M.Tech., Production Engineering @
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Do you need a Leader to re-energize your IT Team, and re-align IT Functions and Processes with the right business priorities, THAT IS ME. Visionary leader who can clearly articulate IT Goals and Objectives, align with right business priorities and lay out IT Strategy and Technology and Product Roadmap. Brings wealth of enterprise architecture knowledge using latest
Do you need a Leader to re-energize your IT Team, and re-align IT Functions and Processes with the right business priorities, THAT IS ME. Visionary leader who can clearly articulate IT Goals and Objectives, align with right business priorities and lay out IT Strategy and Technology and Product Roadmap. Brings wealth of enterprise architecture knowledge using latest tools, technologies, and processes to create real business value. Has proven credentials streamlining and stabilizing IT production operations, turning around and building high performance IT teams, and establishing enterprise program management offices (EPMOs) from ground up. Successfully led enterprise change management initiatives, and delivered high quality large scale multi-million dollar cost-effective global program initiatives leveraging latest technologies.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
• Managed multi-million dollar IT and Project Budgets
• Managed Large Size Internal/External IT Teams
• Portfolio Management, Budget Planning, Forecasting, and Control
• Human Resources, Leadership, Resource Allocation and Management
• IT Contract Negotiations
• Offshore Vendor Management
• Enterprise Architecture and PMO
• IT Strategy, Technology Roadmap, and IT Blueprint
• Project Costing, Budgeting and Portfolio Management
• Implementation of Oracle E-Business, Custom and Commercial Off The Shelf Solutions in 40+ countries
• Data-warehouse and Data-mart Solutions and BI Analytics
Extensive experience in
• Retail Services
• Management and IT Consulting
• Supply Chain and Logistics
• Transportation Services
• Production and Maintenance of Locomotives, and Rail-cars
Senior Vice President, Information Technology & Services @ Head of Information Technology & Services Division of the Company. I am proud to be part of NeighborWorks America.
Restructured Information Management (IM) Division into high performance Information Technology & Services (IT&S) Division within first three months through organizational re-alignment with corporate mission and goals and restructuring IT departments.
Established Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) from ground up and implemented much needed procurement policies and procedures to restore IT procurement discipline.
Introduced IT Project Portfolio planning and IT Governance and Controls to deliver IT projects on time and within budget. From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaChief Technology Officer @ Head of IT Department at University of Michigan HMRC, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
UM-Health Management Research Center (UM-HMRC) is a world-wide leader in studying how health choices influence total health and productivity, quality of life, vitality and health care economics throughout a lifetime.
• Serving 200 healthcare, health insurance, and corporate clients globally.
• Providing Saas based health and wellness management products and services to 200 corporate clients and 4 million annual end users based on world-class pioneering health management research.
Summary of Accomplishments: Unified and turned around IT department within first three months. Quickly stabilized IT production operations and automated data load processes and improved customer support processes. Built Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) from ground-up. Instituted SDLC Processes for major product development and minor enhancements. Rolled out Footprints production support ticketing system and brought down production incidents from 350 to fewer than 100. Laid out IT Vision for New Product Development, Enterprise Architecture, HIPAA compliant IT Infrastructure Data Operations and Security. Introduced Database Standards and laid out Information Architecture Roadmap. From January 2014 to November 2014 (11 months) Vice President, Global Business Applications @ Responsible for Application Development and Support of Global Business Applications consisting of Oracle E-Business Suite of Applications, Evaluation, Selection, and Implementation of Commercial-off-the-shelf Applications and Custom-built Applications.
Project and Portfolio Management, Budget Estimates for the project initiatives, Project Proposals and Approvals and Delivery of Major Project Initiatives. Successfully delivered Global Chart of Accounts/Calendar Re-Design, Oracle EBS Archive and Purge Project, SWB Performance Tuning and Database Upgrade projects. Implementation of Data Integration Hub for TLMS and Application Changes for the interfacing applications. From September 2011 to October 2013 (2 years 2 months) Director, Enterprise Applications @ • Provided thought-leadership to transform Global Business Applications department into a high performing department.
• Built Enterprise Program Management Office from scratch and established Senior and Executive Management Reviews, Project Management Structure and Governance and SDLC processes.
• Led IT Blueprint strategy initiative for envisioning, defining and documenting Global Project Initiatives for 3 year and 5 year time horizons for Global Business Applications.
• Established new System Development Framework and led creation of associated process assets and process definition in support of newly deployed structured processes.
• Led Oracle Health-check initiative to identify Oracle E-Business Implementation Road map for next 3 years.
• Re-defined Application Support processes and stabilized open incidents queue from 2000 to fewer than 100.
• Delivered Oracle E-Business South America Financial Implementation, HRIO Projects, Mexico and Argentina e-Invoicing, SWB Enhancement projects.
• Evaluation of Products and Vendors and Planning and Requirements Definition of Time and Labor Management System Initiative. From December 2008 to September 2011 (2 years 10 months) Adjunct Professor @ Adjunct Professor in the college of management teaching graduate level courses. Serving as a member on Doctoral Dissertation Committee in the area of Software Engineering and Knowledge Management. From August 2006 to June 2010 (3 years 11 months) Global Program Manager @ Hired as Requirements Engineering Manager and progressed to Global PMO Manager for GPSC IS&S. Managed Global PMO and multi- million dollar Project Portfolio consisting of several Global Purchasing, Supply Chain (GPSC), and Logistics Projects. Led corporate System Delivery Process (SDP) Improvement Initiative and created SDP Acceptance Framework for CMMI Acquisition Model. Successfully delivered high business impact Supplier Suggestion B2B Portal and GRS-Timecard Applications as part of transition to the target architecture. Conducted project audits for process and IT standards compliance. From May 2001 to December 2008 (7 years 8 months) Principal Consultant @ Implemented wireless based Vehicle Tracking System to support Supply Chain Operations and Logistics Business Processes
• Preparation of multi-million dollar bid proposal, detailed estimates, and Statement of Work for Michigan State ePortal Application
• Skills Management Application for CMM Level 3
• WRM Supply Chain Operations and Logistics Project Management for a Retail Corporation From January 2001 to May 2001 (5 months) Management Consultant @ Project/Program Manger, Gale Group, Farmington Hills, MI.
Project and Program Management of Development of mission-critical Odyssey Editorial Systems
• Program Level Integration, Estimation, and Budgeting
• Software Process Improvement Initiative and Project Management Methodologies
• Used Java J2EE, JSP, Java Script, ASP, and XML technologies and Unix and Windows platforms
• Used SQL Server 7, Access 97, and Oracle 7/8 Databases
• Web development, database services, and Java component development From May 2000 to December 2000 (8 months) Senior Consultant @ Consulted for Ford Motor Company
Design, Development and Application Support of Data-warehouse and Reporting Initiatives including Total Cost System (Plant Level Costing), Distributed Labor and Overhead Reporting System, VIN Level Data-mart Reporting System using MS Access, SQL Server and Oracle Data Bases Data-mart, Crystal Reports, Developer/Designer and MS Visual Studio IDE and ASP.Net. From August 1997 to May 2000 (2 years 10 months) Manufacturing Systems Engineer @ • Torque-rod business analysis, and Torque-rod automation system
• Activity Based Costing and Financial Reporting System using Visual Basic, and Oracle Database From February 1996 to July 1997 (1 year 6 months) Dy Chief Mechanical Engineer @ • Managed a staff of 2000 with overall budget, people, operational, and P&L responsibility for a rail car manufacturing and maintenance plant. Managed Accounting, Finance, Human Resource, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, and Material Management, and Production Planning and Control Functions.
• Won prestigious “Engineer of the Year Award” from Institution of Engineers (India) in recognition of engineering innovations and outstanding contributions in the field of engineering for productivity improvements. From 1984 to August 1994 (10 years)
DMIT, Doctor of Management in IT @ Lawrence Technological University From 2002 to 2008 MBA, Business Administration and MIS @ Southern Illinois University, Carbondale From 1994 to 1996 M.Tech., Production Engineering @ Indian Institute of Technology, Madras From 1981 to 1983 B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering @ National Institute of Technology Warangal From 1976 to 1981 Damodar PgMP is skilled in: Oracle E-Business Suite, Program Management, Application Development, CMMI, Process Development, ERP, Global Deployment, IT Strategy, SDLC, PMO, Process Improvement, Project Execution, Knowledge Management, PMP, Vendor Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension