Lead Data Journalist @ International Business Times UK
Kaplan College - London
Data Journalist @ Created data analysis and data journalism pieces for the online and prin version of the magazine, collaborating in the development of data-driven content delivered through infographics and better engaging visualisations From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) London, United KingdomData Journalist @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Manchester,
Data Journalist @ Created data analysis and data journalism pieces for the online and prin version of the magazine, collaborating in the development of data-driven content delivered through infographics and better engaging visualisations From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) London, United KingdomData Journalist @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Manchester, United KingdomFreelance Journalist @ Freelance Journalist for the Foreign and Online News Desk From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) London, United KingdomBlogger @ - Blogger for www.datajcrew.it, italian blog about data journalism: I write and comment about the best example of data journalism articles and infographics around the web, explaining methods and tools used for this kind of journalism.
- Social Media Manager: developed a social media strategy with the official Twitter (@datajocrew) and Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/data.journalism.crew) of the Blog.
- Data Mining;
- Data Scriping;
- Deep knowledge of social media and digital promotion;
- Digital PR, social media tracking and web analysis;
- Self-managed and proactive;
- Apply creative solutions;
- Strong communications skills;
- Confident presenting. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) Catania Area, ItalyJournalist, Social Media Manager, Photographer, Videomaker @ - http://datajcrew.it;
- http://instagram.com/dadi89ct . From 2009 to Present (6 years) London, United KingdomFreelance Reporter @ From July 2014 to July 2014 (1 month) Brighton, United KingdomInteractive Desk Intern @ From April 2014 to May 2014 (2 months) London, United KingdomInternship @ Working on a database of government bodies, executive agencies, Non-Departmental Public Bodies, websites, professional organisations and any relevant organisation using public funds for Journalists. From June 2013 to November 2013 (6 months) London, United KingdomFreelance Translator @ Translator of The Data Journalism Handbook in Italian. From May 2013 to November 2013 (7 months) London, United KingdomPress Officer - Social Media Assistant @ Press officer and social media assistant for international LBS company NearMe From May 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomJournalist, Social Media Assistant, Translator @ - Journalist at the Press Office of the #Ijf13: i wrote articles about the meetings and the workshops of the Festival.
- Social Media Assistant: live twitting, social media live coverage of the festival, real-time monitoring and curation of the social activity of the festival.
- Translator: i helped journalists translating english interviews and different meetings of the Festival. From April 2013 to April 2013 (1 month) Perugia Area, ItalyBroadcaster, Account Manager, PR @ - Broadcaster: anchor man and editor of 4 radio shows about international students and Rock Music.
- Social Media Assistant: sharing contents, live tweeting of the shows and of the radio events.
- Press Office Assistant: reporter and editor of the radio news shows.
- Experience in communications and in marketing;
- Experience of external communication with media and marketing & communications managers;
- Event management experience;
- One-to-one client relationship work background;
- Time-management, ability to prioritise and multitask;
- Negotiation, communication and organisation skills. From November 2009 to September 2012 (2 years 11 months) Catania Area, ItalyJournalist, Translator @ - Journalist at the Press Office of the #Ijf12: i wrote articles about the meetings and the workshops of the Festival.
- Translator: i helped journalists translating english interviews and different meetings of the Festival. From April 2012 to April 2012 (1 month) Perugia Area, ItalyJournalist, Broadcaster, Social Media Manager @ - Journalist at the official Press Office of FIE (www.fie.ch): Live blogging about the Championships, realized articles and interviews. Translator for media.
- Broadcaster for Rai Sport.
- Social Media Manager for FIE and Radio Zammù. From October 2011 to October 2011 (1 month) Catania Area, ItalyJournalist, Digital Content Manager @ - Reporter for Tv shows for the Italian Community in Hungary: i realized several video reportages about the hungarian and italian societies.
- Post Production Assistant: assistant for the production of media and video contents for different tv shows and reportages for the Tv News.
- Social Media Manager: I worked at the Facebook and Twitter profiles of the tv channel studying a social media strategy to increase the social influence.
- Fluent written and verbal English and Hungarian; including extensive experience of writing communications for the external market (press releases, content and blogs);
- Direct experience of developing and maintaining working relationships with PR and AR agencies.
- Experience of managing and growing online communities;
- Solid understanding of search engine optimization techniques. From January 2011 to July 2011 (7 months) Journalist, Social Media Manager @ - Journalist: assisted the editorial TV staff in the formulation of the international news and realizing video reportages.
- Experience in the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software);
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms;
- Relationships with third part social media communities, brands, and individual publishers;
- Developed viral campaigns, contests and other incentive-based programmes to build brand awareness and engagement;
- Analysis and reporting of key metrics across social media initiatives and recommendations for optimizations. From December 2010 to June 2011 (7 months) PR Press Office @ - Head of Press Office: editor of a local newspaper of news and events.
- Event Organizer: organizer of social and cultural events such as concert, festivals, open cinema, art and Journalism related events such us Hacks and Hackers and Open Data Community.
- Social Media Manager: creator of the Facebook page of the Company, promoting the events.
- Project management, PR and marketing.
- Accurate and speedy copywriting of blog posts, press releases, editorial content and briefing notes;
- Organise and manage the media coverage of key accomplishments and launches;
- Monitor and report on the success of media events and launches;
- Monitor coverage and mentions in mainstream media and online;
- Planning and delivery of marketing and brand activity. From October 2010 to June 2011 (9 months) Journalist @ - Reporter of several articles about University news, cultural and music events in Catania.
- Desk Assistant: daily updates for the home page of the Web Magazine.
- Filmmaker and Producer: production of video reportages about the news published in Home Page and post-production. From September 2009 to June 2011 (1 year 10 months) Catania Area, ItalyBroadcaster @ - Broadcaster: Anchorman and editor of a radio show about Erasmus student life in Hungary and in Europe.
- Sound Engineer Assistant: Collaborator in a team in order to study how to control the values of the sound in Radio and Tv Shows.
- Press Office Assistant: Reporter and editor of the radio news shows. From October 2010 to May 2011 (8 months) Journalist, PR executive, Broadcaster @ - Journalist: assisted the editorial radio staff in the production of international news
- Broadcaster of the radio Show "Parallel Countries."
- Experience of managing content on a corporate website;
- Familiar with email content management systems and web content management systems;
- Strategic social media management;
- Generate strategically targeted and managed PR campaigns across all media, with particular responsibility for online;
- Maintain excellent relations with all relevant online and print media contacts including key bloggers;
- Oversee all independent companies delivering online content;
- Links with the Digital Department & Marketing teams;
- Assisted senior press and digital PR manager in integrating effective online and print PR strategies across the department, driving forward the use of online press releases, internal communication and digital networks. From January 2011 to April 2011 (4 months) Journalist @ Journalist for the press office, conduct interviews, produce videos and photos. From June 2010 to June 2010 (1 month) Catania Area, ItalyJournalist @ Journalist and video assistant for “Così stanno le cose”, italian TV show. From May 2010 to May 2010 (1 month) Catania Area, Italy
MA Interactive Journalism, Journalism @ City University London From 2013 to 2014 Language course, IELTS - International English Language Testing System, Average: 7 @ Kaplan College - London From 2013 to 2013 Bachelor of Arts (BA), Humanities/Humanistic Studies, 108 / 110 @ Università di Catania / University of Catania From 2009 to 2012 Seminars, Social Sciences, Media, Journalism @ Mississippi State University From 2011 to 2011 Seminars, Social Sciences, Media, Journalism @ The University of Memphis From 2011 to 2011 Erasmus Scholarship - 1 year, Italian Studies, A @ Pazmany Peter Katolikus Egyetem From 2010 to 2011 Classical high school diploma, Linguistics, Licterature, Greek, Latin @ Liceo Classico "E. Majorana" From 2004 to 2009 Daniele Palumbo is skilled in: Radio, Journalism, Video Editing, Social Media Marketing, Public Relations, Databases, data journalism, infographics, Social Networking, Intercultural Communication, Digital Media, Social Media, New Media, Chicken, Online Journalism