Operation Santa Claus 2013.
System Analyst @ From September 2014 to August 2015 (1 year) Senior Developer in R&D and Prototype Department @ • Lead and coach a distributed agile team to work on various high scalability projects, including single sign-on system (AD FS) and Wall Street Journal and FinanceAisa portals which cover ECM, DCM, M&A and Loans Markets
• Optimized ASP.NET MVC C# web applications and improved one application performance by 284% From June 2011 to August 2014 (3 years 3 months) Hong KongSenior Analyst Programmer @ • Worked as both IT and Project Team Lead to expand a popular restaurant review site, with upward of millions of monthly unique visitors, to Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia
• Liaised with overseas offices to build and customize highly scalable and extensible web frontend, backend and mobile systems and successfully launched the platform in 4 countries in 1 year
• Participated in market research to investigate market need, market trend and product positioning results in launching 4 products and a website in 4 years.
• Improved product and sales strategy based on studying user feedback and user behavior resulted in 30% increase of sale. From November 2005 to May 2009 (3 years 7 months) Software Engineer @ • Worked in an interdisciplinary team to enhance and expand the LOCKSS system (an open source, peer-to-peer digital archival and preservation appliance in Java)
• Integrated an open source OAI harvesting crawler to the LOCKSS system resulted in a multi-folded improvement in content update efficiency
• Designed and implemented UAT test to validate the functionality of the web applications in different operating systems and different browsers
• Revamped the Center’s website in 1 month and in charge of the daily operation of the website From June 2002 to February 2003 (9 months) Madison, Wisconsin Area
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ Hong Kong University of Science & Technology From 2012 to 2014 BS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science @ University of Wisconsin-Madison From 2000 to 2003 La Salle College From 1993 to 2000 Data Fok is skilled in: Entrepreneurship, Competitive Analysis, Strategy and Strategic Planning, SWOT analysis, Project Management, Business Development/Relationship Management, Social Media Marketing, Digtal and Online Marketing, User Interface Design, Software Engineering Management, Management Consulting, Fundraising Consulting, Google Analytics, Mobile Development, Cloud and Distributed Computing