Accomplished Buyer with 14 successful years of Supply Chain, Procurement, Purchasing, and Inventory Management experience. The Senior Grocery Buyer in a high volume distribution center recognized by General Manager for achievements in all areas of performance metrics and leadership skills; supervised over high performing procurement staff of 5 Buyers and 2 Clerks; directed and engaged other buyers
Accomplished Buyer with 14 successful years of Supply Chain, Procurement, Purchasing, and Inventory Management experience. The Senior Grocery Buyer in a high volume distribution center recognized by General Manager for achievements in all areas of performance metrics and leadership skills; supervised over high performing procurement staff of 5 Buyers and 2 Clerks; directed and engaged other buyers in meeting and exceeding our department goals in sales, service level, inventory turns, and profits. Worked as a government sub-contractor in procurement, sourcing vendors to provide materials, parts and supplies, in addition to managing and negotiating service contracts to meet plant operational requirements for the safe and successful destruction of chemical weapons. Experience also as the Buyer for an Electronics Manufacturing facility of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Mobile Data Terminals for both the vehicle and industrial markets.
Specialties: Special focus on Forecasting, Inventory Management and Profit Buying
Senior Buyer @ From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) Buyer II @ From September 2012 to April 2013 (8 months) Buyer @ • Procurement and Inventory Management of over 4,800 parts and materials including electronic components, displays, printed circuit boards, and proprietary enclosures to support the manufacturing and production of industrial and mobile data terminals.
• Coordinate purchasing activities with planning, sales, and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner to maintain a flowing production schedule. From January 2012 to September 2012 (9 months) Greater Salt Lake City AreaBuyer III @ • Purchase and Procurement of fabricated materials, tools, building supplies, various chemicals, and numerous spare parts in compliance with the government acquisition process set forth in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) policies for Chemical Demilitarization operations.
• Process Purchase Requisitions and create Request for Quotes and Request for Proposals for submittal to vendors for bids, negotiates with vendors on sub-contract modifications.
• Prepare award documentation to include Purchase Order, appropriate FAR clauses, terms and conditions, record and build procurement files documenting all buying activities involved in the purchase to include correspondence between buyer, requestor, and vendor representative.
• Oversee procurement activities for Master Ordering Agreements and Service Contracts between URS/EG&G DMI and Vendors for Maintenance and Operations. From September 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 5 months) Greater Salt Lake City AreaSENIOR BUYER @ • Assisted in overseeing all aspects of Grocery Department for Supply Chain Manager including directing Buyers in Profit Buy-ins, generating weekly AD doc’s and item spreadsheets, creating quarterly projection spreadsheets for all Grocery Buyers.
• Procured items from over 260 vendors and Forecasted Inventory levels on over 2,400 sku’s in Dairy, Cheese, and Bakery From September 2005 to June 2010 (4 years 10 months) GROCERY BUYER @ • Procurement and Replenishment Buying of over 3,200 sku’s in Grocery, Frozen and Bakery Department
• Forecasted and Calculated sufficient inventory for Grocery, Frozen and Bakery Ads From November 2002 to September 2005 (2 years 11 months) GENERAL MERCHANDISE/DRUG MANAGER Utah Division @ • Maintained shelf and backroom inventory to support customer demand
• Developed creative sales events to increase sales and profits From August 1996 to November 2002 (6 years 4 months) ASSISTANT GROCERY MANAGER Utah Division @ • Managed total store operations in absence of Grocery Manager and Store Director From September 1990 to August 1996 (6 years) GROCERY CLERK Utah Division @ • Stocking, Ordering, Merchandising, of Frozen and Dairy departments From January 1984 to September 1990 (6 years 9 months)
Associates of Science Degree @ Snow CollegeUtah State University Darrin Mitchell is skilled in: Customer Service, Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, Purchasing, Procurement, Replenishment Buying, Forecast Demand Planning, Spreadsheet Applications, Problem Resolver, Strong Written Skills, Highly Organized, Open Communicator, Honesty and Integrity, Contract Management, Forecasting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension