VP of Content & Social/Digital Media @ Golfstream Inc.
VP, Social Media @ AC Boardwalk Con
As a highly strategic, creative and organized thinker with successful campaign experience orientated on results and ROI, I have 9+ years experience in Social Media/Digital Marketing/Production within the entertainment industry. I have worked on behalf of Stan Lee (co-creator of Spider-Man, Ironman, The Avengers) as well as leading/coordinating initiatives with top brands, celebrity talent and corporate VPs
As a highly strategic, creative and organized thinker with successful campaign experience orientated on results and ROI, I have 9+ years experience in Social Media/Digital Marketing/Production within the entertainment industry. I have worked on behalf of Stan Lee (co-creator of Spider-Man, Ironman, The Avengers) as well as leading/coordinating initiatives with top brands, celebrity talent and corporate VPs across a variety of digital teams, both domestically and internationally (Australia, Brazil, UK). I am a great communicator having worked with C-Suite Executives and Marketing Teams. I also have solid experience in campaign execution for Fortune 500 brands and beyond, and has cultivated a deep pop culture knowledge to draw from. Additionally, I'm well versed in many aspects of production, with the ability to spot opportunities and turn them into tangible results.
As an accomplished producer, writer, actor & New York native, I started my career right out of high school at the age of 18 playing “Nitro G” on Stan Lee/Sy-Fy Channel’s “Who Wants to be a Superhero.” After which, Lee personally asked Darren to come work for POW! where I became the New Media Specialist. My duties included working directly with Stan Lee to provide the voice for Lee’s internet presence, overseeing & producing most of the social media, digital content, production, & PR. I was then promoted & became an executive producer & writer on several projects & series currently in development where I oversaw Stan Lee’s Premium YouTube Channel “Stan Lee’s World of Heroes.” I've been on camera talent for many shows, including TheRealStanLee.com, “Mask & Cape” & “UnCONventional”.
As a personal passion, I formed Agents of Mayhem, a Production/Consulting company focusing on script writing, production, creative consulting, branding, music and social media/web development for celebrities, studios and high end VIP clients. A.O.M keeps me dialed in on both the entertainment industry and social market.
Founder, Producer, Writer, Actor, Creator, Influencer/Brand Ambassador, Ultimate Connector @ • Strategizing campaigns & productions with budgets ranging from 0-$75,000. Clients include: World Champions San Francisco Giants, Marvel, Golfstream, Superhero You, Kwik Learning, Feld Entertainment, Stephen Moyer & Anna Paquin, Weev, Gamevice, Warner Bros., Loot Crate, Fashion Blogger Marta Pozzan, Cam Caddie, Teespring, SPPR Inc, Andy Garcia, Promo Guys Marketing Group, AC Boardwalk Con, Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo, Advanstar, J.A.B, Afterbuzz TV, Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment, 1821 Productions, Caffeinated Club, MTV, AXS TV to name a few.
• Creative Consultant, Writer, Co-Producer, Actor for Automaton Productions, as well as for award-winning writer J.D. Shapiro (Robin Hood: Men in Tights, We Married Margo)
• Creating/implementing Superhero You Digital Media/Production, producing and content creation/strategy
o Working directly with founder Jim Kwik From May 2007 to Present (8 years 8 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaVP of Content & Social/Digital Media @ • Creates/Produces content for Golfstream, including but not limited to, video, graphics, photos, digital, etc.
• Organizes/works with crews,including but not limited to cameras, equipment, video, graphics, photos, etc,
• Creates/works on content and social strategy from conception to execution and beyond From July 2015 to Present (6 months) VP, Social Media @ • as a Founding member, I work with the Founder, CEO, Creative Director and VP, Business development and marketing to create and manage Internet/Social Media presence and web original content/marketing, as well as:
Create, write, produce, film and edit ACBC videos and photography
Organize production crews
Strategize marketing and brand efforts
Sponsorship opportunities From December 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Freelance @ Website consultant & Host From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) Social Media Consultant @ Works directly with Weev.net to create and manage Internet/Social Media presence and web original content/marketing as well as digital brand managment From May 2014 to October 2015 (1 year 6 months) Brands Activations Manager @ Works directly with CEO and Chairman to coordinate Brand Activations, Product Placement and Sponsorship Opportunities as well as marketing both digital and traditional.
Works with Marketing Manager to coordinate social and digital presence/strategies. From September 2014 to June 2015 (10 months) New Media Specialist @ • Works personally with Stan Lee as sole representative and creator for Internet/Social Media presence and web original content. Create, write, produce, film and edit all POW! Entertainment videos and photography. Write, read, edit and critique scripts for potential projects, seeing them from their inception to finish as well as Editor-in-Chief and creative consultant for TheRealStanLee.com. Reports to Stan Lee himself and Yuka Kobayashi Director of New Media.
• Solid experience with managing POW!’s partner relationships across brand marketing, celebrity talent, outreach towards teams and a key player in developing new and unique business strategies for POW!’s campaigns. I work closely with bloggers, writers and media case studies, as well as working with and coordinating new partnerships with celebrity talent and various other entertainment companies to further the POW! Brand: Disney, Marvel Studios, Sony, NBC/Universal, Marc Cuban’s AXS TV, Hasbro, Mattel, Dr. Pepper, MTV, Kevin Smith, Epix, iPic, CAA, WhoSay, Google, Wizard World, Hot Topic, Yoshiki, Spike, UbiSoft, Activision, Midnight Oil Creative, Victory Studios/HD Films and WB Games, just to name a few.
• Under my guidance and leadership I have built Stan Lee’s and POW!’s social and internet presence from the ground up to over 6 Million plus, in the last 2 years, organically, working with social, marketing and production budgets ranging from 0-$75,000.
• Successfully strategized $75,000 not-for profit Stan Lee Foundation launch campaign in 2010. I worked with both domestic and international teams, including Talent House, in social/trans-media marketing, contests, party, charity auction, New York Comic Con 2010, film/production crew and arranged interviews with award-winning actor Alan Cumming and songwriter Ne-Yo, just to name a few, gaining national and international recognition. From July 2006 to June 2015 (9 years) Stan Lee's World of Heroes New Media Specialist / Producer @ • Head of Social Marketing, Producer for Stan Lee’s World of Heroes. Premium YouTube commissioned channel in partnership with Michael Eisner’s Vuguru, a dedicated special project that speaks to our larger partnerships I did at POW! Under my guidance and leadership I built social and Internet presence from the ground up organically, working with show and marketing budgets that ranged from 0-$250,000. It has gained 249,466 channel subscribers and 22,243,153 channel views. Successfully strategized $20,000 San Diego Comic Con 2012 campaign, which included social/trans-media marketing, contests and prizes, gaining us 1 Million channel views and 50,000 subscribers.
• Key player in working with and coordinating new partnerships with celebrity talent and various other entertainment companies to further the SLWOH Brand, NBC/Universal, Marvel Studios, Dr. Pepper, MTV, Felicia Day, Freddie Wong, iJustine, Chris Hardwick, CAA, Google, UbiSoft, just to name a few, as well as a key player in developing new and unique business strategies, as well as working closely with bloggers, writers and media case studies.
• Creator, writer, producer and on air talent of “UnCONventional” a Convention travel show on the channel through Agents of Mayhem with an operating budget of $30,000 for travel and production of 6 episodes. Gaining the channel over 100,000 channel views in that 6-month period. From March 2012 to March 2013 (1 year 1 month) Certified Special Needs Child Care Worker @ Certified Special Needs Child Care Worker.
Worked one on one and in a class room environment with Children living with special needs, teaching them:
Group integration/interaction From July 2011 to January 2012 (7 months) Entertainment Liaison, Sales Associate @ Product sales, inventory management & client relations. Create, produce, film & edit store events & celebrity appearances/signings. From June 2005 to September 2010 (5 years 4 months) Camp Counselor, Certified Special Needs Child Care Worker @ Worked one on one and in a class room environment with Children living with special needs, teaching them:
Group integration/interaction From June 2005 to August 2008 (3 years 3 months)
BA, Film @ City University of New York-Hunter College From 2005 to 2008 Darren Passarello is skilled in: Film, Short Films, Entertainment, Video Production, Video Editing, Video, Film Production, Editing, Screenwriting, Final Cut Pro, Post Production, Producing, Television, New Media, Videography