President & Enterprise Vice President @ Nemours Children's Hospital Nemours Children's Health System
President @ DBledsoe Consulting
President, Children's and Women's Hospital @ Sacred Heart Health System - Ascension Health
University of Colorado Denver
A visionary, MBA-degreed Healthcare Leader with proven track record of blending long range strategy with creative and energetic problem solving. Seasoned executive with operational accountability for the continuum of care, including out-patient (specialty and primary care) clinics, in-patient and ancillary services. Extensive medical staff partnering expertise resulting in improved clinical, quality and operational alignment with physicians. Dedicated
A visionary, MBA-degreed Healthcare Leader with proven track record of blending long range strategy with creative and energetic problem solving. Seasoned executive with operational accountability for the continuum of care, including out-patient (specialty and primary care) clinics, in-patient and ancillary services. Extensive medical staff partnering expertise resulting in improved clinical, quality and operational alignment with physicians. Dedicated to the artful balance of safety, excellence, and transparency, while creating value through optimal operational efficiency, expense management and revenue optimization. Recognized for extensive involvement in the community.
President & Enterprise Vice President @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Orlando, Florida AreaPresident @ From July 2013 to July 2015 (2 years 1 month) President, Children's and Women's Hospital @ Dedicated leadership of two hospitals (170 beds) within a (466 bed) flagship hospital, and Ann Baroco Center for Breast Health. Developed future strategic direction; prioritized regional growth strategies; created innovative physician alignment models; strengthened culture of high reliability, excellence and service; developed new programs and actively cultivated community awareness and support. Co-chair Ascension Health Neonatal and Pediatric Engagement work to establish national standards of care and quality measures throughout AH.
• Led a comprehensive regional market assessment process resulting in the formulation of a five year financial model based on strategic modeling.
• Constructed a 5 year physician workforce plan and recruited 15 highly trained sub-specialists.
• Launched a Board chartered Quality and Safety Committee, developed a comprehensive quality scorecard while leading with total transparency. From April 2011 to June 2013 (2 years 3 months) Pensacola, Florida AreaVice President, Patient Care Services & CNO @ Management of in-patient clinical and ancillary operations, including Institutes – Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences and Orthopeadic, and specialty and primary care clinics (over 145,000 visits/yr). Partner with medical staff to advance and develop new programs, including identification of key physician recruitments. Clinical oversight for shared services areas: emergency department, surgical services, cardiology and catheterization laboratory. Key participant in master campus and long-range financial planning for a $562 million expansion (425,000 sq ft). Collaborate with the Foundation on donor cultivation. Invited member of the Board of Directors; member of Board Quality Committee and Foundation Board Stewardship Committee.
• Achieved Magnet (2008) with no recommedations.
• Chaired re-design of enterprise-wide goal setting methodology, management evaluation process and “at-risk” pay program, proposal approved by the Board Compensation Committee.
• Directed strategic workforce planning reduced vacancy rate from 22% to 2% and premium labor from $12.8M to less than $600K with an increase ADC of 54pts/day.
• Implemented operational efficiency work which reduced labor expense $5.9M, exceeding 5% target and successfully sustained workflow redesign.
• Developed strategic and operating plans for each Institute (including a tertiary and quaternary gap analysis) and Patient Care Services with measurable indicators of success.
• Executive co-sponsor for electronic medical record implementation. 80% EMR with 98% CPOE utilization in 2005. Leapfrog awards in 2006; 2007; and 2009. From January 2004 to April 2011 (7 years 4 months) Director, Special Care Areas @ Director for Critical Care Areas; including PICU; Progressive Care Unit; CVICU; Cath Recovery; Cardiac Unit; Med-Surg/Transplant Unit; Dialysis Program, Float Pool and other supporting anxillary areas.
• Accountable for coordinating key stakeholder active participation and decisions for seven floors of a 15-story in-patient tower ($345M).
• Chaired the Employee Capital Campaign achieving 100% participation and raising over $550K.
• Co-chaired expense reduction taskforce resulting in $1.6M in cost savings for the Integrated Delivery System. From January 1997 to January 2004 (7 years 1 month) Nurse Manager, Pediatrics; Acting Co-Nursing Director - Children's Servcies @ Clinical and administrative accountability for a 41-bed General Medical-Surgical Pediatric Unit. Managed $2 million annual operating budget and 100 FTEs From September 1993 to July 1996 (2 years 11 months)
MBA @ University of Colorado Denver From 1989 to 1992 MS, Nursing Administration @ University of Colorado Health Sciences Center From 1989 to 1992 BSN, Nursing @ Loretto Heights University Dana FACHE is skilled in: Healthcare Information Technology, Nursing, Healthcare, Hospitals, Pediatrics, EMR, Clinical Research, ICU, Patient Safety, Healthcare Management, Critical Care, Quality Improvement, Healthcare Consulting, Leadership, Physicians
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension