I have over 19 years of experience building and scaling consumer products and services in ecommerce, automotive and finance industries and was previously Head of Marketing and Site Experience at eBay Motors, overseeing product strategy and marketing teams for the largest automotive marketplace in the world and the biggest vertical on the eBay marketplace. I led agile
I have over 19 years of experience building and scaling consumer products and services in ecommerce, automotive and finance industries and was previously Head of Marketing and Site Experience at eBay Motors, overseeing product strategy and marketing teams for the largest automotive marketplace in the world and the biggest vertical on the eBay marketplace. I led agile product teams to pioneer Social at eBay with a string of innovative product launches that included one of the first Facebook social games and eBay’s biggest community platform that powers personalization for over 13 million monthly users. I also oversaw groundbreaking marketing campaigns and won a Cannes LION award in 2013. Prior to eBay, I managed B2C and B2B marketing at AAA, HSBC, Ford and Merrill Lynch. I have a BA in History from the University of California, Los Angeles, and received my M.B.A. from the Anderson School at UCLA. I'm the inventor on 3 U.S. Patents and speaks 4.5 languages.
• Innovative product & marketing leader in consumer web, e-commerce, personalization, mobile, local & social commerce with over 15 years of experience.
• Built eBay's first & most successful Facebook integration.
• Proven leadership in building and executing business models and monetization strategy
• Data-driven approach to building great user-centric innovations using agile, A/B testing & UX research
Co Founder & CEO @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Head of Marketing and Site Experience, Motors @ Led a team responsible for B2C, B2B marketing strategy and product marketing for eBay’s biggest vertical. eBay Motors receives more than thirteen million unique visitors a month, ranking it in the top 10 for e-commerce properties. Primary goals were to drive traffic, increase conversion, and scale engagement of existing users. Main levers were online marketing channels, trade shows and event marketing, and product marketing.
> Key Accomplishments:
-Built the first mobile & web personalization engine and social network on eBay, Garage, and scaled to 6+ million profiles (170%+ YoY growth for 3 years). Led a cross-functional research, agile design and dev team to design an interest graph mapping platform that drives engagement, retention and incremental sales.
-Accelerated merchandising program to generate 220%+ YoY growth in incremental sales by building a team to source inventory & manage promotions through a new consumer experience.
-Created an award-winning innovative video-based brand marketing campaign, Built by eBay Motors (Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity); drove significant uplift in 90% of brand attributes such as awareness & consideration.
-Delivered above 20% growth in traffic contribution from key channels such as SEM, affiliates, display, social, email, PR and SEO marketing by forging strong relationships with partners and maximizing goal alignment and budget allocation to the Vehicles and Parts & Accessories categories. From September 2011 to April 2015 (3 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Product Marketing Manager, Buyer Experience, Motors vertical @ -Built Bling My Ride, eBay’s first social media integration with Facebook and grew MAUs to over 400k. Pioneered eBay’s social strategy with its first vertical Twitter handle & Facebook page by establishing a framework for engagement, customer service and secured resources to grow these channels through an iterative combination of content creation and paid marketing.
-Launched algorithmic search on the Motors site and managed A/B testing process to optimize relevance in parts and vehicle categories. Defined KPIs and test designs with Analytics. Contributed over 10 points of growth in last two years to key categories. From October 2008 to August 2011 (2 years 11 months) Manager, Dealer Business, Motors Vertical @ -Built the industry-first and patented integrated vehicle history report feature (2 US patents granted) and drove major consumer trust initiatives to establish eBay as the #1 trusted marketplace for cars. Conducted consumer research & analyzed NPS data to make investments in critical buyer protection programs such as Vehicle Purchase Protection and the vehicle inspection program. NPS trust KPIs increased over 10% YoY.
-Established new seller channel for Vehicles vertical. Developed eBay’s first dealer subscription model program to target OEM-franchise dealerships. Customized enterprise billing system and lead delivery platform to fit customer invoicing and CRM needs. Revenue increased 400% YoY. From January 2007 to September 2008 (1 year 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProduct Manager, Automotive Services @ • Managed P&L of member service products serving over 4 million member households in four states. Led a team of business operations, marketing and IT product professionals. Developed long-term strategic vision and drove business planning to achieve 5-year growth goals.
• Drove implementation of web-based customer loyalty tracking application for AAA’s automotive services. Wrote business plan that met ROI hurdles and secured executive approval for funding of $2M program. From January 2006 to December 2006 (1 year) Orange County, California AreaProduct Manager @ • Managed P&L of the $4.5 billion channel through implementing product, pricing, and promotion strategies. Developed marketing strategy and annual promotion calendar and executed through risk management, sales and marketing communications teams. Drove over $200 million incremental volume.
• Responsible for annual planning. Built volume forecast model that improved accuracy by over 20%, resulting in more accurate goal setting across the organization. From January 2003 to January 2006 (3 years 1 month) Greater San Diego AreaMarketing Leadership Program Associate @ · Developed actionable product, marketing, and brand strategy implementation plan for 12 markets in the Asia Pacific Region aimed at increasing market share by 50%
· Performed competitive research and conducted extensive interviews in China and Taiwan on market segmentation, industry and consumer trends, and brand positioning to formulate strategies
· Analyzed findings and presented recommendations to over 50 members of Ford senior directors From June 2001 to September 2001 (4 months) Financial Consultant @ From July 1999 to July 2000 (1 year 1 month) Greater Los Angeles Area
MBA, Marketing and International Management @ UCLA Anderson School of Management From 2000 to 2002 MBA EAP, MBA @ Fundação Getulio Vargas From 2001 to 2001 BA, History @ University of California, Los Angeles From 1991 to 1996 UC EAP, Political Science @ Sciences Po Toulouse From 1995 to 1996 Danny Chang is skilled in: SQL, Photoshop, Product Management, E-commerce, Market Research, Forecasting, Analytics, Product Marketing, Product Strategy, Segmentation, Competitive Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Online Marketing, Business Strategy, Social Media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension