An intelligent and approachable analyst with strong technical understanding and an ability to grasp concepts quickly. I have extensive experience in using and improving business systems across a range of industries and projects. I enjoy teamwork and pride myself in adding value by using my initiative and creative problem solving skills. My communication is clear and concise
An intelligent and approachable analyst with strong technical understanding and an ability to grasp concepts quickly. I have extensive experience in using and improving business systems across a range of industries and projects. I enjoy teamwork and pride myself in adding value by using my initiative and creative problem solving skills. My communication is clear and concise and enables me to explain complex issues to colleagues and customers at any level.
QA Consultant @ From October 2015 to Present (2 months) Test Lead @ From May 2015 to September 2015 (5 months) QA Consultant @ Working in the Direct Debit Subscriptions team. This team is responsible for the direct debit processing for the National Lottery.
* Exploratory testing of the subscription back end functionality
* Testing the full cycle of BACS requests
* Reusing Java based Cucumber test step
* Use of REST end points to trigger processes
* Jenkins to deploy builds to test environments
* Creation of DB2 SQL scripts to interrogate the database
* Accessibility testing From August 2013 to May 2015 (1 year 10 months) London, United KingdomSenior Test Analyst(contract) @ After 9 months of travelling I returned to SCEE. Currently, I am the senior test analyst for the Content Management System (CMS) Flow.
Flow is a bespoke in house, web based content management system, used by 200+ users across 33 territories, providing real time content across a number of marketing portals at SCEE. Flow was initially developed as a CMS for PlayStation.com. Since it’s inception it has been expanded to support the PS3, PSP, PSVita and mobile portals, Email marketing, Point of Sale marketing and an official mobile app supported on iPhone and android phones.
Other projects have included migrating from a third party developed asset, video and images, transformation application to an in-house developed solution. This was based around FFMPEG and uses web services. And a project to integrate PSN global data and Playstation.com CMS and website data. This will enable SCEE to be able to turn playstation.com in to an ecommerce site to sell PSN games.
* Testing the in house developed Content Management System within an Agile (SCRUM) environment
* Actively involved in all planning meetings, estimations and daily scrums
* Work closely with product owner, business analsyts, development team and other stakeholders
* Testing across multiple browsers, and handheld devices (including iPhone and Android apps)
* Early involvement at requirements gathering stage
* Creation of Oracle scripts to verify data
* Creation of test plans, scripts and reports
* Involved in sprint planning and estimations
* Exploratory testing of the CMS and other business applications
* Defect management originally using Jira and now Mingle
* Migration of existing test scripts from Excel to Quality Center From August 2010 to July 2013 (3 years) London, United KingdomTest Analyst (Contract) @ Test analyst for http://playstation.com/ The web site allows Sony to market new games and hardware, promote up coming events and provides communication channels such as blogging and forums. It also allows PlayStation game console users to compare trophies and achievements in game, display games owned and communicate with other PlayStation owners From April 2009 to October 2009 (7 months) Test analyst (Contract) @ Test analyst for Key Criteria's cloud network application that allows users to store, access and share their photos, music and contacts via Windows, browser and mobile based software From February 2009 to April 2009 (3 months) Test Analyst (Contract) @ Integration Test analyst for Sky’s market leading Video on Demand and Streaming Content player, for its subscribers. The service consists of a Microsoft Silverlight player, an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) and genre specific pages and is accessible via a web browser or as a stand alone application From October 2008 to December 2008 (3 months) Test Analyst @ Test analyst on the Sensis “Morph” program. Sensis are Australia's leading multi channel information and advertisement provider. Sensis are introducing a new sales tool that provides all of their downstream information sites such as yellowpages.com.au and whitepages.com.au. Yellowpages.com.au with online content. From February 2008 to June 2008 (5 months) Test Analyst (Contract) @ Test analyst on two small BizTalk 2006 projects for Amsphere. A solution to provide communication between a UNIX application and windows based interface to wifi hand held terminals used by cash transportation operatives. And a solution using MSMQ that allows British Car Auctions stock, auction and 3rd party web sites to sell cars at the end of their lease life. From September 2007 to January 2008 (5 months) Test Analyst (Contract) @ Test analyst for Marks and Spencer’s re-launched E-commerce site and customer management tools. Marks and Spencer provide the back-end fulfilment and payment applications. Amazon hosts and provides the front end web technology behind Marks & Spencer’s website, as well as the company’s in-store and telephone ordering and customer services systems. From February 2006 to September 2007 (1 year 8 months) Test Analyst @ Tester of HL7Connector (Health Level 7), HISLConverters (Health Information Systems Limited) and PACS (Picture Archiving Communication System). ComMedica provides an integrated solution for radiology/radiography for the NHS Rollout programme, Connecting for Health (CFH)/National Programme for IT (NPFit) From April 2005 to February 2006 (11 months) Test Analyst @ Responsible for the cyclical testing of Electronic Selling Platform (www.marksandspencer.com) releases. From May 2004 to April 2005 (1 year) Technical Support @ Sony Online Entertainment produce and distributes online games such as Everquest, vanguard saga of heroes and StarWars Galaxies to mainstream consumers and games enthusiasts through www.station.sony.com From August 2003 to March 2004 (8 months) Data Administrator @ From January 2002 to August 2003 (1 year 8 months) Account Administrator @ From January 1997 to January 1998 (1 year 1 month)
Foundation degree, Computer Science, Foundation @ Birkbeck, U. of London From 2011 to 2013 GCSE @ Abbotsfield School From 1989 to 1994 Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree, Computer Software Engineering @ Udacity Dan Jones is skilled in: User Acceptance Testing, Test Management, Quality Center, Test Planning, Test Strategy, ISEB, System Integration..., Testing, Waterfall, System Testing, Agile Testing, Manual Testing, Agile Methodologies, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, JIRA, Quality Assurance, Test Automation, V-Model, QTP, Kanban, Collaboration, Integration Testing, Test Cases, Defect Tracking, Functional Testing, ISEB Certified, Scrum, Exploratory Testing, Software Quality..., ISTQB Certified, Mobile Devices, Test Execution, Testing Tools, Web Applications, SDLC, Scripting, White Box Testing, Test Estimation, Web Testing, SQL, XML, Usability Testing, UML, Load Testing, End-to-end Testing, Test Case Generation, Unix, Requirements Gathering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension