SAP FI-CO Project Manager @ JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
IE (Instituto de Empresa)
I am a SAP FI-CO Team Leader / Subject Matter Expert with a strong all-round capability in SAP. Modules in which I excel include Finance (FI: A/P, A/R, GL, FA, BK), Simple Finance (AC100), FI-CA (gas industry), CFM (petrochemical industry), JVA (petrochemical industry), POS-DM (retail industry), Simple Finance (SAP HANA), CO, MM/SD, PS, PM. Such a background
I am a SAP FI-CO Team Leader / Subject Matter Expert with a strong all-round capability in SAP. Modules in which I excel include Finance (FI: A/P, A/R, GL, FA, BK), Simple Finance (AC100), FI-CA (gas industry), CFM (petrochemical industry), JVA (petrochemical industry), POS-DM (retail industry), Simple Finance (SAP HANA), CO, MM/SD, PS, PM. Such a background has given me a rare SAP capability of being able to integrate the modules together from a functional/process and a technical angle and identify any gaps within the solution. Further to this what makes me unique is the merger of these excellent technical skills including the ability to use the ASAP methodology. I have now successfully completed over ten project life cycles (project scoping, business process mapping, blueprinting, configuration, unit / integration testing, go-live and post go live support).
Specialties: Industry Experience.
• Energy, Electricity and Renewable Energy.
• Petrochemical & Gas.
• Telecommunications and mobile operators.
• Pharmaceutical and Chemical.
• Manufacturing (Steel, Seals and associated products).
• Retail (grocery retail - Supermarkets).
• Travel & Leisure.
Skills & Competencies:
• Expert knowledge in SAP FI (GL, AP/AR, TR, AM) and Simple Finance (SAP HANA).
• Good knowledge in FI-CA, CFM, JVA, PS, CO, PM, POS-DM.
• ASAP Methodology Expert.
• SAP Integration Skills.
• SAP Project Management Skills.
SAP FI-CO Subject Matter Expert / Team Lead / Integration Lead @ SAP S/4HANA Greenfield Implementation Project.
Mobile Telecommunication Company of Iran also known under its brand name Hamrah-e-Avval is Iran's first and largest mobile phone network operator in Middle East region.
Iran´s localization requirements and telecommunication best practices as core part of SAP implemented solution. From May 2015 to October 2015 (6 months) EUROPEAN / PAN-AMERICAN ROLL-OUT PROJECT (HI-FRONTS "G") @ Hitachi’s European / Pan-American Reorganisation Program is based around an SAP Enterprise 6.0 core being rolled out Europe-wide (21 countries), US, Canada, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil recently. My role as SAP FI CO Subject Matter Expert comprises developing the data migration processes from high level strategy to managing final delivery whilst mentoring and supporting the Hitachi internal team lead. The Project consists of a multi-national group of consultants & Hitachi employees both European and Japanese, based at the Project’s European headquarters in Düsseldorf. The current IT landscape of the Company consists of a series of independent legacy systems (AX Dynamics) with complex integration, whereas the end design would be a single SAP Enterprise instance with SAP FI-CO (core modules: new GL, AP, AR, Asset Accounting, SEPA [Format: SEPA_CT, SEPA_DD, that complies with format specification used in the European Economic Area], EBS…), local and statutory reporting and integration (BPC) with Hitachi Global HQ (Tokyo). From June 2012 to February 2015 (2 years 9 months) Düsseldorf Area, GermanySAP FI Subject Matter Expert @ I was responsible for the elaboration of the project plan and business blueprint in this initial phase of implementing SAP R/3 at Mapfre Colombia. Tasks performed:
• Work Shops & Presentations of SAP FI-CO (bespoke solution) offsite, Madrid HQ.
• Project definition & planning
• Business Process and Requirement analysis onsite
• GAP Analysis
• Business Blueprints – Definition of Functional analysis in remote – “To Be”
• Presentation of final BBP to client. From February 2012 to April 2012 (3 months) Madrid Area, SpainSAP FI SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT @ The role included SAP FI third level support to several key users across different locations in US, Central and South America countries, and rolling-out the SAP Global solution (GL, AP, AR, FA, TR, CCA, PCA, COPA, BI, XI) to new company acquisitions (Panama, Ecuador); I worked very closely with Business Line Managers in order to implement and deploy the Company’s strategy across the different business streams. My day to day activities could be summarized as follow: new requirements / queries were sent through SAP key users to Competency Centre, I assessed them and provided functional spec. documentation / inputs to the Programming team (10 people, which I were under my supervision) to build the solution, which was later on tested by Junior/Senior Consultants (which I also managed) and finally delivered according to the Project timeline. In parallel, I led the roll-out projects (different work stream) based on localisation requirements. From May 2011 to February 2012 (10 months) Madrid Area, SpainSAP FI TEAM LEADER [Greenfield Project (Retail Sector)] @ Responsibilities include leading FI module (AP, AR, GL and FA) and integration with external central purchasing company (IFA GROUP) and “n” point of sales (POS-DM). Furthermore, I interviewed executives and key users to create the gap analysis between the current non-SAP application “As-Is” processes and the “To-Be” processes when using SAP. Besides, I provide SAP project manager and stakeholders with the project’s progress and the risk management, held workshops and end-user training, prepare the comprehensive documentation required for all FI/CO configuration and processes, perform extensive testing before any changes get released to the production environment and research and apply OSS notes where is needed. By the way, I am leading a team of 12 people: 3 Senior Consultant, 4 Junior Consultant and 5 ABAP Programmers. From May 2010 to May 2011 (1 year 1 month) Asturias, SpainSAP FI Team Leader Roll-Out Project (Manufacturing Sector) @ I set-up new Company Codes based in U.S.A. according to SAP corporate model and closing any GAP due to localization requirements (Tax - legal requirements and integration with MM, SD, PP, PS, CO, PA). From March 2010 to May 2010 (3 months) Madrid Area, SpainSAP FI Team Leader Roll-Out Project (Energy Sector) @ The project included implementing a single systems and processes model and changing the version of Iberdrola’s SAP software. Furthermore, I was in charge of creating a methodology for integrating and defining a strategy model using the group’s common requirements, which could be used as a basis for implementation in future acquisitions. In addition, I led a team of 12 people: 4 junior SAP Consultants and 8 ABAP Programmers. From March 2009 to March 2010 (1 year 1 month) Bilbao Area, SpainSenior SAP FI Consultant Support (Oil – Gas Sector) @ Corrective & Preventive Project (Oil Sector)
I was contacted by INDRA to help them to achieve SAP FI CEPSA System support, solving different sort of issues across CEPSA SAP System: FI (GL, AP/AR, TR, AM), FI-CA (gas industry), CFM (currency trading), JVA (E & P), PS, CO, PM; further external applications (EDITRAN and plenty of interfaces) has also to be considered. From March 2008 to February 2009 (1 year) Madrid Area, SpainSenior SAP FI Consultant Global Template / Roll- out (Telecommunications) @ I was a FI Consultant at Vodafone Project based in UK (EVO Project). In fact, I was responsible for AM SAP final solution concerning the Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC) based in Luxembourg which acts on behalf of the different Vodafone Companies around the world. In addition, I designed all the VPC SAP processes, Extensions, Reports and Interfaces. Besides, I took part of Fixed Asset Team (Release Team), rolling out the global model into different locations (Luxembourg, Germany, Hungary and Romania) and solving local requirements (Tax, legal, business…) and strategic business alignment according to the corporate strategy. From July 2007 to February 2008 (8 months) London, United KingdomSAP FI Consultant @ NISSAN GROUP / EMTISA (10/2006-01/2007) (Automobile) http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/index.html / http://www.emtisa.com
I was responsible to solve several SAP FI (GL, AP/AR, MM) issues within the automobile context before fiscal year closing.
JOHN CRANE (02-04/2007) Project (Manufacturing)
http://johncrane.com / http://www.smiths-group.com
I was involved in a FI GAP analysis Project in order to fit the Global template (implemented in U.K.) in Spanish subsidiary.
ATOS ORIGIN IBERIA (02-06/2007) Project (Consulting)
I was brought in to manage the FICO implementation as part of the Roll-Out Project. From October 2006 to June 2007 (9 months) Barcelona Area, SpainSAP FI Consultant Support (Pharmaceutical and Chemical) @ I was employed by BAYER AG GROUP on a permanent basis to maintain 43 Company Codes (Europe, Asia and North America) in a support environment [FI (GL, AP/AR, TR, AM), CO]. From January 2006 to September 2006 (9 months) Barcelona Area, SpainJunior SAP FI MM Consultant Support & Project (Steel Manufacturing) @ I took part in a SAP roll out project for some scrap companies (new functionalities, process and gap analysis). Moreover, I had to provide FI-MM Support to 8 Company Codes across Europe. From May 2005 to December 2005 (8 months) Barcelona Area, SpainJunior SAP FI Consultant Project (IS-Retail) @ I assisted to Senior FI Consultant on a Retail Project (http://www.puntroma.com) with no previous SAP experience: client facing, business process mapping and testing the new solution. From February 2005 to April 2005 (3 months) Barcelona Area, Spain
Master of Business Administration (MBA), MBA @ IE (Instituto de Empresa) From 2008 to 2009 CERTIFICATION, JVA SAP course @ SAP Spain From 2008 to 2008 CERTIFICATION, IT Project Management Course @ Netmind From 2006 to 2006 Master, Master in SAP Business Management Software (FI-CO, MM, SD, PP, ABAP) @ ESADE Business & Law School From 2005 to 2006 MASTER IN SAP, SAP @ Universitat Ramon Llull From 2005 to 2006 Master's degree, Erasmus Exchange Programme and CEMS Programme @ Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie From 2004 to 2005 European Union's Leonardo Da Vinci Programme, Goya-Leonardo Grants, European Union's Leonardo Da Vinci Programme @ Universidad Pontificia Comillas From 2004 to 2005 Master's degree, International Business Programme @ University of Warsaw From 2004 to 2005 Master's degree, Managerial and Financial accountancy course designed and evaluated by Bradford University, England @ Wyższa Szkoła Przedsiębiorczosci i Zarządzania im. L. Koźmińskiego w Warszawie From 2004 to 2005 First Class Degree, Administration and Business Management @ Universidad Carlos III de Madrid From 2002 to 2004 First Class Degree, Economics @ Universidad Carlos III de Madrid From 1998 to 2002 First Class Degree, Law @ Universidad Carlos III de Madrid From 1998 to 2001 DAVID PAZ is skilled in: SAP R/3, SAP ERP, SAP, SAP Implementation, SAP FI, Business Process, Consulting, SAP PS, SD, Telecommunications, Rollout, ERP, SAP FICO, ABAP, Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension